• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign making help NOOB

funghi2

Yeah, It probably won't do too well outside in rain, I just meant to keep the inks from smearing... then again, who knows.... how did it do?
You can go cheaper than Aquanet, go to the dollar tree and load up.

its bled a little but its acceptable for what i need it to do. thanks again

Last edited:

funghi2

You would be surprised, printed plans are the bread and butter of where I now run the sign and graphic department & I'm constantly laminating plans, sometimes with dry-erase lamination, and mounting them to foam board.
Probably a page or two andy? must cost big money to laminate a full set.

Andy D

Probably a page or two andy? must cost big money to laminate a full set.

Usually it's 4-6 pages, I did 7 24"x36" on foam board yesterday.
It's usually for large jobs where the contractor wants to have them on the wall of the onsite
office.

funghi2

Yes I see that done when a presentation has to be made to the community board or landmarks committee something like that

Andy D

A cold lamination on one side only, so it's not moisture proof.
They like to take dry erase markers and make temporary notes.
I also keep a roll of 52" poster paper, if they want something more rigid, but still rolls up.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
xJ_lFb8qQGN06Wi_mrybOf5y8VaAEbfBB3PhGZsHCNcztZW_9QFs4aaFi8E62Vt-5JQHwySfs94oTUuH9dlXQiSC7fwzD4ixydqc5vcjIM2QYq2XxNa6oJD4pW-8fhu-3ReOI-RJNn8=w974-h938-no

funghi2

A cold lamination on one side only, so it's not moisture proof.
They like to take dry erase markers and make temporary notes.
I also keep a roll of 52" poster paper, if they want something more rigid, but still rolls up.

How much does that run to laminate a 24x36 sheet?