• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Slowdown????

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Got it...... Everyone else including you is posting their opinions and are free to do so without any interference,

When did I post an opinion? I haven't participated in your discussion... its all a bunch of unless opinions that no one cares about except the ones giving them

TimToad

Guys, leave the dead horse be. My inbox would thank you.

I would be thrilled to do so, but the usual suspects just can't skip past posts they get triggered by and can't resist an opportunity to get a dig in on.

I'd love nothing more than to be able to just come here, offer some help, ask for some help, share an experience, answer a question, etc. and have these creeps just skim past and limit their responses to the topic at hand or just leave the personal crap out of it. This is a free site and we all have an equal stake in how its perceived by anyone who uses it or just comes across it on the Internet.

Those same usual suspects are also the first ones to tell people to stick to the topic and then try to play thread police for everybody else but themselves. There's a word for that.........

Johnny Best

First of all that was a Tree Frog Tex showed and not a Toad, even though a toad is a frog, They make noises, croaking, to attract mates. He had no intention of disrespecting your old man., but frogs do have thin skin.
Second, you call people names and criticize their intelligence all the time on here if they do not agree with you, like calling people assholes. I use a picture because it speaks a thousand words and I hate to type.
Third, at my age a hard on is a cause for celebration and it would definitely not be wasted on the likes of you.

TimToad

First of all that was a Tree Frog Tex showed and not a Toad, even though a toad is a frog, They make noises, croaking, to attract mates. He had no intention of disrespecting your old man., but frogs do have thin skin.
Second, you call people names and criticize their intelligence all the time on here if they do not agree with you, like calling people assholes. I use a picture because it speaks a thousand words and I hate to type.
Third, at my age a hard on is a cause for celebration and it would definitely not be wasted on the likes of you.

Thanks for reinforcing my point.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
From the toadster : I would be thrilled to do so, but the usual suspects just can't skip past posts they get triggered by and can't resist an opportunity to get a dig in on.

I'd love nothing more than to be able to just come here, offer some help, ask for some help, share an experience, answer a question, etc. and have these creeps just skim past and limit their responses to the topic at hand or just leave the personal crap out of it. This is a free site and we all have an equal stake in how its perceived by anyone who uses it or just comes across it on the Internet.

Those same usual suspects are also the first ones to tell people to stick to the topic and then try to play thread police for everybody else but themselves. There's a word for that.........

Yeah, long walks on the beach, deep conversation and..... ooh, did you say you live at the corner of Delusional and Hypocrite ?? I have a delivery for some stones.

Ya know, after one of these threads involving the toad, regardless of the topic, category or anything..... are you left feeling exhausted ?? Did he try to intimidate you to get his way ?? Put you on a guilt trip ?? Find HE can't take 'NO' ?? He's always the victim ?? Most likely back-handed compliments ?? No respect for boundaries ?? Do you feel the toad creates this drama all the time to be surrounded by it or control others ?? It's always about the toad ??

So, set limits with the toad or don't engage. It's not easy to balance with someone like the toad and his emotional abusive behavior, but focus on the positive and utilize your support system of just about all the other members here at s101. There's always the report button, too, ya know.

:signs101smilie: .......................:u rock:

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

humm, that explains why he was 6' high on that pole...

TimToad

From the toadster : I would be thrilled to do so, but the usual suspects just can't skip past posts they get triggered by and can't resist an opportunity to get a dig in on.

Yeah, long walks on the beach, deep conversation and..... ooh, did you say you live at the corner of Delusional and Hypocrite ?? I have a delivery for some stones.

Ya know, after one of these threads involving the toad, regardless of the topic, category or anything..... are you left feeling exhausted ?? Did he try to intimidate you to get his way ?? Put you on a guilt trip ?? Find HE can't take 'NO' ?? He's always the victim ?? Most likely back-handed compliments ?? No respect for boundaries ?? Do you feel the toad creates this drama all the time to be surrounded by it or control others ?? It's always about the toad ??

So, set limits with the toad or don't engage. It's not easy to balance with someone like the toad and his emotional abusive behavior, but focus on the positive and utilize your support system of just about all the other members here at s101. There's always the report button, too, ya know.

:signs101smilie: .......................:u rock:

Again, thanks for reinforcing my points. As if you know anything about "setting limits" on your own behavior here. As if you are entitled to speak for "just about all the other members here at s101". You don't see other members taking polls over whether or not I should be banned forever like you've had done to you. A vote that I cast a no on FWIW.

Hilarious, how the biggest bully here is now the victim.

No, folks can't use the report button. It doesn't work on this thread category and the management has already shown that whatever you and your little cadre say or do is just fine with them regardless of who it affects or how it makes the rest of us look to the public who can come here and peruse most of the threads.

Go back, read the first post in the thread where I offered the experience our shop is having regarding the economy and the couple of non partisan observations about some FACTS related to the economy and several troubling aspects of it that should be of concern to anyone regardless of ideological position. Only the most biased and partisan people would take those factors like the large additions to the national debt, blowing up the deficit, the trade wars, tariffs, etc.. as being a "political" statement or a partisan provocation. Or how a third of retail outlets in malls and on Main Street are expected to close in the coming years. Been in a mall lately? It's like the Dead Zone.

I'm sure anyone in our industry who does retailer work would be concerned about the prospect of 1/3rd of all retailers disappearing in the next few years. Amazon doesn't have brick and mortar outlets for us to make signs for and they paid ZERO federal income taxes last year on $11 BILLION in profits. Is that the America you want to defend until your last breath?

Those things are very real, as is inflation and how its eating into people's buying power and ability to buy what they need or afford their rent, healthcare, a new car, appliances, etc...

You don't think the president isn't sweating over trying to get the FED to lower interest rates to help stimulate buying habits again?

He knows this house of cards has issues and the stock market alone and unemployment numbers won't save him in 2020 if the vast majority of working class Americans aren't feeling that he has lived up to his promises.

Others including yourself ramped up making it overtly political and personal, so follow your own advice to set limits or DON'T ENGAGE! with those you can't respectfully engage with. Many other members have shown the ability to discuss even serious topics without the rancor and attacks, so take a cue and grow a pair about doing the same.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:roflmao: Oh, you have me mistaken for someone who cares about what you write.​

Ya see, I was beginning to feel bad, as you didn't acknowledge anything I said, therefore I figured I was on your ignore list, again, so you could live a somewhat normal life..... ha. Yep, I just did this to see if you were sleeping or not.

By the way...... did you know, while making a lotta money with your phony people out in Hollywood and your strawberry fields, that you actually have the worst state of all 50 to live in ?? And it's nothing to do with smog..... just your terrible inner politics and lousy spending of the taxpayers money and doing what you want instead of what is needed. Yep, you're a real contributor, sparky..... just ask ya, huh ??

Reveal1

I like to imagine that there is a politics101 board out there somewhere. A place where guys and gals can get together and rant endlessly about their opponents bad ideas and how theirs are better.
A place where every once in a while, someone points out how a sign is politically incorrect, and it just spirals into a tirade about how the sign looks like crap and is only 6 months old and everybody suddenly has their own opinion about signage, even though they don't have any clue.
And in that alternate universe, the professional politicians would universally agree that all of us professional sign guys are full of *@#% lowlifes that can only be in it for our own selfish interests.

Johnny Best

Thanks for reinforcing my point.

A little Elmers Glue and your all set with reinforcing your point.
pinocctoad.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, until you take it off and see what ya missed.

For me, I don't understand the significance of the 'ignore' button ?? You're still gonna see people responding to certain things and still miss what's going on. Not to mention, sometimes the ignored people have really good things to say and you'll miss it. But, here's the clincher.... how many people use the ignore feature and then answer something that's already been answered ??

It's a silly and sad thing all in one, that people, of our age, regardless of what side of the fence you're on, need to do that, because they are so.... so.... so what ?? Fragile, thin-skinned, naive, above others, sensitive, like a baby....... what ??​