• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion So, how many are gonna...............................

StarSign

What are they doing the other six days of the week. If these game weren't televised, or we didn't report on it. would they still do it? It's sad that we have come to this, instead of talking about who is leading the league in TD's or sacks they now focus on who will "take a knee". I get it, there are bad seeds everywhere, I don't know how we can fix it 100%. It is also getting very hard to really get the true story. In this day and age of being first not correct, we are getting so many different takes, audio and video can be altered so easily to show only what "they" want us to see and hear.

mackenzieGRAPHICS

What are they doing the other six days of the week. If these game weren't televised, or we didn't report on it. would they still do it?

The other 6 days of the week, most players are out doing service in their communities and training. Kaepernick, for example, has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to various projects including the Coalition for the Homeless, War on Children, Home 2 Heart, American Friends Service Committee, Meals on Wheels, and then some. He's supporting his claims and reason for protest by literally putting his money where his mouth is, as are quite a few of the other players taking a knee.

If the games weren't televised, then no, his protest likely would've been elsewhere. Because the games ARE televised and professional football players are looked up to as role models is why he chose that outlet to express his concern and why everyone else continues to do the same.

"If mindfulness makes you uncomfortable, it's working."

equippaint

Many of us have family that serve or have served in the military, just like these players that are taking a knee. That doesnt mean that you get to own being patriotic or you are given some special privilege to be ultra angry or that you somehow have a sixth sense reserved only for military. They did not make this about the flag or the country, never insinuated it, made mention of it, nothing.
This was perpetuated by our president and latched onto by people looking for something to be angry about. You are making yourselves angry and hateful over something that is non existent. Just stop already, it is childish. They are not walking out on it, they are not making phone calls during it, they are not ignoring it. They are using a different gesture, but considered honorable up until this fiasco, to honor the anthem and at the same time bring attention to an issue that they feel is not being heard. If you dont like it then start pushing our lazy politicians to actually do their jobs and address it rather than fly around the country "meeting their constituents". If you feel that black crime is disproportionate than that needs to be addressed as well. Just quit whining already, we elect and pay people good money to work on these things, go get angry with them instead. You have people on the state level and in DC totally fleecing taxpayers right now from BS contracts to taking personal trips on our dime just monumental spending on themselves but there is no outrage. Its all wasted on this crap that has 0 implications on anything.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
mackenziegraphics and equippaint...... May I ask you, since you're both going back & forth tagging each other's posts......

Do you sing while listening to the National Anthem ??
Do you put your hand or hat over your heart ??
How many flags have you burned in your lifetime ??
Do you not feel any patriotism when you see the flag, or jets flying overhead or soldiers standing at attention.... or hearing our National Anthem ??
Have you ever sat down or kneeled down when hearing taps ??

This is or was not about racial indifferences, Trump or anything else. Those are all things others brought to the table because their cause(s) were weak. Simply about taking one minute to recognize our country's National Anthem and looking at the flag. If this flag means nothing to you or it means disgrace for which it stands, then I understand your points. I don't agree with them, but I will understand them.

equippaint

"If this flag means nothing to you or it means disgrace for which it stands, then I understand your points. I don't agree with them, but I will understand them."
You do know that you are not near as clever and witty as you think right?

mackenzieGRAPHICS

While I find it humorous that you're only calling out those that disagree with you, I'll play along with your game. Though, it totally negates the ability to have a "civil discussion about this" when you are "being just like the other idiots who can't discuss a feeling without bringing politics into it" since this silent protest has nothing to do with the flag, nothing to do with the anthem, and nothing to do with our military...

1. No, I do not sing during the anthem. I let the one holding the microphone have their glory.
2. I do place my hand over my heart while at games or events, but not while watching it on TV.
3. Zero
4. The flag is merely a symbol for our country, it has no meaning more than that to me. It's our laws and how our country is ran that signifies our freedoms and hardships. I live right next to a military base and am swarmed with jets flying overhead constantly, "patriotic" isn't how I'd described that feeling. I appreciate and respect our current soldiers as well as those that have served in the past, and like everyone else has mentioned, I also have countless family members that have devoted their time to fight for our country's freedoms. Especially those that allow us to protest injustices and things that we disagree with.

I would highly recommend looking into the actual reasoning, from Kaepernick's mouth - not that blonde wench's regurgitated garbage, for why he chose to begin this silent protest. It seems the entire point of it is lost with you, Gino.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
..."If mindfulness makes you uncomfortable, it's working."

Mindfulness of what exactly?

Seems to me that those that are participating in a protest of a system that allows them to protest. Pointless but mildly amusing nonetheless.

Jburns

I would venture to say that a large majority of people that follow and actively watch the NFL are:

1. patriotic
2. believe in standing for the national anthem.

When this group above watches the players kneel, well --- its unpleasant, and seen as against the country. My opinion is that the players don't realize they have offended a large portion of their audience. Thus ---less to watch-- less to buy tickets--. Its very simple to understand. This will (already started) hurt the NFL. Can anyone tell me how these actions will increase viewership, increase ticket sales?
Players have their own reasons for protest, but its TIMIMG is viewed as a protest against the country.

ikarasu

What would be interesting is to know everyones age on who cares / doesn't care. I have a feeling it's mostly a generational thing too. I'm not saying younger people arent getting pissed off either... but so far I've seen mostly the older generation which have had some sort of experience with the war / wars are the ones who are mostly vocal about it.

My wife is American... she loves the flag. Everytime we goto America she buys another one. She wont let our kids play with the flags you wave around because he always puts it down on the floor. She'll never let it get dirty, etc... She's very patriotic. But she doesn't care one bit about this.

So.. another perspective is not everyone has been through what you guys have. What you may feel is unpatriotic, others may not see the same way... Different life experiences make people feel differently.

I dont know about you guys...but I haven't had to go through life being Black. Most of the black people living in America probably has some close ancestors who were slaves, or treated unfairly just because of their skin color. When your grandma or great grandma was a slave, and you feel like your race is still being treated unfairly and persecuted, would you not protest against your country men also? Point is... we dont know how these people are feeling. If I / you were in their shoes, you may feel the same way.

equippaint

I would venture to say that a large majority of people that follow and actively watch the NFL are:

1. patriotic
2. believe in standing for the national anthem.

When this group above watches the players kneel, well --- its unpleasant, and seen as against the country. My opinion is that the players don't realize they have offended a large portion of their audience. Thus ---less to watch-- less to buy tickets--. Its very simple to understand. This will (already started) hurt the NFL. Can anyone tell me how these actions will increase viewership, increase ticket sales?
Players have their own reasons for protest, but its TIMIMG is viewed as a protest against the country.

I agree with this but the timing was not an issue. This has been going on for some time now, it only became an issue when our President went on a rant. That's why this is all theatrics and false outrage. To whoever it pissed off, where were you 6-8 months ago? If you just got the "get angry" memo on this when Trump said something than you are nothing but sheep.

And BTW, the NFL ratings have been going down for awhile. Its over commercialized, ticket prices are out of reach for their fan base and people are just sick of them rewarding criminals with lucrative contracts rather than pink slips.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Does anyone stop and think about why the hell everyone is worried about everything? Is there really nothing better to worry about then who's standing and kneeling and what Trump said or tweeted, or if a hurricane is affecting some place that doesn't affect 95% of the country. Everyone everywhere has too much time to waste on &&#(@ that has ZERO affect on their own lives, and they have ZERO affect on it . Hell, I feel stupid wasting time typing this out.

Dildoswaggins has NOTHING better to do then stir the pot with his click-bait thread titles, asking hot topic questions that everyone else has to give their crap opinion so Swaggins can waste more time typing paragraphs of responses. I have not read 80% of this thread because I see the long resonses and think, gezzz this is a waste!

Below is Gino at his computer monitoring this thread. He loves this.
south-park-s16e01c12-security-breach-16x9.jpg

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Does anyone stop and think about why the hell everyone is worried about everything? Is there really nothing better to worry about then who's standing and kneeling and what Trump said or tweeted, or if a hurricane is affecting some place that doesn't affect 95% of the country. Everyone everywhere has too much time to waste on &&#(@ that has ZERO affect on their own lives, and they have ZERO affect on it . Hell, I feel stupid wasting time typing this out.

