• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

someone stole my flexi

johnny_loves_amy

I had a break in at my shop last night and someone stole my flexi,and dongle key (among many other things). ( I know, I should have had it put up somewhere safe). Now I am deep poop. It makes me wonder if it may have been an inside job. Anyways, I am a small shop with only me and 2 other people and I cant do nothing now.. Has anyone got a version of flexi for sale CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP. I was running 8.1, but at this time I dont care what version it is.. My little business is dead in the water...And no I didn't have insurance (stupid I know).. Not trying to put a sob story, but this is my families only source of income and we struggle to make ends meet. Can someone please give a downed man a hand.. Thanks to everybody who reads this and offers support, advice, or a hand..Take care and God Bless guys

Marlene

your average person wouldn't know that you need a key to run the software so it does sound like it was taken by some one who knew what they were doing. sorry to hear of your loss of property.

signage

Hope you have the dongle serial number! I would report that it was stolen and let SAI know!

Sorry to here of your bad fortune!

GARY CULY

any files you created in 8.1 wont open in a lower version of flexi ..so mayby look for another 8.1 or higher version ..
now someone may chime on here and say im full of b.s..so if there is a way of opening a higher version built file id sure like to know also.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for your lose. Had the same thing happen quite a few years ago. Fortunately for us, they took the regular computer and left our Gerber completely alone because they didn’t know what it was or how they could re-sell it. They didn’t even take any plotters or other sign related valuable things. No…… someone doesn’t take what they can’t sell in a hurry.

A dongle and that program are only valuable to another person that knows exactly what he/she are taking. Unless, you have very smart thieves in your area, I would also expect one of your employees. Now, you didn’t happen to take it out in your back pocket by mistake and load it into another computer at home or something and now need an extra program for a second computer ?? :doh:

Techman

you put a pig tail usb or whatever cord it needs to the machine.. run it into one of those card slot openings,, put dongle on the inside of the machine,, close cover,, there out of sight..

RJ California

Have you contacted Flexi? I would definately start there. If you had a legit version they should be able to help. I'm sure that you are not the only one that has ever had a dongle lost or stolen.

I had a dongle go bad once and they overnighted a new one the same day. I did have to eventually send the damaged one back of course, but I imagine they do have a plan for replacing lost or stolen dongles too.

anotherdog

a pointed reminder for everyone with anything to lose, insure it first.

If you have all the documentation, program disks etc, maybe Flexi would come up with a replacement dongle.

cgsigns_jamie

This is why I put camera's in my office...

Also be sure to contact SAi or your dealer, they may be able to get you a discounted price for a replacement.

grafxxx

let me get this straight they took your flexi software disk and the dongle key?? like someone mentioned before most people wouldn't even know that is there. i smell a rat. did you call the police? and did you question the other 2 people?