• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion So, how many are gonna...............................

jtiii

Beautiful day, great to be alive!
public property, where NOBODY has the right to abridge a person's freedom of speech unless it creates a safety risk or is inciting violence.

I think you're off the mark here - if you work for me, and you're on the clock installing a sign in a public space, I can fire you for telling passers by that I'm an aѕѕhole, or for insisting on wearing a shirt that says "Don't fuсk with Mr. Zero", etc.

Johnny Best

I went to Burger King to get the 2 whoppers for $6 deal. I think they were kneeling back in the kitchen because it took forever to get them. I also did not hear any anthem being played. I want to get one of those Don't F*** with Mr. Zero shirts.
And talking about hitting it out of the park, go Cubs and Yankees later on, glad LA made it in also last night.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think you're off the mark here - if you work for me, and you're on the clock installing a sign in a public space, I can fire you for telling passers by that I'm an aѕѕhole, or for insisting on wearing a shirt that says "Don't fuсk with Mr. Zero", etc.

You most certainly can. It's called Insubordination. Usually it won't happen on the first count, but let it happen a second time....... boing, you're outta here.

And you shouldn't be eating at Burger Kings..... ya know what that crud will do to ya ?? Besides, when they're kneeling in the back, they're sprinkling that special sauce on your burgers....... hold the pickle.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

ikarasu

Wow, this is till going on? ;) I haven't seen one person budge from either side. It's interesting to hear everyones opinions... But what it seems to boil down to is whether or not it offends you.

I personally don't think you should be made to stand for the anthem just because you're at work. If you're at school or elsewhere, you're free to leave...So why would you need to at work?

I'm ok with them saying if you dont want to be out here for the Anthem, then don't be, but you can't put on a spectacle by kneeling / whatever, though.

If my boss ever told me I must stand here for the Canadian anthem and stare at the flag every single morning just because he pays me... he wouldn't NEED to fire me, I'd likely quit. Not because I have a problem with it... But he pays me to do my job, and that's not in my job description. And If he started dictating when/how I should stand and feel about my Country.... Well, he's crossing the line, and I wouldn't want to work for him.

I'm ok with being a worker, but not a slave. Want me to wear a uniform advertising the company? Sure. Want me to greet customers a certain way, or put on an image thats not normally mine? alright. But try to force me to do something that has absolutely zero to do with my job or my work ethic, just because you think I should feel / act a certain way? I kind of draw the line there.

That said when the Canadian Anthem is played... I do stand, I do do what everyone else is doing. I don't view that as me being patriotic though, I just see it as something we do. It means nothing to me..Don't get me wrong, I'm proud to be Canadian... I just don't see what standing up during a song has to do with that.

Make fun of my Poutine, or ketchup chips though? Then you'll have the wrath of Canada on your back.

upload_2017-10-10_15-9-17.jpeg

IMO, everyone needs to lighten up. Enjoy your Country...Whether you're American, Canadian, Mexican... Why let what someone else is doing get you worked up? You can't stop KKK rallies, you can't stop Nestle from buying a million liters of your precious water for 5 cents, You can't stop Trump from building a wall and trying to make your country pay for it.

To me... Patriotism is believing in your Country, moving past hurdles, and standing by your fellow countrymans rights no matter what. I don't support the KKK, but I support their right to rally however they see fit, providing their peaceful.

Just remember... All the people you're standing there hand over heart remembering and paying omage to, they are the same people who fought so these guys could kneel, or sit, or pick their nose during the anthem if thats what they choose.

I think thats my main point, so I'll leave it at that and not reply again.. everyone is just going back and fourth saying the same things. I don't agree with what they're doing, but I guess I'm not offended because I think it's their right, and who am I to decide if what they're protesting, or how they're protesting is right or wrong? There are many other groups out there I'd rather see gone before a stupid football game bothers me.

TimToad

I went to Burger King to get the 2 whoppers for $6 deal. I think they were kneeling back in the kitchen because it took forever to get them. I also did not hear any anthem being played. I want to get one of those Don't F*** with Mr. Zero shirts.
And talking about hitting it out of the park, go Cubs and Yankees later on, glad LA made it in also last night.
Cubs are rained out.