• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The one thing you appreciate most from signs 101

Sign_Boy

Simple... Everything the good the bad and yes OP LOL
You all rock. It's like a family that I never wanted hahahaha

Matt Cuellar

Graphix Groupies?

Ya, it's like the radio. You just have to be able to talk a smooth game. The girls here will never know how ugly you are since they can't see your face....well that was until someone had the brilliant idea to start the "Mug Shot" thread a few weeks ago. :smile:

coyote

Love being able to ask advice, give advice, say horrible, rotten things :)-but mostly I've been able to expand into an area of the business I would never have even thought about- digital printing (subbed out of course). I can offer my customers better prices and can keep up with what different areas of the country charge for product.

And I had somewhere to ask for help when I got my new plotter and couldn't figure out how to use it!

Someday, when I'm feeling brave, I'll post some photos of our latest ouvres.
Carol

Left Coast

Id say the thread where everyone was comparing wives.... nice!

Aside from that, a space where i can go and get honest critique and at the same time ask those questions that i just dont know the answers too. Great place to be Fred! well done!

Cheers

GP

I appreciate the tough questioning I received when I first came on here to fine tune my business plan and research equipment. I have to admit, I hated a lot of the responses. One or two fueled my desire to get going and prove something. Many made me wonder why I chose to change careers. But that is what I needed; a seedling of doubt, forcing me to really recheck my calculations and objectives; but most of all, my intentions.

Since than, I have learned a ton by examining real world problems - OR - more realistically, when I research my goofs, I realize they are common in the growing process and I can find real solutions.

Thank you all - I owe a lot to this forum and look forward to contributing when I can.

GP

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:glasses: :brittain: :peace!: :software:biggrin: :smile: :Canada: :unclesam: :Australia:Coffee: :Canada 2: :thumb: :Oops: :tongue: :signs101: :U Rock: :cool1: :Cool 2::wine-smi: :thankyou: :wink: :Welcome::design::thread:help: :rolleyes: :Big Laugh and of course............:beer :beer :beer :beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer

I like playing with the icons.....................

Raulrdz

I really look forward to signing on each day. Even though I have never met any of the members, it really feels like I have friends here. The ribbing, as I see it is part of breaks the monotony, yet when someone needs help everyone pulls through. This is a great site!!!!!!!!!:signs101:

Matt Cuellar

OK, I'll be serious. I'm not here for the girls.

This site has been such a great resource for me as a distributor. Not only to network and meet new shops and develop new relationships, but also to see how diverse the sign industry is. I've met some old-school hand painting shops along with some larger places to do some stuff that I only see in the tradeshow magazines. It's cool to learn new applications, tips, and tricks, and quite honestly just get away from the typical monotony that the day brings and BS with you all! It's made me into a better salesperson and has opened my eyes to what is possible in this industry. This is a great site!

The Sign Dude

With all that goes on and gets said its nice to really see how we all respect each other at the end of the day..or week. I think fred has come up with a great site and a large network of friends.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I am here because I cannot find out how to close the window...lol. I think at times most of us have that problem too. But seriouslly, there is not one thing that I can say more than the rest. One thing we can all agree on is if it was not for Fred, we probably would not have such a fun place to come to. For the most part he lets us talk the way we want. If we step out of line, then he releases one of the "attitude adjuster" Furbies to straighten you out.

Matt

P.S. Watch out for the pink furby, it bites...lol

violet.gif
GRRRRRRRRR

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Ditto!

I love the fact that this site even exists. I wish everyone would all meet at one of the shows.

During shows is hard. Everybody's busy and there at different times. Having regional meetings like the Letterhead meetings would make more sense and stand a better chance of success.

Pro Image

I anit got nothin better to do...................:Big Laugh

I get some inspiration from some of the designers here.....anit gona name no names.......lol

And If you really need help all you have to do is ask.........well most of the time......

theskipman_98

Really love the site for the helpfulness and the insite into the business. Like I ve said, had to learn a lot (trial by fire sorta), you all have helped to take the sting out of a lot of it by past posts and answering questions. Love browsing the artwork you all put out there for us to see, and I can't help thinking "maybe one day, I'll be that good."

As a special thanks for recent help to Fred for helping me out on a recent Edge problem I was having for a rush job : http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31047 By the way you were WAY faster than tech support! (still waiting on their call)
And to jiarby on how to make the folds on a rowmark plastic project (the boss didn't go for buying that heatbox :( )

And even though sometimes I thought it was a little to the extreme, some of the "enemy today- freind tomarrow" are a trip to read

:thankyou::signs101:

Lunatic Taskbar

I love this place for the comerardery (spelling) we are all to one point or another in the same boat. And beng all in the same boat (this industry we call sign), we all have a link one was or another, and even when people are being mean, they are generally helping on one way. most of the answers we get on here are when you cut through the crap, are excellent. It allows newbys to grow and they can see what they need to aim for. It allows their "bar" to be raised and there is also the chance that old dogs may also learn new tricks. I remember someone being in the game for years and not knowing or not thinking of doing a center hinge. they learnt from that. some things are simple - some not so. But as a repository of information I think its second to none.

Thank you Fred and thank you all members.