• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion So, how many are gonna...............................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Whadafug.....??

Are you just pulling every word out of the air you can think of and putting it into this thread ?? Your thoughts are splitting at the seams. There is no continuity in many of your statements and the flow is quite unbelievable. You're just spouting off a whole buncha crap and hoping something might stick and make sense. So far, not so good.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
There is a reason that the term "snowflake" has come into vogue in America. White people who both enjoy being the dominant population in charge of nearly every aspect of life here, have enjoyed a set of built in privileges and advantages that few will willingly admit to receiving, and have little connection to the struggles of an average minority SPEND AN INORDINATE AMOUNT OF TIME WHINING, COMPLAINING AND BEING OFFENDED by the temerity and gall of minorities actually expecting to be treated like equals.

Amen! It's sad but I think if I was black I don't think my sign business would be as far as it would be. I think a black person would have a harder time earning the trust from potential clients, taking $$ upfront and growing vs white. Most customers are older white people and I think there would be more judgment from them.

mackenzieGRAPHICS

Hey Toad, some of us do read enough, you folks are not going to change anyone's mind talking about it.
Police kill more whites than blacks, but minority deaths generate more outrage: analysis

Reading and reading comprehension are two totally different things...

In any case, comparing how many or how often white people are killed by police to how many or how often black people are killed by the police is statistically dubious unless you are considering the population. Based on the most recent census, there are 160 million MORE white people in the U.S. than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. That means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers. U.S. police officers have shot and killed the exact same number of unarmed white people as they have unarmed black people: 50 each. But because the white population is approximately five times larger than the black population, that means unarmed black Americans were five times as likely as unarmed white Americans to be shot and killed by a police officer.

WildWestDesigns

It's true. I think being back is a much bigger struggle then what most whites think about, it's true for this industry too.

And yet a black man can be POTUS, but a white women can't. Go figure.

If we are taking the racist angle, I think one person hit on it when they said "older whites", they tend to have been brought up in a different time. Not saying that it's good or bad, but depending on where they were from, it was a different time. Once you start seeing that generation go away, start seeing a change. And that also happens on the other side of the aisle as well. Those of a different generation, with different struggles shaped what they are.

But again, regional areas may also impact.

I've seen racism on both sides of the aisle. No side is completely innocent. My niece (who is half Asian) had some of her own issues in school, however, if she was brought up in a different time, it would have been far worse I'm sure.

Johnny Best

There is no use reading or communicating with the Toad, not only does he tell you he reads more than everyone, now he is the one who tells you you are making a mistake when Bubba said that was a racist statement and the Toad gives a Philadelphia lawyer's comment on why he was wrong.
If Bubba feels it is a racist statement then I am good with it. Stick up for your fellow man once in awhile and don't give us the brainwashed version you love to spew out. Rachel Maddnow your not.

TimToad

And yet a black man can be POTUS, but a white women can't. Go figure.

If we are taking the racist angle, I think one person hit on it when they said "older whites", they tend to have been brought up in a different time. Not saying that it's good or bad, but depending on where they were from, it was a different time. Once you start seeing that generation go away, start seeing a change. And that also happens on the other side of the aisle as well. Those of a different generation, with different struggles shaped what they are.

But again, regional areas may also impact.

I've seen racism on both sides of the aisle. No side is completely innocent. My niece (who is half Asian) had some of her own issues in school, however, if she was brought up in a different time, it would have been far worse I'm sure.

Who says a white woman can't be president? The female candidate in the last election received 3 MILLION more votes than her opponent and if not for a foreign adversary engaging in a conspiracy with the junta that was placed in office, deeply targeted voter suppression, gerrymandered districts and other acts of chicanery, she'd be in charge right now instead of the travesty we must temporarily endure until the truth comes out.

I've looked around the video and photos that have come out of Charlottesville over the last few months and don't see a whole lot of "older white" faces in those images of deeply hateful white supremacists.

The mere fact that we're having a conversation about race, white privilege and racial animus towards minorities in America in 2017 proves just how far we still have to go before any of us should hold our heads high in pride about the fulfillment of our most basic fundamentals of liberty, equality and opportunity.

equippaint

Both sides in this debate are over simplifying everything which has seem to become the norm and will never end up with any solution or even agreement on anything. Its a diversion game the politicians and people that stand to make money off of issues keep playing and we as a society jump on board with it. The abuse of power by certain police is a major problem and concern, if it does not bother you no matter what political viewpoints you take then something is not right. It is not problem solely owned by black people though. Racial profiling is also an issue but it too is only a small part of the problem. I think its more of the over zealous nature of our police force and general way we go about "fighting crime". The bigger issues here are income levels and poverty. Poorer people commit more crimes. Higher crime areas get more police, its a vicious cycle. The police and prison systems in this country have become a huge bloated bureaucracy and another profit area for selling military tech, gear, consulting etc which feeds this problem too.

Lets look at neighborhoods. Many/most poor black communities are urban, densely populated, the police are more concentrated and the cities have big budgets for policing and imprisonment so its easy. A patrol officer in the inner city may have 1 city block to patrol so for him hes fishing in a real tiny pond. Many poor white areas are rural, spread out population. smaller tax base for the town, low police budgets. A patrol officer here may have 20 square miles to cover. He has little time to "patrol" since he stays busy with calls and a lot of area to cover. Hes fishing in a big old lake with the same amount of fish as the other guy has in his tiny pond. People can hide their crimes easier in rural areas too. There tends to be more violence in areas with higher concentrations of people too, if youre neighbor is 500' away, chances of getting into a squabble are much less than when he shares a wall with you. Crimes of opportunity are also more plentiful in densely populated areas. So this also all comes into play. Its not just as simple as being about race alone.

WildWestDesigns

Who says a white woman can't be president?

You missed the point. Despite the white racist majority, we had a black president, not just one term, but two terms. I just found it funny that good ole white boy club stops at having a white female. My meaning wasn't that a woman couldn't have been president (strawman).

The female candidate in the last election received 3 MILLION more votes than her opponent and if not for a foreign adversary engaging in a conspiracy with the junta that was placed in office, deeply targeted voter suppression, gerrymandered districts and other acts of chicanery, she'd be in charge right now instead of the travesty we must temporarily endure until the truth comes out.

It really doesn't matter about the popular vote. It has to do with the electoral college (the fact that some states have to pass laws that says that the have to vote the way of the popular vote for their state is problematic in my mind), not what you or I vote. For good reason, at least it used to be for a good reason, not with the candidates we have lately. This isn't the first time that this has happened.

I personally didn't vote. No candidate was worth my vote.

And the female contender had her own issues that she brought on about. Of course, no politician is ever truly clean.

As to foreign meddling. Everyone sends out propaganda, we do it (shoot we've even overthrown and setup our own in other countries), this shouldn't come as a surprise.

The mere fact that we're having a conversation about race, white privilege and racial animus towards minorities in America in 2017 proves just how far we still have to go before any of us should hold our heads high in pride about the fulfillment of our most basic fundamentals of liberty, equality and opportunity.

Racism goes both ways. If you think it's only one side that shows racism, then there are some problems.

No one really wants to set down and have a conversation. There is no open mind for such an endeavor, not truly anyway. This thread is a small example of that.

equippaint

The 1 proven way to reduce crime is better education and better early childhood development. Im talking about real education, not classes on diversity and crap, not money grabbing tech schools etc. We need more programs to work with poor and at risk youth who we as a society have a tendency to shove off in a corner and then complain when they grow up to commit crimes.
Every single person on here has the time, ability and knowledge to take 1-2 hours of their precious time every week, find a program to work with or a child that needs a mentor and show them the way. So many children do not get this at home, so many kids growing up with no one to ever push them or motivate them. Most of us here are lucky that we had opportunities, we had an opportunity to work with a family member as a kid or we were given responsibilities around the house that taught us discipline. We are different because at some point in our lives we were given expectations of success in some way. We had someone in our immediate family that went on to college or had a stable career. Someone that taught us work ethic. These children do not and we as a society with all the means and money in the world, do not help them at all yet expect children and teens to be 100% self motivated even while living in poor crime infested areas. Do something about it rather than argue and call it institutional racism, or blame blacks for getting shot in the backs by police or the spanish for taking your jobs. Mentor a child, join big brothers big sisters, push your local government for after school programs. Go volunteer to give a guest lecture at a teen career center. Teach a kid some of your knowledge, encourage them, give them some expectations. It makes a bigger impact in a child's life than you could ever imagine. This will lower crime and in turn lower run ins with police. Just stop pointing fingers at each other and over simplifying issues.

