• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Test Print means what?

cdiesel

The Roland colors have always printed grainy. I have no idea why but they do. If you need easily reproduceable results, print a pantone chart out, and just pick the color you want from that like you would using Roland colors. That'll give you the color control without the graininess.

Colin

Perhaps, but my issue isn't with "graininess", but those fine banding lines. They weren't there before (in the first year of use), so I suspect that there's something unwanted causing it, and something that can be fixed.

Those banding lines which show up in the machine's own test print I displayed earlier uses - I'm assuming - just K, so that is telling.

Colin

My rep was by a couple of weeks ago, and tried a few things (like drawing ink through the head), and did some info print-outs and sample prints and took them with him to discuss with Roland. Haven't heard back yet.

I asked if the K head could/should be replaced due to the fact that I haven't had a head-strike, and this problem started back when the machine was still in warranty. We shall see.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Thanks for the replies. I think I will wait until my Rep comes by within the next couple weeks. He will try a few other things I'm sure, and get into the service level that is only available to techs. In the mean time he's suggested that I try the old trick of soaking a lint-free piece of cloth, placing it over the caps, and then parking the heads on it for 1/2 hour or so. He's also conferring with Roland.

I mean asking a technician over will cost you hundreds of dollars. Why not just get a print head if you know how to swap it. Just a thought.