• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software you love!

Joe Diaz

You know we don't often praise something when it's good. We usually complain or warn others when something is bad. But I want to take this time to praise Thunderbird. It's simply awesome. I have been using Outlook 2002 since, well... 2002:doh: and it was working great for me on XP, but recently I upgraded to Vista, and have found that my old version of Outlook was just too outdated. A friend told me about Thunderbird and I love it. It rocks the sheezy:thumb:

Tell us about software that you recently got and love or can't live without!

A few more of my favorites: Corel X3, Flash CS3, Google Chrome, EstiMate Zune3.0 (don't make fun of me for the zune one please:ROFLMAO:)

Shovelhead

Firefox
Advanced System Care
Glary Utilities
Sun VirtualBox
XP Repair Pro
DriverMax
TeraCopy
Open Office
Acronis Disk Director

jiarby

I have been using T-Bird for about 2 years, and was a long time Outlook/Exchange user (even back into the early 90's since M$ started doing e-mail)

I think I prefer Outlook for a couple reasons...
1. Tbird does not have an autoresponder out of office capability! A very glaring omission for an email client.
2. Contact management far inferior to outlook
3. Calendar as well.

I used Outlooks calendars and tasks components and really have been lost the last 2 years. One of my new years goals was to get back onto outlook.

I tell people to use TBird all the time... I think it is a fine email client, but not for a power user.

Applications I DO like...
File-Zilla for FTP client
Of Course, Corel (moving to X4)
Dreamweaver (and Fireworks) (I am an old Macromedia Studio guy)

BUT...
three of my favorite apps are:
Ghost v8 for disk imaging (and backups)
DiskSpace Explorer for managing disk space in a graphical pie-chart
WinImage to make fast ISO images of CD's.

ChiknNutz

Corel X3
Alien Skin plug-ins
PhotoZoom Pro
Malwarebytes
LogMeIn (free)
IcoFX (for making icons after exporting from Corel)
Google toolbar (cuz bookmarks follow YOU, love it)

Joe Diaz

\http://www.mp3tag.de/en/ Best free mp3 tagging software.

Speaking of that I had a program once that I bought online that would Automatically go through all of my music and reformat the track information and organize it on your hd. It was freakin amazing. It would Take what information it could find, like parts of the name, or the length of the song. And it would rename it to your specifications, fill in all of the rest of the track info and tags, and even get the album art for you. I wish I could remember what it was called. When I remember I'll post it on here for anyone interested. I only need/used it once when I was trying to reorganize my music for my new Mp3 player at the time. Now since I actually buy all my mp3s:omg:, all that info is already gathered correctly.

Also I want to give a shout out to UltraMon:notworthy:, If you have dual monitors, it's a must have. Check it out. http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

Poconopete

Ipswitch WS_FTP Pro
Photochop
Win XP Pro
Win PC Sign
CorelDraw
Acronis Tru Image
Fusion 10 Support has taken 6 weeks tho
Serif WebPlus X2

Joe Diaz

Joe,

MusicMatch Jukebox does that !
Really MusicMatch does that??? Man I haven't used that in a long time.:ROFLMAO: This wasn't the standard CDDB that comes with most mp3 software, where you put a CD in and it rips the tacks and finds the info was it?

Border

I thought Musicmatch was bought out by Yahoo and then left to the wayside???
At least last time I checked. And it still appears that to be the case.
I'm a HUGE Musicmatch lover and have not yet found anything that measures up.

Are you still using an old version like me? or is there a new version out there?

Border

MediaMonkey is as close a second to Musicmatch as I have found but still not as good IMO.
I will say MediaMonkey has some really awesome visual effects though if that's something that matters to you. I'll be using the visuals through a video projector in sync with the music at my 2 day mid-winter indoor Beach party/SuperBowl party next weekend. Having a couple tons of sands dropped into my garage for that one. Radiant heaters will easily have it at 90 degrees for the party!

Joe Diaz

I thought Musicmatch was bought out by Yahoo and then left to the wayside???
At least last time I checked. And it still appears that to be the case.
I'm a HUGE Musicmatch lover and have not yet found anything that measures up.

Are you still using an old version like me? or is there a new version out there?
MusicMatch was a great program, I can't really remember why I stopped using it.

Border

MusicMatch was a great program, I can't really remember why I stopped using it.

If you're an IE user, then MusicMatch will still work as long as you have IE6 or older. IE7 conflicts somehow and it will not launch. However, the latest version of Firefox has no effect on Musicmatch.