Johnny Best

the Toad "foreign adversary engaging in a conspiracy with the junta that was placed in office"

You were not raised right, or you had too many toys or not enough as a kid or your mother should have breast fed you, something, because you are a John Birch loon.
That is it for me, this is too embarrssing for me to engage in this conversation of conspiracy theories.

WildWestDesigns

The 1 proven way to reduce crime is better education and better early childhood development. Im talking about real education, not classes on diversity and crap, not money grabbing tech schools etc. We need more programs to work with poor and at risk youth who we as a society have a tendency to shove off in a corner and then complain when they grow up to commit crimes.

I actually say that it needs to start sooner.

There is something that I've noticed lately as a trend. Certainly as an economic culture trend (more often then not), but there maybe other culture implications as well.

And that is this concept of "baby daddy". Note the lack of possessiveness. As if there is no expected responsibility for the "daddy". As a father, I damn sure want that ' in there. I think it really needs to start there.

Having people help and pick up the slack when someone falls short is better then nothing, but it really needs to be there for the person that is truly responsible. It's got to come from their family or it's going to come from another "family" and that's typically gang based.

TimToad

You missed the point. Despite the white racist majority, we had a black president, not just one term, but two terms. I just found it funny that good ole white boy club stops at having a white female. My meaning wasn't that a woman couldn't have been president (strawman).

It really doesn't matter about the popular vote. It has to do with the electoral college (the fact that some states have to pass laws that says that the have to vote the way of the popular vote for their state is problematic in my mind), not what you or I vote. For good reason, at least it used to be for a good reason, not with the candidates we have lately. This isn't the first time that this has happened.

I personally didn't vote. No candidate was worth my vote.

And the female contender had her own issues that she brought on about. Of course, no politician is ever truly clean.

As to foreign meddling. Everyone sends out propaganda, we do it (shoot we've even overthrown and setup our own in other countries), this shouldn't come as a surprise.

Racism goes both ways. If you think it's only one side that shows racism, then there are some problems.

No one really wants to set down and have a conversation. There is no open mind for such an endeavor, not truly anyway. This thread is a small example of that.

That two way argument falls flt when you consider the fact that in order to practice institutional racism, you must hold power of some sort. That's the kind of racism we're talking about here and the kind that most minorities are victims of in housing, criminal justice, lending, education, healthcare, etc..

Sure, minorities may hold racial resentment towards whites, but its precipitated and justified by institutional white racism to start with. Its not the same as the original sin committed in this case.

White males haven't voted for a liberal or Democrat in any great numbers despite being the primary recipients of progressive policies since the McCarthy era. Obama won twice because the melting pot of America including progressive minded folks like me refused to be denied a chance to see an alternative to business as usual. Plus, Citizens Untied hadn't taken full root as it now has.

Also, the level of gerrymandering and voter suppression hadn't hit the heights that it is at right now.

In 2013, the Scalia faction rammed through a major weakening of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 which opened the flood gates to the kind of targeted voter suppression that saw 868 polling places in primarily Democratic leaning minority communities closed in 2016. We saw record breaking new voter registrations in minority communities this past election, but suddenly, the "liberal" media proclaimed that despite standing in long lines for hours all summer to register, we got some limp excuse that minorities suddenly had Hillary fatigue. I have a huge bridge to sell anyone who believed that. It couldn't possibly have had anything that the powers that be in the states seeing these massive voter registration drives found the best way to keep from losing was to simply close polling places where a big turnout would hurt their chances the most.

TimToad

I actually say that it needs to start sooner.

There is something that I've noticed lately as a trend. Certainly as an economic culture trend (more often then not), but there maybe other culture implications as well.

And that is this concept of "baby daddy". Note the lack of possessiveness. As if there is no expected responsibility for the "daddy". As a father, I damn sure want that ' in there. I think it really needs to start there.

Having people help and pick up the slack when someone falls short is better then nothing, but it really needs to be there for the person that is truly responsible. It's got to come from their family or it's going to come from another "family" and that's typically gang based.

Boy, some of you folks just can't resist laying on the stereotypes can you?

I'm sure Tennessee and the region you're in is loaded with plenty of dead beat, vacant, absent impregnators who look just like you, but god forbid you call out your own kind with your racist dog whistles.

