• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Shop Meme

ams

Brion(AMS) didn't make fun of my wife. He made a vague statement about her "being another story".

His interaction with us involved two unrealistic requests that we couldn't accommodate. One involved "using" our Class A Contractor's license and another was for our installers to assist him when we had already committed them to another client. I think he is confusing rudeness with not getting what he wanted.

Our business reputation is important to us. We have a lot of people counting on us - employees and clients. Sometimes that means we have to say "no".

Brion, I've been very patient with you but talking about a man's wife is dangerous territory. I would certainly not disparage your wife and if I did, I would expect a swift response.

Please read this slowly and carefully. If you mention my wife again, there are going to be consequences. You should understand this, resist the urge to reply and move on.

Where did the contractor license come from??? You have a Class C BSC and a Class A ELE. Not sure where that popped up from.

Borrowing one of your installers wasn't because you were committed, it's that you didn't want one of your employees helping another sign shop is how you meant it.

Give me a break, I said I didn't like her, big flippin' deal. Your making a mountain out of a molehill.

What are you going to do call the cops? spread false statements about my company? take me to court? I dare you to try something. I am entitled to my own opinion, so you drop it.

By the way, I am getting really sick of the replies to this thread. Why don't you be the bigger man and walk away? All I wanted was to be friends with you guys and you don't so that's fine.

Last edited:

SqueeGee

Where did the contractor license come from??? You have a Class C BSC and a Class A ELE. Not sure where that popped up from.

You called my office and said that you had a project that you wanted to do but did not have the required contractor's license. I sent you the following email:

On 4/20/2015 11:46 AM, Robbie wrote:

Good Morning Brion,

Thanks for your call. I’m afraid that we can’t help on your __________ project. I recommend contacting __________. You’d probably need to speak with _____ or _______.

Good luck with your project!

Borrowing one of your installers wasn't because you were committed, it's that you didn't want one of your employees helping another sign shop is how you meant it.

We routinely do work for other sign companies, not only in Charlottesville, but across the region. At times, we are scheduled out several weeks and as I recall, you needed someone the very next day. It just wasn't possible to meet our prior commitments and do your job for you, also.

Your making a mountain out of a molehill.

The truth is not a molehill to me.

Best of luck to you in the future, Brion.

ams

You called my office and said that you had a project that you wanted to do but did not have the required contractor's license. I sent you the following email:

On 4/20/2015 11:46 AM, Robbie wrote:

Good Morning Brion,

Thanks for your call. I’m afraid that we can’t help on your __________ project. I recommend contacting __________. You’d probably need to speak with _____ or _______.

Good luck with your project!

We routinely do work for other sign companies, not only in Charlottesville, but across the region. At times, we are scheduled out several weeks and as I recall, you needed someone the very next day. It just wasn't possible to meet our prior commitments and do your job for you, also.

The truth is not a molehill to me.

Best of luck to you in the future, Brion.

Oh that, yeah that was awhile back. We barely did installs and only really started in 2014, when I found out I needed a contractors license to pull a permit, I freaked out with my pending jobs, but took my tests and passed, been good ever since. I understand not wanting to use your license, it comes with a liability risk. Back then I didn't know what to do, but now I see how crazy of a request that was.

I do remember that you lent me one of your newbie installer assistants to help out and I thank you for that. All I really needed was an extra hand. I didn't trust Joe off the street.

I don't know if I am talking to Robbie or some other employee, but if it is Robbie, I know you are taking offense because it's your wife. But I just don't understand why we could never work together. Perhaps we should have lunch sometime and discuss things.

Johnny Best

SqeeGee looks like he keeps great records and does not forget things. If I was you ams I would shut up while you have the chance. SqeeGee might reach across the table at lunch and grab you by the neck.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I think there are about 3 different conversations going on in this one thread...two arguments with two different sets of people and my delightful photo of an award winning sign... all of which have nothing to do with the title...man we all have issues:(

Emd2kick

AMS, it’s amazing how when you get called on your sh*t and you magically come up with/remember what happened....

Talk sh*t about someone’s shop, his wife, and create your own version of what really happened....then wonder why you can’t work together.

I think there’s a meme somewhere in there...AMS take a crack at it

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
I freaked out with my pending jobs, but took my tests and passed, been good ever since.

But I just don't understand why we could never work together. Perhaps we should have lunch sometime and discuss things.

Lunch sounds like a good idea especially considering a contact on Signs101 provided you with a most useful piece of info, which you agree has boasted your "status" from newbie to learned... About lunch though: What's on the menu? And as a bit of an aside, who wants to put in a vote for the "Hilarious" post rating?

SignsSupport

ams

Lunch sounds like a good idea especially considering a contact on Signs101 provided you with a most useful piece of info, which you agree has boasted your "status" from newbie to learned... About lunch though: What's on the menu? And as a bit of an aside, who wants to put in a vote for the "Hilarious" post rating?

SignsSupport

I don't quite understand what you meant by this post? But meeting face to face is best so there is no one else involved and we can talk things out. Some members on here fuel the fire and make things worse. By cutting them out, we can come to a resolution.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

SignsSupport

SignsSupport

This make sense to anyone? I'm confused.

TimToad

SignsSupport
I think a "Hilarious" post rating would be a great additional option for rating some of these gems.

TimToad

But meeting face to face is best so there is no one else involved and we can talk things out. Some members on here fuel the fire and make things worse. By cutting them out, we can come to a resolution.

A tad too late in the process by about half a dozen posts or more in this case, but an excellent idea and if sincere, I give you full props for making the attempt. Even bigger props to Squeegee if he accepts and is magnanimous enough to accept.

DerbyCitySignGuy

A tad too late in the process by about half a dozen posts or more in this case, but an excellent idea and if sincere, I give you full props for making the attempt. Even bigger props to Squeegee if he accepts and is magnanimous enough to accept.

I have to admit, if he (SqueeGee) does, he's a better man than me. If someone spoke about my wife like that, even unwittingly, and didn't immediately follow up with an apology... Well, that's grounds for an ass-whoopin' in these parts.