• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Taking Wraps to its limits.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:iamwithstupid How in the world do I get dragged into these things ??

I watched the 'Three stooges' while growing up. In fact I met Moe Howard many years ago down in Philly. I had him sign a waiver back then that I could not be sued by any of his heirs cause I knew this argument would come up some day.

Nyuk.... nyuk.... nyuk.... nyuk.... nyuk.... nyuk.... wh-o-o-o-o-oah........

:iamwithstupid How in the world do I get dragged into these things ??

I watched the 'Three stooges' while growing up. In fact I met Moe Howard many years ago down in Philly. I had him sign a waiver back then that I could not be sued by any of his heirs cause I knew this argument would come up some day.
Nyuk.... nyuk.... nyuk.... nyuk.... nyuk.... nyuk.... wh-o-o-o-o-oah........

funny story but now you have to post up the prove or be labeled as a lair...

:peace!:

signage

I hope that signed waiver works when the Lawyers show up! Ignorance to the law is no excuse! What that signed waiver shows is that you had knowledge of the wrongful doings!

cptcorn

adad
I hope that signed waiver works when the Lawyers show up! Ignorance to the law is no excuse! What that signed waiver shows is that you had knowledge of the wrongful doings!

I have experience working at a sign shop that this happened to... It just proves that you knew you were doing something illegal... You get sued!...

Free or not, permission has not been granted. That artwork does not have a Creative Commons license to it.

What you do is your own decision, just make sure you're not being arrogant when you make that decision.

LindyM

I have experience working at a sign shop that this happened to... It just proves that you knew you were doing something illegal... You get sued!...

Free or not, permission has not been granted. That artwork does not have a Creative Commons license to it.

What you do is your own decision, just make sure you're not being arrogant when you make that decision.

Why don't you both start a thread on copyright where those that give a SH*T and comment and read it.

My thread was about wrapping a Valve cover not the art on it.

If I was a loser with nothing better to do I guess I too would troll the forums looking to point out who has reproduces copy written .

Wonder how many "professionals" on here goto Brandsoftheworld.com , defont.com for "free fonts.:omg2:

hydo1

LindyM, if you smell even a whiff of Old Spice... get the hell out of your shop! That means Stan Lee is here, and will be kicking your door down trying to recoup the $0 dollars he lost from your Incredible Hulk valve cover!

synergy_jim

More holier than thou BS.....

Lindy, while you did use images that are not yours, I do respect your ability and the application....

Don't mind the % of anal retentive folks around here.... They'll go home and hit the metamucil and things will be better tomorrow.

k.a.s.

I have to say that I agree with Lindy here, as a long time member of this site I grow weary of threads that go off the original questions b/c people have to be nosy. Not just copyright stuff but fequently someone asks a question, and certian people ignore the actual question and then ask the poster two or three questions that have nothing to do with the original one.

Is it illegal for him to use those logo's?? Yes! But if he does it and wants to take the risk it's no skin off my back.

I think this application could be useful to everyone, it does not have to have the superhero's, it could just be a design. I will be interested to know if this works long term.

Kevin

iSign

is it illegal to be a phuqinass about it because someone mentions his crime? NO!...

...but it's skin off all our backs when we ignore personal attacks around here... & if we are deprived of witnessing things like a valve cover wrap as a result... that's a trade off I can live with...

Bigdawg

Just Me
...I think this application could be useful to everyone, it does not have to have the superhero's, it could just be a design. I will be interested to know if this works long term.

I agree with ya' on that Kevin... just too bad he took away from that by using what he did for the design... no doubt he has wrapping skills but don't step into a professional forum and expect no one to comment on the blatent copyright infringement just cuz/ you told 'em not to...

cptcorn

adad
iSign has an excellent avatar... good ol' B&T Wooo!

What people have said was taken the wrong way. When people bring up copyright issues it usually means they're concerned about you and trying to point you in the right direction, not to be some copyright police... So if you want to take the advice in a negative light so be it, if you want to call people names and ask them to post up some real talent, you can leave... Everyone is learning here, some are more advanced than other sure, but I haven't seen any real talent posted up by yourself to be honest...

Talent (in my opinion) isn't something that is learned, what you have is a skill, what most people (including myself) have is skill, very few people here have talent, but those that do have it are not rubbing it in their faces demanding that others post real talent.

signmeup

Lindy, did you seriously expect that if you write instructions anyone is going to follow them?

I was wondering what the valve covers are made of and if you actually took a temperature reading off them.

Oh, and chill out dude.....you stuck a sticker on a valve cover. I'm not so sure that is a major display of talent. Have I done it? No. Wrapping a helmet looks way tougher to me though. (I haven't done that either.)

k.a.s.

is it illegal to be a phuqinass about it because someone mentions his crime? NO!...

...but it's skin off all our backs when we ignore personal attacks around here... & if we are deprived of witnessing things like a valve cover wrap as a result... that's a trade off I can live with...

I agree, I should have included that the "come back when you have some talent" comment was uncalled for. And Lindy should not have expected no one to comment, I just think some arguments (like copyright) get tired after a while.

Kevin

signmeup

Here's an amusing quote from another thread. Guess who said it. Can you guess? Go on....guess! (hint: his initials are LindyM)

"I think stock photos is a great investment and I explain to the customers why. I see google images all over where I live. Not only is it wrong because its stealing, but the quality is horrible!"

Last edited:

signage

If you look at this thread no one commented on his copyright infringement until he posted a second one! Looked to me like he thought it was legal to do that! Then he stated that he had them sign a waiver which doesn't free him from leagal actions so I pointed that out and he gets his panties in a wad!