• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Skunk!

Mosh

Tonight I went outside and there was this HUGE skunk eating my cat's food. Well freaked out I go in the kitchen and grab my 44 mag and run out to shoot him but off he goes...Don't want no skunk running around my place. Well so I go inside and watch out the window for him. Back he comes, so I open the window to get him and by the time I get the window open to get a shot off he is gone...SO, after another beer I get the idea to just leave the window open so I can just jump up and shoot.
Back he comes, by this time "my aim is a little fuzzy" so I just wing him, but he sprays all over outside, and guess what closing the windows does not help... So now my whole house smells like a skunk and I can't find him anywhere. I have been out with a spotlight for an hour looking, my eye are watering as I type this.

BTW I but this skunk was 18" long, din't know that they got that big.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You shot Pepé Le Pew?

Attachments

• pepe009.jpg
    pepe009.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 79

Salmoneye

22 long in the head. Perfect shot or they will spray, perfect shot and they just drop on the spot. Had to do a bunch of em way back when. Sucks because they are so cute. I usually try and leave them alone unless they seriously take up residence and can't be persuaded otherwise.

Firefox

I feel for you. Had a stupid Beagle once that decided to harass a couple skunks in the back yard. They ended up in the crawl space under the house before the stupid dog got them cornered... they both cut loose... the stench lasted for weeks!

Salmoneye

Wow, did I just say that?
2 Parts gin
1 part orange curacao
1 part grand marnier
squeezed lime
ice
diet tonic
consume
repeat

Mosh

22 long in the head. Perfect shot or they will spray, perfect shot and they just drop on the spot.

I hit his back 1/4 with my 44, I don't think he is going to far..like I say my aim is a little fuzzy this time at night. This was 2 hours ago and it still stinks in here.

Mosh

I keep my 66 and the Z in town, my driveway is 1/4 mile of rock, so not bringing it out here.

I need to invest in a "MoshCam"

Mosh

Oh, i got stories of going out boating on the river that would fit right in with Shelby on Axe Men....I grew up in the river...

shakey0818

Thats terrible ! I got huge skunks here they get along with all the animals and sometimes i can hand feed them and they stopped spreying 2 years ago.Your lucky he cant hold a gun.

AUTO-FX

I went out back to catch a smoke (i smoked back then 15 yr ago) sat down at the table in the dark. There was a rummaging noise in the trash can under the table. I was like "WTF is that moving around under here" and it was a damn skunk. We looked at each other , he went about his business, I nervously finished my cancer stick and gingerly extricated myself from my seat. Never sprayed or ran or nothin'. Never saw him again either. Close one.