We all know that by all measureable statistics, poor whites consume and receive more in social welfare benefits and assistance than minorities. They also commit crimes, do drugs, abuse their spouses, drive drunk, bet their kids, abuse animals, etc. at the same rates as everybody else in society. It must be bad genes or something.

WildWestDesigns

Boy, some of you folks just can't resist laying on the stereotypes can you?

I'm sure Tennessee and the region you're in is loaded with plenty of dead beat, vacant, absent impregnators who look just like you, but god forbid you call out your own kind with your racist dog whistles.

As yes, assumption. Just because I live in TN now does not mean that I'm FROM TN. 6th Generation Texan (and I'm sure you would say, "Oh much better"). Bare in mind too, I have a niece that is half Asian (in which case, her father denied her and has never seen her at all period). According to you, I should be wigging out something awful about the fact that she is mixed.

Also bare in mind, I explicitly said ECONOMIC CULTURE. That would include every shade of person in the rainbow.

Strawman and assumption.

You know, I've also noticed that in most of your diatribes, you tend to belittle (along the lines of what "bob" does as well). I do my up most best not to do that. But that seems to be your MO. Almost like you are using it as way to distract. But that could be me speculating.

To me, if one's argument has merit, there is no need to belittle, call names etc. You don't have to. Doing that only inflames and distracts, it serves no functional purpose, except to stroke one's ego. Doing that tends to make other's think that you really don't have any substance to your point. One may or may not, it just doesn't serve a logical functional purpose and further the discussion in a thoughtful, logical manner.

======Edit to Add========

Even though this is none of your business, it irritated me enough to mention it

loaded with plenty of dead beat, vacant, absent impregnators who look just like you

I waited until I was 37 to make sure I was able to handle the responsibilities of being a father, not just financially. It is not something that I took lightly. I will be damned if someone lumps me with people that are deadbeats that don't take care of their responsibilities, especially as a parent. Even if they are only supposed to look like me.

I can handle any other merit less insult then that.

=====End Edit==========

Sure, minorities may hold racial resentment towards whites, but its precipitated and justified by institutional white racism to start with. Its not the same as the original sin committed in this case.

So prejudice of all kind is solely a European/American institution? Oh excuse, a white European/American institution and did not exist before then? And they are the sole progenitor of this institution? Is that what you are saying by "the original sin"?

This is a human issue and it's there no matter who you talk to. Can't help it, to an extent it's apart of human nature. Shoot, the institution of slavery, which is usually founded on some type of prejudice, may not just be ethnic, has been around since as long as civilization has.

Can't approach from that type of divide, in my opinion, that does more harm then good and just in some ways keeps it alive. It's a failing of everyone, like it or not.

White males haven't voted for a liberal or Democrat in any great numbers despite being the primary recipients of progressive policies since the McCarthy era. Obama won twice because the melting pot of America including progressive minded folks like me refused to be denied a chance to see an alternative to business as usual. Plus, Citizens Untied hadn't taken full root as it now has.

Have you seen the voting map of Johnson in '64 (didn't the McCarthy era end in '56?)? The lower South and Arizona didn't vote for LBJ. Both my home state and the state I reside in now did (in fact, TN voted Johnson over Gore's daddy for the Democratic ticket).

Now bare in mind, Democrats in LBJ's time were not the same Democrats that we have now.

Do you honestly think that the Democrats are all that? They don't have their own issues? They are squeaky clean? Do you honestly think things would have truly changed to what you are hoping for?

Bare in mind too, I didn't vote for anyone. I have actually not ever voted period in my voting adult life. Main reason being, there hasn't been anyone worth my voting for. I'm not just going to vote because people think you should vote for voting. If I can't get behind someone and be proud to say that I voted for them, I just don't.

Last edited:

TimToad

the Toad "foreign adversary engaging in a conspiracy with the junta that was placed in office"

You were not raised right, or you had too many toys or not enough as a kid or your mother should have breast fed you, something, because you are a John Birch loon.
That is it for me, this is too embarrssing for me to engage in this conversation of conspiracy theories.

I was raised plenty right and you should keep mothers out of it. Mine was as close to a saint for the 47 years she spent on earth as they come.

I think you need a few lessons on the political spectrum. Left wing, democratic socialist, progressives like me are the direct opposite of right wing, tin foil hat wearing anti-communist nut jobs like the John Birch Society freaks were. At least put down the crayons and go do a Google search before you try to sue an insult thats above your pay grade.