• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Soljet XF

BALLPARK

I hope Roland brings an effective answer to other latex printers. We will see next month, if that is the case.

I figured it was just going to be similar to the XJ series without a cutter using the new inks.

Not sure about issues with Roland and red...? Our XC produces great reds and never thought it was a problem.

Custom_Grafx

Funny how people think that reds are made of just yellow and magenta. The inks are so transparent that the white material underneath plays a huge part in what they look like in the end. Without compensating for not only that white point, but the way the inks interact with the material, how can you even hope to get a consistently good red? A touch off and you get orangy or pink casts.

If your using spot colors and choose PR 43k, which is about the best red in the spot colors, then in versaworks start adding some cyan, like 8-15%. You can get some real nice deep reds

splizaat

Email sent today from Roland about the ISA show displays

Witness the Launch of the world's fastest printer ever...the soljet XF.

Definitely Solvent....and it's fast...and red.

splizaat

The XC and VS can already be setup as dual CMYK i think.....what makes this one faster? ohhhhh I'd be willing to bet it's a dual CMYK setup with the big square head like the VS-series has...But TWO VS-series square heads.

Robert M

Fastest?

Sounds like the Epson SureColor SC50670, two TFP ten channel print heads, speeds up to 900+ per hour. Can't see Roland making such a big deal about another me too setup. I would guess it is a print cut with the dual heads or maybe they are leaving the Epson world and using new print heads, like Mimaki is doing.

DRamm76

It's not the Roland printer that can't hit the Reds...it's the users who dont know how to properly focus on quality design work and think using "cheaper" 3rd party inks can get you the high quality results. I sell machines, only Rolands, to high end corporations that NEED that RED..and they nail it everytime.

End users always blame the machine..and the sad truth is..99% it's something THEY are doing wrong. Work on hundreds of printers a year and not just your own and you'll see what im talking about.

As for the new machine..If you get that offended off a teaser video and that it "shows you nothing" you either have zero patience or you don't understand marketing. People will naturally run this machine down and be saying "why doesnt it have this? Why cant it do that?" and then when Roland adds all those features on..it's "Oh that's too expensive..i'll go save $10,000 off on an HP latex because it's green." Pfft Have fun complicating things.

I've read the sales guides and the detailed information and there are a LOT of new features coming on the XF that have never been used by Roland before so wait a week and check em out and stop whining.

Robert M

Better Reds

Funny thing is that Epson has a new ink set that they say hits better reds, they make a big deal about it with the Sure Color. So if the new Roland has Epson heads it may have the new Epson inks which are said by Epson to hit better reds. So I do think the Roland will hit better reds if Epson gives them the new inks. Sounds like Epson will give Roland the old 8 channel print heads from the GS-6000. If that is the case and it is going to be fast, it will only be CMYK x 2, unlike the Epson Sure Color S50 that will have two ten channel print heads. The Epson S50670 is fast at 900+ sfh, (CMYK x2, WW) and has white ink.
So at the end of the day it will end up being cheaper to buy a Sure Color and a stand alone cutter and have white ink to boot.

splizaat

Another email I got today shows full photo of the printer and these bullet points...

-True usable 1098sq ft/hr
-Construction ensures over 5 year service life contrary to competitors
-Unsurpassed color density at fastest print speeds
-Smart Phone printer status reporting
-Integral Blower + Extended heater allow use of takeup roll at fastest print speed.

Picture shows eight 440ml cartridges top mounted, front facing on the left side, and that's about all I can see other than the obvious red/black color, take up system and blower.

....OH YA, almost forgot it's called the Soljet XF-640....64" :)

Robert M

New Roland, count down is over

It is in fact set up with two 8 channel Epson print heads. So if you added a cutter to a Mutoh 1638 this would be the new Roland. The Mutoh can be had for 22K with the trade in of any 30" or better printer. The new Roland is said to be 35K plus. It is a fast printer cutter, I wonder how the ink has time to dry before sending it back under the pinch wheels for the contour cut.

Robert M

I be wrong

No cutter, just a printer. I saw the price of 35.5k and just figured it had to have a cutter. So what does this one have over the Mutoh 1638 or the Epson two headed Sure Color S50670 , besides being red.