• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300 "freezes" during print and cut.

zm71

Hi. Recently my sp300 has started to "freeze" during print.
It started with cuts, stopped for a couple of secs and then continued cutting. Guess u could see it like the SP300 is "buffering". Now it has started doing so also when printing. The head stops at both left and right, thinks for a sec and then continueds to print.

And after a few stops of "buffering", its back to normal.

Any ideeas? thanks!

anotherdog

likely your network connection, When I have this happen it's usually an IP conflict where who devices are assigned the same IP and Packet collision really sllllooowwws this down.

even a 10 mbit connection should be plenty for buffering from the rip.

simple fix is to restart everything...or go onto your router and boot everything off so it reassigns fresh IP's

I find if you are walking round with ipads, tablets etc. that drop in and out of the network, it can cause problems... but that may be just my funky router.

zm71

thanks for your thoughts. could be a network-thing, my ripper is sharing network with a it-company on the floor above me.

gonna look in to it. thanks!