• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So....has anybody ever...

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I once duplicated a Texas state inspection sticker with my Edge machine. for a vehicle that needed too many repairs. Drove it with it on there for better part of a year before a cop spooked me along the road making me think I was getting pulled over. Decided not to press my luck any further.

signage

I got away with it twice on my Hayabusa. I was out of sight before he even turned around. That was back in my young stupid days three years ago....

You didn't out run them! You had them wondering if something just went by or did they hallucinate :Big Laugh

copythat

Lol

Still laughing Genius! WHo is to say that we are wrong. Place a vinyl over sign take digital pic & DONE!

ucmj22

i wouldnt even give them a chance to catch me jacking with a sign, I'd just take a picture and photoshop the change. :p

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
When I was a young kid I use to make Season Passes to the local Ski Resort for some of my buddy's who didn't get one for Christmas. Worked great for years and never got caught... Pre-magnetic strips of course.

Nowadays they have an entourage of employees scanning them at the lifts like TSA agents when you go to the slopes. I guess people are still trying...

iSign

Drove it with it on there for better part of a year before a cop spooked me along the road making me think I was getting pulled over. Decided not to press my luck any further.

aw man... I remember a cop spooking me now that you mention it...

I was 16, racing through a yellow light to pick up my friend, on the way to see the Grateful Dead in Chicago & I had all the LSD for both of us, plus a little extra, in my shirt pocket...

well, I guess the light turned, & just about that time, I noticed the lead car was a cop... so, when I looked in the mirror & he was whipping a U-turn, & I was rolling down the window, had three hits of clear blotter acid in my hand & the big debate running through my mind... out the window? in the mouth?...

as the cop got closer, the urgency of the situation grew... out the window? in the mouth?...

finally, I decided 3 hits was better then none, so I ate the acid, braced myself for a traffic ticket, & watched the cop speed pasts me seconds later, in pursuit of a donut for all I know...

oh yeah... should mention the Dead played an extra psychedelic show that night!!

Doyle

iSign said:
aw man... I remember a cop spooking me now that you mention it...

I was 16, racing through a yellow light to pick up my friend, on the way to see the Grateful Dead in Chicago & I had all the LSD for both of us, plus a little extra, in my shirt pocket...

well, I guess the light turned, & just about that time, I noticed the lead car was a cop... so, when I looked in the mirror & he was whipping a U-turn, & I was rolling down the window, had three hits of clear blotter acid in my hand & the big debate running through my mind... out the window? in the mouth?...

as the cop got closer, the urgency of the situation grew... out the window? in the mouth?...

finally, I decided 3 hits was better then none, so I ate the acid, braced myself for a traffic ticket, & watched the cop speed pasts me seconds later, in pursuit of a donut for all I know...

oh yeah... should mention the Dead played an extra psychedelic show that night!!

Now THAT is some funny stuff right there! Extra psychedelic indeed.

Sign Works

You telling me there are speed limits?

Attachments

• post-6-76990-gps181mph_1__2_.jpg
    post-6-76990-gps181mph_1__2_.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 79

andy

I haven't seen a vehicle yet that can outrun a radio :Big Laugh

Wait until you get ANPR... you're screwed.

Cameras take a nice picture of the driver and snatch an image of the licence plate.... your licence number is instantly checked against a cr@p load of databases....

If you have no driving licence it shows up.
If you don't have any road tax it shows up,
If you haven't got insurance it shows up,
If you don't have a valid MOT certificate it shows up.
If there is a marker on the national police database for the registered keeper of the vehicle it shows up

ANPR cameras are embedded in motorway infrastructure, built into city camera networks and roam in mobile camera vans.

Thinks like no insurance, mot or road tax mean you're going to be walking home.... Mr Plod has the power to pull you over and confiscate your vehicle there and then... nice.

ANPR has been around for years.... you'll get it soon.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
No...but I made my own license plate stickers out of reflective that looked legit...but got caught some time later when the stickers didn't match my expired info in his computer. The ticket costed a little more than the registration renewals would have been...so I still lost out. What an idiot I was. That's what I get I guess.

SignManiac

Then you don't want to hear what I did in a church once before. I own hell :)

Dan you're welcome to stop by any time!!

what can i say. i dont regret mind expansion.

we also did $100 bills on pressure sensitive..people would stop me constantly "sir sir...you have a$100 bill on your bumper" one time i replied " i know i have so many of them i dont knwo what to do with them anymore" about an hour later my wild and reckless driving in my younger days in my turbo supra put an end to any extra $100 bills i would have a for a very long time..i have always wondered if i wouldnt have made that smart remark if i would have been saved from that 'lesson'...oh well i've learned if the lessons are not expensive i usually have to repeat them.

iSign

one of my more expensive lessons had to do with $30, 000.00 worth of kine bud, dried, cut & trimmed.. which had been kept dry & safe, triple wrapped & buried in the jungle through the 6 weeks of harvest and trimming season..

then, 2 days before my flight to the mainland, visions of a new 4x4 dancing in my head... I was packaging everything up for the trip & I ran out of shrinkwrap freezer bags & decided I could risk a quick trip to the market, without burying everything in the jungle again...

ended up sidetracked... for a beer or two I presume... got home a few hours later & was literally knocked to the ground in the trauma of discovering the worst theft experience in my illustrious and illicit career.. um.. I mean my nephew's career... he was knocked to the ground... his flight, his lesson... etc... yeah, that's it... my nephew had this expensive lesson...

...but he told me that he realized he was probably destined to be arrested & possibly do time, or be ripped off at gunpoint & pistol whipped or worse...

so those most expensive of lessons, may have been merciful acts of divine intervention.. at least that's how I put on a smile, I mean my nephew... & get up the next day & the day after that & start rebuilding...

washingtonsignguy

I got a ticket the other day, 40 in a 35, It was a 35 zone, that went back up to 45, so a couple hundreed feet before the 45 sign i slowly sped up to the new speed limit, when the cop clocked me. I explained to him I was just adjusting to the new speed and he wrote me a ticket anyways and said explain it to the courts. Now i have to waste good tax moneyy and everyones time to fight this in court. What ever happened to common sense?