• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

T mobile poor customer service

AUTO-FX

I have issues with my T mobile service and their poor customer service. About 2 months ago, my calls started being dropped when ever I attempt to use my phone at my residence. I put up with it for about a month as it was intermittent, then called support. They claimed it was my phone and replaced it.
The problem persists, and all they can say is "dont worry, our engineers are working on it"
Dont worry? The problem is worsening!
I cant have conversation on my phone , at my residence , without calling the person back 3 or 4 times!
I am being strung along. I have called multiple times on this. I just got off the phone with an offshore operator who was clearly follwing a script . I kindly asked that, in light of my ongoing issues, can someone please let me out of my contract and i will go to another carrier. That is when I was told not to worry.

Does anyone have any advice on who to call or what to say to these people?

I refuse to pay 200$ because THEIR service sucks, but I just may have to. God help them if I do have to pay - I will advertise they're crummy customer service every chance I get!

THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING MY RANT!

I do feel a little better.....:Big Laugh

AUTO-FX

I just got through to a supervisor, and they flat out refuse to let me out of my contract. For a problem on THEIR end. The excuse is - and I am sure this is in fine print somewhere - that "there is no guarantee of cell phone service"

What other business IN THE WORLD can provide a service that they technically dont have to provide, and collect your money, and the consumer has no recourse.
My fault for signing a contract.

AUTO-FX

I'm off to the ATT store is guess.

Virgin looks interesting, but can you port a number out to a pay as you go service?

petepaz

i have had verizon for the last 15 years with very few small problems. from what i hear from others with their services i am way ahead of the game. they can be a little more expensive but if you need to make calls and you can't it's worht the extra.
my verizon= dsl service, home phone, 5 cell phones (4 of which have data packages/internet unlmt-pic,text & internet) $407 per month

Craig Sjoquist

lol Ya git wha ya pa 4
I use Verizon since they were Primeco...very few drop calls or problems all where in the 1st few years.

I use Virgin for wi-fi seems ok problems have also been corrected.

Has friend using Virgin seems ok few drop calls but no garble or static.

AT & T people not to happy with around here but some places it is great.

T-Mobile a friend had seem to be ok but really did not use it much

Spirnt not heard how good or Boost we also have Metro PC drop calls alot There is one more that is new that has 4g forgot name but coverage is small.

tcorn1965

Virgin looks interesting, but can you port a number out to a pay as you go service?

I have ATT with the iphone and the service SUCKS! Same problem you are experiencing, at home or work it can be a crap shoot on getting a call through, I have missed more calls than I can count. Go Verizon.

cdiesel

We had T-mobile for about ten years.. no problems at all until I bought a G1. With that phone I'd drop at least 3-4 calls a day. Switched to a Blackberry and no problems at all. We now have a company plan with Verizon and have no issues to speak of.

Techman

I had sprint for over a decade. Limited service areas and dropped calls and often not a call but a voice message..

Switched to verizon and it is a much better service. Very happy with it.

TheSnowman

You guys DO get that you don't get coverage EVERYWHERE with any company right? They all suck. Some people just live next to a tower, and some don't.

Techman

You guys DO get that you don't get coverage EVERYWHERE

Look at teh coverage map for sprint.
Then look at verison

You will see first hand for sprint. There is a dark red and a light red. The dark red is coverage. The light red (or whatever color they are using now) is maybe coverage. Even with the maybe coverage it is very limited. I had sprint and found myself without coverage or forced to use high cost roaming even in places that showed full red.

Verizon map is almost full coverage. I have never found a place that is not covered. That includes the remote areas of Indiana, Michigan, Indiana, Florida, Louisiana etc.

njshorts

same problem... if att would be the solution, you'd be roaming on an att tower and wouldnt have the problem in the first place.

go test out sprint- switched to em a year ago, no complaints. as a bonus, roaming on verizon's network is free... so you get sprint's prices with both networks. win-win.

AUTO-FX

You guys DO get that you don't get coverage EVERYWHERE with any company right? They all suck. Some people just live next to a tower, and some don't.

Of course. But I started out with GREAT service around my home. 5 bars. I dont know why, but it steadily degraded. They even ADMITTED there was a known problem area, and told me I was on the fringe of it. My phone would randomly go from 5 bars to 1 and cut out. I would intentionally stand still in front of the big livingroom window while using my phone.

They have no intention of fixing the problem. They are just banking on people paying either way.

"Deposit Please"

Unreal.....I have the exact same problem with tmobile. In fact, i received a $200 cancellation fee today from tmobile. They've been harassing me every day for the last 3 weeks to get me back as a customer, but I had enough. If you're considering a class action lawsuit, count me in! I"m certain we are not alone.

WildWestDesigns

I know a guy that had tmobile for his business. He liked the phone, hated the service.

We had sprint for a very long time, but switched to Verizon a few years back. No issues with coverage and we go off in the sticks for some of the horse shows that I go to.

Verizon would be my first choice, sprint would be my next choice.