• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software you love!

ChiknNutz

Not really software per se, but I forgot to mention PANDORA!!!

An AMEN for iTunes...cool but I find it to be a PITA much of the time too!

RebeckaR

I'm learning to really love Corel's Painter X used in conjunction with my wacom pen.
Just add a hot cup of coffee, some tunes and an open can of turps... I'm in heaven.

Rodi

FontStudio, LetraStudio from Letraset! OLD 1992, still work on my old G3 Mac. Live Picture a great image editing program. And of course Pixar Typestry, the bomb of 3D Type and vector dimensional type, it uses Acadamy award winning Pixar Renderman Renderer. Freehand. Creature House Expression V1 and V3. Separation Lab from Radius, for ICC profiling, it was easy and great to use, picture by picture or overall.

S'N'S

Vinyl Master Pro & VMP's node editing program is the duck's nuts..
Font Detective, makes life easier finding that font.
System Mechanic, keeps everything ticking over nicely.
CorelDraw x3, mainly for tracing...I suck at Corel, never used it much.
Paint shop pro9

curtrnev

Hey Insigina what CAD system do you use with Illy and do you know if it has a CAM part as well ? Was toying with the idea of some cnc stuff.

Curtis

Letterbox Mike

We just have Cad Tools which is a plugin that adds some basic cad drawing functionality to AI. I really just use it mostly for the dimensioning and labeling aspects. www.hotdoor.com is the website. It's not a full-blown cad program nor does it convert illustrator to one, but if you find yourself doing alot of cad-type drawing in illustrator it will make your life easier. It's no substitute for a true cad program though.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I personally wish computers would go away....

but I like Cadtools. As far as using it, i use it for all my Cad/drafting. I only use Auto-cad if the client requires it, and even then, I do the majority in Illy.

SignManiac

I'm starting to like Picassa more and more for organizing and finding all the images on my hardrive. Corel draw goes without saying and lets not forget Quickbooks Pro and yesterday I just purchased Vetric Aspire 3-D software for use on my Multicam router table.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Man that would suck. Can you imagine having to make Signs 101 posts via postcards?

I'm more of a smoke signal man meself...
With all the free time I would have, I would be a millionaire if the internet broke... except for all the fire wood I would have to buy.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Digital Music Mentor.
I can scan any song through it and get a printed transcription of the chords, melody and bass lines to instantly be able to pick along. Priceless.