• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

starting of logo

iegrafixs

I prefer Captain Squash! :thumb:

Attachments

• stock-illustration-4736851-super-squash.jpg
    stock-illustration-4736851-super-squash.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 59

drsquash

thanks for the replays
Dr Squash is the pro wrestling name i used when i wrestled.
and yes it is a little outdated as one suggested i did design it 15 years ago and just kept updating the graphic gonna do some more updating on it ie replacing the medical bag with pens and brushes
putting some pants on him
as far as beard goes its got to stay the face of the squash is a cartoon rendering of my actual looks only reason i keep it (and no i dont have a green beard)

will work on a log not using him thanks for input

and reason i used the medical bag and head reflector as so people would get Dr Squash with out using any words

Marlene

and yes it is a little outdated as one suggested i did design it 15 years ago and just kept updating the graphic gonna do some more updating on it ie replacing the medical bag with pens and brushes
putting some pants on him
as far as beard goes its got to stay the face of the squash is a cartoon rendering of my actual looks only reason i keep it (and no i dont have a green beard)

will work on a log not using him thanks for input

and reason i used the medical bag and head reflector as so people would get Dr Squash with out using any words

the biggest problem with the image is it makes sense to you because you know what it means. clearly, when people don't know, they don't react to it the way you would like them to. the image is dated and needs to be redone. you should hire John Deaton to do a cartoon as he is very good. making a squash doctor who makes signs look right is going to be hard. you said it is 15 years old, have you been using it all that time? is so, maybe some in your area have seen it and can connect it to a shop. the problem I see is doctor when used outside the medical world usually means repairs or fix a problem, "Windshield Docotr" "Electronics doctor" "Computer Doctor" etc. we get that so the docotr part could work as it has been done to death. what makes it ify is the squash. I don't think there is a person on this planet who when they think signs think squash. if you change the med bag to a tool bag with paint and such, it seems like that would only add to the confusion rather than help the image. are you famous in your area? there are people who are. if I went to your town and said Doctor Squash would anyone know you by that? is so, that too is a big help.

we really are here to help. the image as is is bad and adding or taking away parts isn't going to help.

Jillbeans

If you are known for a pro-wrestling name I can see why you would want to keep it (for local recognition)
But I would lose the Dr. part it's just corny.
Maybe go for a more tuff look?
(this is supposed to be a squash with a wrestler mask)
Here's a fast suggestion.

Attachments

• squash.jpg
    squash.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 72

Marlene

...with a butt chin rather than a camel toe. :)

much better to look at a butt chin

so has the OP done any re-draws or will squashy live on doing his house calls at high speed on his magic pink arrow keeping signs looking good with his awesome doctoring skills? day two in the saga of Squashy, MD. on today's eposide, Squashy, MD saves the lives of a family of turnips who were in a horrid clash with the rutabaga family over who rules the gross tasting veggies in town. the rutabagas have long held the stadning in town as being gross until the newbie turnip family moved into their turf. "this town isn't big enough for two gross tasting veggies, you're going down" there was a horrible Kiss the Cook knife fight and several of the turnip clan were slashed and would have perished if not for Squashy, MD who rode into town on his pink arrow and saved the day...

Jillbeans

Hahaha
Dr Squash uses a scalpel to kern and dispenses Happy Pills to all the grumpy sign customers who ask "Is that the best price you can give me?"

Jillbeans

You can always change my good client's tagline:
"Signs look sick? Call...The Doctor"

Attachments

• drtile.jpg
    drtile.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 89

xxaxx

The OP just needs to trash that disgusting mess ... there really is no saving it. No squash in wrestling tights or dr. outfit or holding a brush or anything will help in the style that is done in.

Billct2

Here is real advice, if you're serious about growing your business come up with an appropriate name and put your talent to work on a character that makes sense in this trade.