• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Soljet XF

O

onlinestar

sorry guys I can't share more but it is Roland latex and it will have a very special white and clear surprise too.

Jack Knight1979

:noway:

I don't think Roland will adopt a new inkset. They're still selling Eco-Sol, so they can't sing the praises on Latex and Eco-Sol at the same time.

This will be a DX5 (dual) unit in a wider width. No cutter on board.

splizaat

Nothing wrong with the reds my Rolands put out.

No one has ever complained about reds on our machine either...but maybe I'm not picky enough? We just roll 0-100-100-0 on Max Impact....unless someone has redder red? haha

O

onlinestar

Actually the print head will be a Kodak memjet 2picoliter variable head (16m nozzles). "Sol" stands for solvent added with latex to make it right viscosity for the memjets.

Alpha Star

That couldn't work simply due to the fact that latex polymers are susceptible to breakdown in almost all solvents, which is also why Latex polymers are always pair with water as a carrier.

*Almost* being the operative term. Latex can be carried by some solvents.

Besides, this is a company that uses "Eco" to mean something other than "Ecological". They're tricky that way. So if they want to get technical, they can call their latex printers "Soljet" because water IS a solvent.

I'm seriously looking forward to this. Latex at those speeds? Very interesting if true. I hope Onlinestar is on the level.

Baz

Obviously the red issue has to be with the RIP one is using along with custom profiles.

mudmedia

Best reds I have seen in a solvent printer have been from a Roland VS using canned profiles and settings in versaworks.