Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some helmet wraps

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by EGI, Aug 29, 2011.

1. EGI

EGI Member

Dec 20, 2010

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2011
    Tags:
  2. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    Was that in several pieces?

3. Mason

Mason Very Active Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Boston
    Off site pics... Fred in 3..2...

Aside from that, nice work!

4. EGI

EGI Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Yes, all of them were several pieces. The MX helmets were more then the race car helmets.

Off site pics...? What am I missing?

5. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
  6. tooth63

tooth63 Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Nice work!

7. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    nice job

8. boxerbay

boxerbay Active Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Darkside of the Moon
    lol

here comes Milo.

9. EGI

EGI Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Had no idea you had to post pics like this... Anyway...

661-1-web.jpg

661-2-web.jpg

661-3-web.jpg

661-4-web.jpg

IMG_3544.jpg

maxwell.jpg

IMG_3543.jpg

pic-1.jpg

pic-2.jpg

pic-3.jpg

pic-4.jpg

10. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    Say they look nice, lots of action.

11. loganBeckwithiv

loganBeckwithiv New Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Michigan
    They Look Great. What are you using for material?

12. EGI

EGI Member

Dec 20, 2010
    All the helmets are using Avery vinyl and lam. The vinyl may be different between a few of them. We have a lot of vinyl in stock...

I'm still in the prototype stage, haven't started charging for them yet.

13. CRD

CRD Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Nice job......awsome.

14. john1

john1 Guest

Sweet, the 661 wrap caught my eye cause i used to be into bmx and they make gloves and saftey gear

15. EGI

EGI Member

Dec 20, 2010

Actually, the orange 661 helmet is mine :wink:

16. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Very nice, indeed. :thumb:

Do you have any pictures of the sequence of applying or wrapping these or any thoughts of doing so for a future helmet ?? That would be very interesting. :wink:

17. EGI

EGI Member

Dec 20, 2010

First off, Gino, you're in Reading? I'm sitting in Hummelstown as I type this, and live in Lancaster.

The only thing I've done so far is before and after pics. Working on a helmet right now, and I took before pics of it so when I post up the finished product everyone can see what it used to look like.

I spent a lot of time figuring this process out, and don't want to just let everyone know how to do it:wink:

18. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA

So, what you're telling me is, you don't want to share. That's not a question, but a statement.

It might not have occurred to you, but if you joined the 'Premium' section, you might not feel the same way. However, sporting around your attitude..... it won't work because back there is a real place for sharing ideas, techniques and camaraderie among equals. With your attitude, I don't think you'd fit in. Sorry.

Guess that also means you don't want to attend our 'Open House' mixer in two weeks either. That would mean I'd have to show you anything you want and you'd find everything out about us, huh ?? :covereyes:

Besides, I used to do a lot of work in Hershey. I worked side by side with two of the Hershey Park sign guys. We did a lot of printing for them in the late 90's and early 2000's. They later bought a printer like ours and we were out of the picture. Yeah, I guess you're right, you people do tend to steal things up your way. Perhaps your way is better. Stay to yourself and grow your business all by yourself. Just don't expect a lot of help from this guy. Hopefully, you'll change your tune, but since you have a patented science on wrapping helmets, I guess we'll just sit and wait for the next friendly poster to come along.

For crying out loud, I just thought it would be helpful and informative. Sorry for the inconvenience and paranoia I caused you.​

19. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Those are SICK! Nice work!

20. EGI

EGI Member

Dec 20, 2010

Hold up. I know nothing about this "premium" section you speak of. Not to mention I did A LOT of research to figure this out, and read through a HUGE thread about wrapping helmets on this forum. And lots of people were asking the successful ones how they did it, and none of them really gave to much away. Not to mention I know nothing of this "Mixer" you speak of either! Not to mention if we were speaking one on one, not over the net for anyone to see, I'd prob have no problem telling you how to wrap a helmet!

You need to chilax and go back and re-read what I said in the post you quoted.

And I am sooooo sorry I happen to work for a company in Hummelstown... We have done work for Hershey over the years, but we didn't get our printer till like 05. So go point your finger at someone else!

All I was trying to do was say, hey, we live near each other, hi neighbor...

Have a good one buddy :U Rock: