• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signs 101 Business Model

Would you prefer to pay membership dues for a smaller, higher quality forum?

• Yes

Votes: 78 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 192 71.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
There is no or slight similarities, but more examples. I was (and still am i guess) a long time member of both. In Signweb's case the unrestrained bullying and better alternatives of this place and SignForums made it an easy choice to switch. Sign Industrries case is the forum software sucks and the participation dwindled down to nothing. I am looking at it as a user not an admin.

D

DARLAK

i wouldn't pay...

if your customer is finding you here and your worried about it, quit spillin all your beans...

if a new member comes on here to find a quick boat graphic - oh well, they'll get hammered or get a quote from isag and we will all move on...

you make this an elitest forum, and you will lose more than you gain, the population will dwindle - check that, it will spiral down to a handful of folks and what fun will that be...

love, darlak

ChiknNutz

I think it's 1 in 100 that a YOUR customer would come onto this site and find their prices. It's no different from them stumbling across signcraft and seeing their layout in the "what's it cost to produce" section. If your worried about them finding there work here, simply do not type in their business name. A search engine works based off what you type. If it becomes a pay site, it's been a pleasure to have known you all.

I have to respectfully disagree. Due to my own naivety in the beginning, I've used my own business name. Try a Google search for my biz name and many of the FIRST hits that come up are typically related to Signs101. So, you can't tell me that someone performing their due diligence on a company wouldn't easily be able to find out a TON about us. To my horror, I just Googled my biz name again, and on the second page is our name in some Gay and Lesbian site...WTF is that about?!?!?! Yeah, have a hay-day with that one Signs101!

Ruddbow

I am active on a few "hobby" forums. I pay the $25-$50 to get a few of the perks. I think a great forum like this one will suffer by the aforementioned changes. I have utilized several of the site merchants, developed some great business friends and although you don't see me post much of my work that is by choice. I appreciate the poll Fred, it's nice to know that opinions are being taken into consideration....I just feel that a monster change like this to cover the low percentage of the problem, the majority of good contributors will suffer.

D

DARLAK

i guess i'm not worried about someone finding out who or what i am or how F'k up i can be....

then again, my name is the same as my name....

S

SignTech

if a new member comes on here to find a quick boat graphic - oh well, they'll get hammered or get a quote from isag and we will all move on...
love, darlak

For the record I didn't quote it ....... 4 weeks behind, I was just curious ...

and your ARE one of the ELITE on Sign101 ......... lol

Please contact your local sign shop for these items.

Thank you,

Mike

Subject: boat decals pics and dimensions

Ok heres the list let me know if you need more info or better pictures.

The outboard came wrapped with HUGE decals which I am removing to repaint. all I want to do is re apply the lettering and the horse with wings not the large paint covering decal. yadda yadda .........

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
What about having a area simillar to the NHB section that you cant get to untill you have had a certain amount of posts......Like 100 or so.....that way by the time they get there we could figuer out if they are real or not.......Also make it so the public or anyone not over the set amount of posts can view the section.......

If this is possible......

no it isn't possible

Sign_Boy

Thanks to design off five I'm now listed on the g o o g l e. And I never even sent my designs in for that matter I never finished it LOL

D

DARLAK

that would work

but instead of:

These Discussions are Visible Only When Logged In, Must Be a Verified Physician

you should put:

These Discussions are Visible Only When Logged In, Must Be a Verified Physco

D

DARLAK

NOW....

if we kept it the same, had an elitest forum with LIVEsigns101 CHAT

we might be talkin here freddy....

you just might peel a franklin outta my pocket....

slappy

I have to respectfully disagree. Due to my own naivety in the beginning, I've used my own business name. Try a Google search for my biz name and many of the FIRST hits that come up are typically related to Signs101. So, you can't tell me that someone performing their due diligence on a company wouldn't easily be able to find out a TON about us. To my horror, I just Googled my biz name again, and on the second page is our name in some Gay and Lesbian site...WTF is that about?!?!?! Yeah, have a hay-day with that one Signs101!

then change your screen name here. Example: Sorry to use you. Take flame's prior name. Google it. Nothing on signs101 pops up. Then google his old name and signs101 together. only a few. He's here everyday posting. Obviously the name change works for search engines.

gay-villager huh? haha JP

Status
Not open for further replies.