• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Support Your Troops

Marlene

this thread got brought up again and I'd like to take the opertunity to remind people to check with their local National Guard or other org to see what you can do for a solider. send a card, write a little letter or pack up some goodies and send them out. your little act of kindness just might bring a smile to some one far away from home.

alanshields

Outline Overlapping

I am trying to do a lighted sign for my building and I've purchase translucent vinyl for this application. I'm using two different colors, one for the letters and the other for the outline. I want some overlap so that there isn't any light showing through any gaps. I have flexi 8 and corel x4 and I really need some assistance. Thank you for any help you may be able to offer.:thankyou:

HaroldDesign

I am trying to do a lighted sign for my building and I've purchase translucent vinyl for this application. I'm using two different colors, one for the letters and the other for the outline. I want some overlap so that there isn't any light showing through any gaps. I have flexi 8 and corel x4 and I really need some assistance. Thank you for any help you may be able to offer.:thankyou:

I'm sure you didn't realize it, but your post is completely off the map! Try again in general sign making or something...

phototec

Please guys.. send stuff... it was easy as pie and it only cost me around $12 bucks postage to send a stuffed full package... just think of those smiles when they get a piece of home!!!

Yep, I served a 18 month tour in Vietnam, and the best days, other than the day I boarded a plane back the good ole USA, was any day I received a care package (goodie box) from home, it wasn't often, but man when me or one of the other guys in my platoon would get a care package, we would all share, sometimes only getting one or two cookies each, but what a joy to receive in a faraway land.

Our guys & gals serving in Afghanistan need our support this holiday season, keep them in your heart and mind, and send a care package if you can, I know it will really mean allot to these folks.

http://anysoldier.com/

As a former sailor, I know nothing beats mail call and getting a package and or care box. It is a great feeling and it would almost feel like it recharged my batteries, if you will. Keep this thread going, because if you feel that what is going on is just or not it is a great thing and does wonders for people serving far away from their families and everything familiar to them! OOOOOOH-RAHHHH!!!!!!

Tint Guru

Can I object to the war in general, while respectively supporting our troops?

With all due repsect to our troops, can somebody explain to me how this isn't a religious war?

EDIT: DRUNK/loving everybody!!!!

ICeMAnAbk

Can I object to the war in general, while respectively supporting our troops?

With all due repsect to our troops, can somebody explain to me how this isn't a religious war?

EDIT: DRUNK/loving everybody!!!!

Ok here it is from one who's seen quite a bit recently. This has been going on since 2001, this is an issue from well beyond 1990s.

Underlying issue, Iraq Iran War, Biochemicals. we know he makes them, has them, etc. He (saddam) slaughtered tens of thousands of Kurds in the northern region of Iraq with a chemical agent (blister) caused a slow agonizing death by boiling blood blisters all over your body. This was not done to troops, this was done to women, children, didn't matter to him. Chemical Ali earned his nick name doing this. Bush Sr would of went in during his non existant second term, willie had issues with his presidency, put this on hold. Bush Jr after 9/11 finally took up a 10yr old issue.

The barbaric treatment of women, and people under regiems like AQ and the taliban, is disgusting. It's not a religious pledge, it's one of intollerance and murder, shear genocide because a woman reads, or a child dances, or a man thinks different then you. This has been going on for generations. Women in Afganistan have tried to read, or work, only to have themselves brutally murdered infront of their soon to be killed children. Or a person comes home to a bag filled with their childs remains because AQ doesn't think your a good enough of a muslim because you didn't follow muhammad's teachings to the fullest.

I spent quite a bit of time in the middle east, talking to the locals. If I could of extended to continue the support over there, gladly. There are a lot of people in the US that are very narrow minded... don't care. I can't say I didn't think that way when I was in PA making signs. I said.. oh this is ********! it's all oil!!! It's not. Got my first hand experience there. Sounds crazy to say, but there is a lot we cannot and will never be able to share about what happens and why some things aren't talked about or mentioned. However, let it be known, sometimes it's best to not know everything, or see everything.

Oh, to answer if you can support troops but not support the war, of course. Just keep in mind, there are a lot of 4-6yr enlistees and the company grade officers who just want to get started in a trade, skill, or college, education, but come from hard backrounds and the military does offer a lot of benefits and education for the risks. Though, there are a lot whom serve and do believe in the ideals, and support the cause. I objected to it, but I dont blame the troops, I didn some some boxes to the APO though..... Soldiers don't start wars, politicians do.

Mosh

Offf topic, but I donate 100-200 signs to our locat VFW a year that say support out troops. In fact I aM ordering 50 more tomorrow fron firesprint in Omaha !!!!!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Offf topic, but I donate 100-200 signs to our locat VFW a year that say support out troops. In fact I aM ordering 50 more tomorrow fron firesprint in Omaha !!!!!

Good on you Mosh - supporting alternative lifestyle troops takes guts.....

:U Rock:

wayne k
guam usa

:wavingflag:

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing

Two guys (of our 8) here are Marine Veterans. We're happy to support this.

Jillbeans

My young cousin Brian is in Afghanistan.
I sent him a box last month and he was so pleased.
It's still incredibly easy to do this.

Tint Guru

I respectfully reply

What truly is sad, is the loss of life in the battlefield has been significantly reduced by modern medicine.

In WW2 if you lost a leg you were going to bleed to death. Not so in 2000.

I'm hoping that you read this post and consider how many parents have lost their childrens lives/limbs/legs...only to survive and live a long and very handicapped life.

Respectfully, I fully believe if I were thinking of going to war with my neighbor, I would do my best to make peace first, because war is a zero sum game. If your not familiar with a zero-sum, it's simple.

In order for me to gain, you must lose. and vice versa.

Any and all thinkers, I highly suggest reading the 'war prayer' by mark twain. CP

SD&F

I agree this is a great cause and we should all get involved. I was at Lackland last week and those trainees there were amazingly hot and tired. I can only imagine what the guys everywhere else are having to deal with for us.