• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Some Recent Wrap Designs - Kickin' it old school; Simple & Clean

Marlene

This is actually a good thing. Its much easier to design stuff that stands out, when so much out there is just merging into the background. I don't care how much diamond plate is thrown in, it blends. That's actually the missed opportunity most businesses don't see. And it's pretty ironic, actually. They request to stand out and usually all they succeed in is fitting in.

that is so true! I just finished a sign with the customer's "help". I did my best to get him to change things up but he just had to have diamond plate in the background...yuk! I drive by the sign and hang my head in shame! I was able to change what had to be the worst looking logo I have ever seen and to at least get the message of what they did looking the best I could. diamond plate is pretty stuff when used to make a tool box but on a sign or as a wrap background, it just is so wrong.

Craig Sjoquist

Yes all of them are outstanding, and really enjoy seeing what you have completed, always even in thumbnails you know what your looking at, which means you'll see it block away and know what / who.

Fitch

Nice designs, nice layouts. A few really pop.

With respect Dan, all you have done is achieve what should be achieved. You have done your job - which would be expected.

Everybody else these days simply fails.... that's all. There is so much crap around these days that when someone designs the way you do... with simplicity... it looks sensational.

Cheers - G

iSign

kinda reminds me of a somewhat Zen sounding concept about sculpture I think, although I forget where it might really have originated... but anyway...

to design a quality wrap... simply remove everything that doesn't look like a quality wrap...

...kind of like the "subtractive" theory of design!

Dave Drane

Very refreshing indeed. The old "signpainters" from the past, like Bob Behounek, Ray Chapman, and the late Chester Cunningham would be very impressed with how new technology is being utilized properly. Kudos Dan.

MIMO

Just enough but not too much. Very nice. Air Zero sticks in my mind the most.

Question. Why is it that many wrap designs out there have the brand name or logo shooting off on an angle? I admit they catch my eye and I like the look, but is there a technical reason? All I can think of is that the angles of a car aren't usually horizontal, so following them might make sense.

Dan Antonelli

Thanks again folks for the comments.

In my opinion, I believe there will be a backlash not unlike the original backlash which occurred a few years after the Gerber IVB came out. People got so sick of the signs with the same fonts, squished, stretched, etc -that the original handpainters were being more sought out - simply because they used no vinyl.

People who have spent a lot of money on wraps which did not yield the results they had expected will look to simplify their message and opt for advertising which furthers their brand as a primary objective.

Of course, diamond plate, glows, triple outlines will never actually ever die. But maybe business owners will get more educated about what works and doesn't in an outdoor realm. Or maybe even designers, too.

Dan Antonelli

Just enough but not too much. Very nice. Air Zero sticks in my mind the most.

Question. Why is it that many wrap designs out there have the brand name or logo shooting off on an angle? I admit they catch my eye and I like the look, but is there a technical reason? All I can think of is that the angles of a car aren't usually horizontal, so following them might make sense.

When I do it, its so I can use a larger part of the canvas by using space under drivers side door window.

formanek

Nice. I am at nearly 99% vector based as well. I love the crisp look and not having the images take over the skin and sometimes are just fillers. Nice work!

Billct2

I always thought one advatage of the angle was to avoid "level" issues either of application or due to the shape of the vehicle.

GoodPeopleFlags

Absolutely beautiful! All of them! That's a perfect example of the difference between someone who makes signs and someone who makes art into signs. You really show folks how it's supposed to be done, Dan. I think my favorite is the Dave Brown.
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: