• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Small Vinyl Letters

Dooka

So I'm having to weed some 1/2" tall letters.
100 lines of it for some acrylic plaques.
I am weeding with some intermediate vinyl.
It is not going very well.
Any suggestions, should I try some 3M high performance?

I thought about applying to acrylic before weeding, but a little worried about handling the acrylic like that, dangerous to scratch.

Thanks for everyones help!:help

petepaz

apply the application tape then weed it off of the app-tape this way the letter doesn't move or come off.

Malkin

3M's high performance ElectroCut vinyl works well for small stuff. It has the synthetic mylar backing.

Mosh

+3M with the clear plastic liner. 1/2" isn't that small, on the 3M it will weed like a dream.

gabagoo

3M's high performance ElectroCut vinyl works well for small stuff. It has the synthetic mylar backing.

This!!! I am doing letters upper and lower case now 1/4" weeds perfectly. Only problem up here is that suppliers dont supply and it is a special order.

MakeMyGraphic

wow, does the font you chose have a ton of serifs??? I always avoid serifs like the plague when it comes to long drawn out die cut messages or just charge EXTRA for them if they are smaller than a certain size, but 1/2" shouldn't be a problem unless you have a ton of serifs as I was wondering....

Patentagosse

3M 7725 (ElectroCut serie) is a very good vinyl for small caracters.

I do the "freezer" step which is also a great way to shrink the vinyl enought to get a nice white line around the letter. That works good with calendred.

Plotter settings / blade sharpness are also mandatory.

OldPaint

calendered vinyl.........cut and let it set for 24 hours.......it will shrink enough to see a the white backing paper as a line))) or app tape it then weed from app tape.