• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign World Convention, Atlantic City, in Oct. this year

CES020

We've been a long time supporter of the Sign World Convention in Atlantic City. We've seen it do great, and we've seen it not doing so great. With the dates for it almost always in late November, early December, it's always seemed like an odd time for a convention in Atlantic City. This year, they have moved it to October, which is great, time wise. However, the list of companies attending on the floor plan looks the worst I've seen it. I hope they are just waiting to update some info.

One of our suppliers informed me they weren't going this year and told us they'd be at the Atlantic City show in September next year. The kicker, it's the NBM show that they'll be at. That means NBM will be coming to Atlantic City in September of 2015, just weeks before the regularly scheduled Sign World Convention. That can't be good news for Sign World.

It's really sad to watch a trade show that's more deeply rooted in the craft of sign making become smaller and smaller, and then to have NBM step in and try and shut them out for good is even sadder to me.

With Sign World, you get the Bull Pen with so many talented hand painters and artists, just there to help others, with NBM, not so much.

I hope Sign World makes it and I hope people in this industry will attend the show in October of this year, if nothing more than to show support for people trying to preserve the craft.

Kottwitz-Graphics

I thought about going, but the only classes that i saw that i wanted to see are thursday. One early and one late. Since the show floor isnt open until later, i wouldn't be able to go to the bull pen. I wish that The gold leafin gclasses were on Friday instead.

Kevin-shopVOX

We'll be there! Hope it does get a bit bigger...the time of year this time around is much more welcome than prior. Should be fun.

petepaz

going friday to take a couple of classes and check out the show. maybe a little gambling and IF I WIN maybe stay the night????????(big if .....haha)

copythat

Going!

The bull pen has amazing work that is presented & also you get to watch these incredibly talented artist at work. It would be a terrible thing to have this show eliminated!