• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Support Your Troops

Jillbeans

Just bumping this up.
Finally accumulated enuff stuff to fill a box.
It's incredibly easy to mail, the post office has a certain box you get, fill, and bring back in for mailing.
I think it's under $12 for everything.
Love....Jill

Bulldog1929

Our grandson was in the first wave into Bagdad. He started his military career back as an enlisted man; 8 years as a medic in 82nd Airborne. He got out, wnet to college and reenlisted as a 2nd LT; while in Bagdad he made Captain and should be pretty close to becoming a major now.
His wife is a Captain in the 82nd and served in Afghansitan. They now have a beautiful baby girl and are both stateside for the time being. Grandma and I are very pround of both of them.

sjm

From a proud father whose son just made him a grandpa and whose daughter in law and son have served five tours over there,so far between them,,,thanks to all for this post and all who support the guys and gals over there.It sure means alot to them.

Thinking all that man/woman power could be better used in the Gulf of Mexico.

Just another proud father who wishes better for his/her child.

Marlene

Robert is back in th states but there are many still over seas who would love to get a package from "home". do a google search for supporting the troops and you can find some info. also you can call your local National Guard to get names or palces to send things. the post office has a flat rate APO box for about $10 or so. you can fill it and send it out. we did this a while back and Robert posted pixs of the soldiers. it was wonderful to see the smiles.

please don't turn this old thread into a hate thread as it was done with love and should stay that way. thre are palce to call each other names and I hope you don't turn this into one of them
thanks

sjm

kgirl, no duh. If you think sending troops overseas, while at home you have bigger issues, i.e. BP *wink*

God have mercy on us all.

Marlene

kgirl, no duh. If you think sending troops overseas, while at home you have bigger issues, i.e. BP *wink*

God have mercy on us all.

what are you blabbing about? this was a thread posted back in 2009 to let people know the address of a signs101 member who was overseas and was getting stuff together for our troops. we have people far from home in the military and sending a little bit of home to them and letting them know that we care is the only thing this is about. if you don't support the war so what, a lot of us aren't thrilled with it either but that has nothing to do with supporting our troops. if you have no interest in sending some chocolate, chap sticks, cards and stuff like this to a solider, then don't. just rag on about your issues. BTW, what have you done for your own troops? maybe you should do something instead of crapping on us who care.

sjm

Marlene I applaud your enthusiasm and while you may think I am babbling, sorry I don't see the point in war especially when there are bigger issues to deal with on home turf.

I ask myself for example, Pat Tillman who had it all, only to throw it all away to be gunned down by friendly fire, who sends him chocolates?

kgirl

I don't think you see a point in any war......i'm sure if the big boy decisions were left to you.....I would have been raised to speak german.....

I think you need a solder to come home and give you a good.....solid.....cheerful.....kick in the nuts with a smile....I see a point in that......:wavingflag:

sjm

I don't think you see a point in any war......i'm sure if the big boy decisions were left to you.....I would have been raised to speak german.....

I think you need a solder to come home and give you a good.....solid.....cheerful.....kick in the nuts with a smile....I see a point in that......:wavingflag:

kgirl, considering people are struggling to keep hold onto their homes, while Obama bailed out the financial and auto industry ... you want to kick me in the nuts? Less we forget what's currently happening in Louisiana?

Of course I do not live near a Top Gun base though I did enjoy my time in La Jolla.

Maybe I can send you a Rose, chocolate are passe?

kgirl

no thank you.....send them to Pat's family.....and tell them thank you for their sons who have displayed to us all what duty to ones country is all about......

Joe Diaz

Hey sjm, If you know anything about soldiers, you will know that they follow a higher command and do what is asked of them. Your beef isn't with the soldiers, its with those in charge. However this thread is not about those in charge, It is about supporting our troops. Please don't ruin that by making this political. If you want to argue about the bigger decisions and those that make those decisions, head on over to NHB and make your point. But let's keep this thread from being dragged into the NHB and stay on subject. :thumb:

sjm

Hey sjm, If you know anything about soldiers, you will know that they follow a higher command and do what is asked of them. Your beef isn't with the soldiers, its with those in charge. However this thread is not about those in charge, It is about supporting our troops. Please don't ruin that by making this political. If you want to argue about the bigger decisions and those that make those decisions, head on over to NHB and make your point. But let's keep this thread from being dragged into the NHB and stay on subject. :thumb:

Joe is that the point of this thread, seeing soldiers arrive back home in body bags?

I think it's simple mind your own business. The world will look after itself it doesn't need a policeman.

andy

This week we've lost two Royal Marines from 40 commando and just yesterday two riflemen from the Mercian Regiment.

Imagine patrolling through Helmand knowing every step might trigger an IED which will take off your legs or kill you and most of your mates? Imagine being in a compound when the Taliban have surrounded you and are throwing everything including the kitchen sink at you? Ammunition is running low and you're in danger of being overrun.

I hate politicians as much as anyone else but politicians and the people doing the fighting and dying are two separate issues... lions led by donkeys.

kgirl

Joe is that the point of this thread, seeing soldiers arrive back home in body bags?

I think it's simple mind your own business. The world will look after itself it doesn't need a policeman.

I take back the kick in the nuts....nothing would happen...

This week we've lost two Royal Marines from 40 commando and just yesterday two riflemen from the Mercian Regiment.

Imagine patrolling through Helmand knowing every step might trigger an IED which will take off your legs or kill you and most of your mates? Imagine being in a compound when the Taliban have surrounded you and are throwing everything including the kitchen sink at you? Ammunition is running low and you're in danger of being overrun.

I hate politicians as much as anyone else but politicians and the people doing the fighting and dying are two separate issues... lions led by donkeys.

imagine all that and much more happening at home....

kgirl

--

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    3.5 KB · Views: 78

round man

Sjm,...
"Imagine patrolling through Helmand knowing every step might trigger an IED which will take off your legs or kill you and most of your mates? Imagine being in a compound when the Taliban have surrounded you and are throwing everything including the kitchen sink at you? Ammunition is running low and you're in danger of being overrun."

The very reason this isn't happening on your street at home is the fact that those guys are over there containing the violence away from the home front,...if the taliban could bring it to your street instead of thier's they'd do it in a New York minute,..or er they did try once,....never forget 9-11