• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Slowdown????

billsines

Thoughts on the economy? In my corner of the world things are slow. What about you? Anyone out there noticing a slowdown?

unclebun

We had a very slow winter, ever since mid-November. But things have slowly been gaining steam since April and now we are slammed. It's like everyone held off what they were going to do and now they are all trying to get it done now.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
It's seems like it's always a rollercoaster but I've been steady since I'd say early March. Ended up getting a couple large jobs from a business group that kept us busy early this year and put a pretty penny in our pocket.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I already have had the most sales in one month ever...and its only the 19th. Year started off sluggish but it picked up and I'm hoppin. Lost a big client to bankruptcy that was 1/5th my business but we've made up for it and then some. Im in "surge pricing" mode

petepaz

we finished last year strong and it continued through this year. we are busy with a larger back log than last year at this time.
installs have slowed a little but with all the rain it seems busy because of the back up. overall the company is up from this time last year

TimToad

The last couple years and first five months of this year have been above average. This month is a little soft, but with school letting out, vacations starting, two holidays sandwiched on each end of the month, it usually is slightly slower.

The one thing we have noticed in the last 6-9 months more than at any other time in the last five years is the additional efforts we've had to expend to collect on outstanding invoices, which is typically a sign of the economy softening a bit.

It is obvious that you can't add over a TRILLION or more to the debt every year, set records for deficit spending, start trade wars with nearly every trading partner we rely on, throw another $70 Billion annually at the military/industrial complex, etc.. while offering average working class folks little other than token wage gains and not have it affect the underlying health of the economy. True inflation is way higher than the pundits are reporting as well as ignoring the fact that most of the job growth has been in part-time, low wage jobs not offering benefits to help offset rising healthcare, education and housing costs.

Christian @ 2CT Media

The last couple years and first five months of this year have been above average. This month is a little soft, but with school letting out, vacations starting, two holidays sandwiched on each end of the month, it usually is slightly slower.

The one thing we have noticed in the last 6-9 months more than at any other time in the last five years is the additional efforts we've had to expend to collect on outstanding invoices, which is typically a sign of the economy softening a bit.

It is obvious that you can't add over a TRILLION or more to the debt every year, set records for deficit spending, start trade wars with nearly every trading partner we rely on, throw another $70 Billion annually at the military/industrial complex, etc.. while offering average working class folks little other than token wage gains and not have it affect the underlying health of the economy. True inflation is way higher than the pundits are reporting as well as ignoring the fact that most of the job growth has been in part-time, low wage jobs not offering benefits to help offset rising healthcare, education and housing costs.
Way to make this Political!

billsines

YTD last year vs this year we are running a good increase, and we have jobs booked into next year. The one thing I have noticed is that as we get more efficient it seems slower but it really isn't.

This is EXACTLY us. Our first quarter was the best to date. Backlog is really small, but we are ahead from last year. Seems like our processes are so efficient it only takes us 3-4 days to make what used to take us the entire week. Kudos on your efficiency!

billsines

Thanks for that info...makes sense...the housing market here in my area has been on fire...lots of people saying they sold their house within 48 hours...that of course drives prices up, but my area is huge into the RV manufacturing. Word on the street is that is slowing down significantly. Honestly the last thing anyone really needs is a camper, so that stuff is usually slowing down before other stuff.

Gene@mpls

I have never seen so many new vehicles [a large part of our business]. And this economy has nothing to do with the current admin. - they inherited it and have not [thankfully] screwed it up... yet.

Johnny Best

Think I just read a Joe Biden speech! He left out the part about the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.
I am busy, but do not want to be.

TimToad

Way to make this Political!

I shared how our shop is doing and a reasonable explanation for why this month is a little soft, but somehow triggered the kool aid drinkers by stating that not everything in MAGA world is the way its being presented.

How is stating FACTS about the economy making it political? Because you ox is being gored by the facts? Because your bias won't allow you to accept facts that contradict the convenient fantasy you'd rather embrace?

Go right ahead and refute any of the facts that I shared.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I shared how our shop is doing and a reasonable explanation for why this month is a little soft, but somehow triggered the kool aid drinkers by stating that not everything in MAGA world is the way its being presented.

How is stating FACTS about the economy making it political? Because you ox is being gored by the facts? Because your bias won't allow you to accept facts that contradict the convenient fantasy you'd rather embrace?

Go right ahead and refute any of the facts that I shared.

If you want to make it political then what about the $795 Billion in Social Services Spending this country has, how is that any different than Military, Trade Tarriffs, etc. on the economy. That is literally taking money from the working and giving it to the non-working.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You do realize your Obama years had by far the greatest amounts added to the debt, than any other president..... EVER ?? Even those when we were at war for years defending the globe like WW I and WW II and the 2 wars in George W's office years. Oh, and let's not forget about the infamous "Stimulus Package". Yeah, your hero was a real money saver. Cripes, he gave the Queen an ipod and the Prime Minister a set of CDs for a present. What a :cool1: dude, he is.