• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

take-up reel

signwizz

looking at buying a take up reel i have a supplier that has one ,what is the average price for these,theirs is $570 seems pretty high just to hold media lmk
thanx shane

trakers

For the VJ-1304 they claim it is an $1800 item.

We have one and I'd peg it as really having a retail value of about $399.

There is not much to it that should cost a lot. The satin finish aluminum roller being the fanciest part.

If we ran a load of long prints it would be very useful though, but since we don't, it is more for show that anything.

Off topic a bit, but in looking up the retail on the takeup I see Feller's has raised the price of the 1304 back up a grand. For a change I guess we bought at just the right time.

Depends on if it is a TUC-1 or TUC-2 there are two different types the #2 like replicator's VP.

I am guessing its a #1 b/c it doesnt use tension to take up it only has a sensor eye and a reflector. Not the best engineering scheme but this unit has to be used with the soljet, soljetII, and SP versacamms also used with the cj,fj series.

Anyways you wont find a new TUC-1 they arent made anymore and all are refurb's the price in which you refer to $570 is around the right price.

signwizz

he said its one of theirs and its new here is a pic

Attachments

• DSCF1047.jpg
    DSCF1047.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0092.jpg
    IMAG0092.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMAG0094.jpg
    IMAG0094.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 86
Wow that is way different must be aftermarket? I know it definetly isnt made by roland.

Were are you from U.S.? this is interesting I am not saying it doesnt work b/c it looks like it would and actually it is made like a mimaki take up unit but still its different.

Can you tell me if its roland product???

mac_man_luke

take up unit is the best money spent ever!

even just printing a few hundred decals or a couple of posters will drag on the ground pretty quickly without it

Tim Aucoin

signwizz... I'd be very interested in where this supplier is. I desperately need a take-up reel and would gladly spend 600 bucks to get one! I knew there was an after-market one coming out this summer... just didn't know who would be carrying it. My local guy doesn't seem to carry them yet...

mgieske

Looks like the pictured one doesn't have a tension limiting bar like the Roland brand unit. I'd ask to see a demo in person. I'm sure there's a reason for the bar. I think it limits the pull against the machine & the media.

I couldn't live without my takeup reel. Even $1k is cheap for the convenience.

I would assume that the unit is built for 220 power if it comes from the UK. It has European certification (CE), but I saw no mention of UL certs.

Tim Aucoin

You can find it at takeupdevice.com

I think they are in the UK?

I've got one of these on the way (with power converter from 220 to 110!!). Spoke at length with this company and sounds like they make a great product for a reasonable price. I'm in desperate need of a take-up, as I'm "babysitting" my printer far too much!!

I'll post here again and let you all know how this works!! :thumb:

I went to the website and watched the demo video. It looks impresive, but I think they are missing the boat here. They need to sell the speed upgrade they have on their machine.

Graphics2u

I'm sure there's a reason for the bar. I think it limits the pull against the machine & the media.

I couldn't live without my takeup reel. Even $1k is cheap for the convenience.
I don't know what the tension bars do, but I've had 2 mutoh's and neither has had any kind of a tension bar, but the Valuejets look like they have some sort of extra bar.

This unit looks like it works similarly to both of mine. just a electronic eye that turns it on momentarily and wraps it up.

And I can't imagine life without a take up reel! All you need is for a print to lay over itself on the floor once and stick to itself to realize how valueable they are!

grafixemporium

The tension bar lays against the back side of the print and takes up the slack. When the tension bar falls beyond a certain point, the roller kicks on and takes up a few inches of material. It's a great system really. I bought my take up when I bought the vp540. Can't even imagine running a productive shop without it.

Graphics2u

The tension bar lays against the back side of the print and takes up the slack. When the tension bar falls beyond a certain point, the roller kicks on and takes up a few inches of material. It's a great system really. I bought my take up when I bought the vp540. Can't even imagine running a productive shop without it.
So the tension bar is also like the switch to turn on the motor also? Correct?

After watching the video of this model it looks like it uses some type of slip clutch rather than an electric eye. apparently the motor runs all the time it's on and it justs pulls the material until the clutch slips. I could see a few drawbacks to that but the price is definately right!

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Let's put it this way...if you Ever print anything longer than 4 feet
OR Want to make money while you eat, sleep, work on other stuff,etc
then I HIGHLY recommend a take up spool. I use mine EVERY SINGLE DAY.