Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STRANGE email request POSSIBLE DANGER?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Vinylman, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Vinylman

Vinylman Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Berlin Center, Ohio
    Anyone know this person {
    rogerscopyking}

I got 2 emails this morning from this {person?]

Here is the content :

{
    This is a message from rogerscopyking at Signs101.com ( http://www.signs101.com/forums/index.php ). The Signs101.com owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email. To email rogerscopyking, you can use this online form: http://www.signs101.com/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=28377 OR, by email: mailto:rogerscopyking@sbcglobal.net This is the message: Can you help?}

Anyone else get something from this person?

Has Signs 101 been hacked, or is this a phishing expedition from a hacker?

Any ideas

Thanks

Tags:
  2. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    odd

3. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Someone thinks you're cute. You have a cyber~stalker....................... :loveya:

Anyway, did you report it to Fred ?? This looks like something he should know about immediately. :frustrated:

4. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    didn't get anything like this but i did get an email from verizon on my work email stating my bill is over due $1500 and i only have a personal account with verizon (home phone, cell and internet) looked just like a verizon email all the logos and it had a link for automatic bill pay...should i click that to see what happens ? ...haha

5. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    Danger....

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      49.6 KB
      Views:
  6. anotherdog

anotherdog Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2008
    if people like us, savy experienced internet aware users aren't sure, how do people like my 75 year old mom use the internet?

there is a lot recently about a "Free Internet", but what use is it if you can't trust it?

7. Kottwitz-Graphics

Kottwitz-Graphics Very Active Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Ridgely, MD
    I got a message from Comcast that read roughly the same thing, and that I needed to go on and update some info. I looked really close, and it came from the address of concast.com...

I could see that little trick fooling a lot of people.

8. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I'm not seeing any evidence of wrongdoing here. The member has made one post and sent two PMs in the last 15 months and appears to be very unfamiliar with using our forum features.

9. Vinylman

Vinylman Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Berlin Center, Ohio
    Well, I guess IF he/she sends a less cryptic question to the forum here I will be glad to help him out. Or if he/she would have included a viable contact phone number I would call them on my dime to help them out. Till that happens I hope their problem with the Mimaki gets fixed.

10. john1

john1 Guest

Dain-juh

Attached Files:

11. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    As near as I can tell, he's wanting someone to send him a Mimaki service guide.