Dildoswaggins has NOTHING better to do then stir the pot with his click-bait thread titles, asking hot topic questions that everyone else has to give their crap opinion so Swaggins can waste more time typing paragraphs of responses. I have not read 80% of this thread because I see the long resonses and think, gezzz this is a waste!

Quantum Zeno Effect, in which a quantum state would decay if left alone, but does not decay because of its continuous observation.

wayne k
guam usa

mackenzieGRAPHICS

What I don't understand is why everyone is all up in arms about this, screaming it's "unpatriotic" to kneel for the anthem when there are no rules in the NFL rule book saying a player even needs to be on the field for it, but don't have any issues with what I had previously mentioned that deliberately go against the US Flag Code or even about the NFL employing animal abusers, domestic abusers, and even murderers...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hahaaa..... Hey Tex, I can definitely see what you do with your spare time and no talent. You gather up pictures and try to be hurtful and mean. Showing your true colors, huh ?? And now you're telling me how I hafta label my titles and what to write or not write. Yep, you're altogether there,Tex.

As for mackenzie, the rules are not for the NFL, but ingrained into each and every kid from school on up how to act when the National Anthem is being sung. You mean these people kneeling are not following NFL rules ?? Guess that's why the need so many refs on the field, cause they're always cheating about something.

As for the rules against using the flag for advertisement and wearable items..... It is the law, just not well enforced. They actually think people (citizens), will abide using the 'Honor System'. Yeah, right, fat chance of that.

Again, these athletes are supposed to be for our young to look up to and find heros, if at all possible, but with these lamebrains spitting in refs faces, kicking umpires and taking all the drugs they take, I guess kneeling is just par for the course with them.

As for equip, well, he's just having trouble following along and keeping up.......:confused:

Last edited:

mackenzieGRAPHICS

Your argument makes zero sense. They are not going against any rules when there are no rules foreboding them from kneeling, or even showing up for that matter. You also aren't required to stand at attention for the national anthem or place your hand over your heart, doing so just shows "good etiquette." It's the Pledge of Allegiance, however, that states those requirements - and that's not what players are kneeling during.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Oops...............

The flag code covers all aspects of etiquette in relation to the Stars and Stripes, including how to behave when the anthem is played. The code is never enforced, however, and there is no punishment for breaching it.

So what should you do when the national anthem is played?
The code states that persons present are expected to stand and face the flag, if there is one. Civilians should stand to attention with right hand over heart, while military personnel in uniform and veterans should salute throughout. A recent amendment to the code said that military personnel out of uniform could also salute.

Men not in uniform should remove any headdress with their right hand and hold it at their left shoulder, the code states. This is generally observed at sporting events. NFL players may not put on their helmets until after the anthem is played.

Numerous manufacturers of flag merchandise could be in trouble here. The Flag Code states that it should not be used for any advertising purpose, and should not be embroidered or printed on any material for temporary use.

It should also never be part of a costume or sports uniform, or used as "wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery". Olympic medal winners who celebrate their success by covering themselves in the flag should take note.

Also, the flag should never be displayed upside down, except as a symbol of "dire distress".

How long has the Flag Code been around?
Experts say that US flag etiquette is important because was created out of respect for the country's historical heritage.

But the code was first drawn up only in 1923 under the auspices of the American Legion, and only became law when the US was at war, in 1942.

edit : as mentioned, there is no punishment for doing or not doing these things. As I mentioned, it's just plain disrespectful and for that.... I've lost a great deal of respect for these athletes participating in this foolishness.​

mackenzieGRAPHICS

The code is never enforced, however, and there is no punishment for breaching it.

so why are we here? why this discussion? just because it's offensive to you, doesn't mean it's offensive to everyone. there's more important things to worry about than "proper etiquette" to a flag that represents a country going down the dumps, like why this made you lose respect in professional football players but not when they've murdered someone in a DUI and still keep their positions.

have a great day.