Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Shop Truck

Discussion in 'Portfolio Board' started by tonywhittier, Feb 28, 2013.

1. tonywhittier

tonywhittier Member

Feb 5, 2009
    After many debates about the logo and the design...here is the finished product.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    Besides not being able to read your website, looks nice.

Logo would've looked nice white(not blue) on the side.

3. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    I gonna pops some tags...I only got $20 in my pocket.

4. xxaxx

xxaxx Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    Looks nice, except you cant read the website very well.

5. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    Great job! That'll turn some heads.

6. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    wow, that sure is something.

7. fmg

fmg Very Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Really nice.Well done.Even the paisley curtain design looks good.

8. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    I actually like it. Sure, the logo could have used a little tweaking and the back is a little busy but all in all I like it....and I hate almost every wrap I see.

The only thing that jumps out at me is the "stand out in a crowd" tagline. SignsNow uses "Stand out in a crowded world". You're a little close in my opinion but nobody outside the industry would notice that.

9. xxaxx

xxaxx Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    Jealous much? hehe jkjk

10. HulkSmash

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    Here's one of ours.

Matte Black with Like a Gloss Metallic Blue overlay print on top of the matte.
    A Real head turner, and trust me it is getting a ton of attention.

It's all about what's going to bring the business in. I see people taking pictures of the wrap as they're driving by daily.

Attached Files:

11. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    ...I like to say something positive that ya put much effort in.

I like the side graphic looks edgy & same with the Sharpy design look of the back.

Also KNOW you can do alot better..... Also expect to see it within 6 months.

PLEASE read ...Mike Stevens Mastering Layout 1st

12. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    Colorado....Very nice can see why they take pictures & gets you responses.

Note your eye goes to the main message...Note light color area on black then copy is light enough to be readable on color.

Only thing I see odd is that panel over back wheel ya lost the flow, if panel was mirrored front ya have better flow.

You sure have improved alot.

13. Marlene

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    ya, jealous, that's it. no, I was blessed with the gift of sight

14. HulkSmash

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    ^ huh?

15. tonywhittier

tonywhittier Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I'm gla you like it..that's what I was hoping for.........................................

16. Marlene

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    it was an answer to a crack at me. in the orginal thread, the design for this was posted and many suggestions were made as there are a ton of issues with the design, none were taken by the OP who went ahead and put this on his truck and still, has no clue as to what is wrong with it. he is happy and that is that, not much to do past that now. I posted "wow, that sure is something" as I rally thought that when I saw the finished wrap it would have the issues corrected and it would look nice, that didn't happen. it was my way of trying to be kind and not tell the OP that it is hidious, poorly composed, hard to read with black outlines on dark blue letters and messy looking. some like it so be it, jealous? not a chance

17. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    The picture taking guys - was it this guy?.....

wayne k
    guam usa

Attached Files:

18. tonywhittier

tonywhittier Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I took what people said into consideration and majority of if was about the logo which I said I wasn't changing...I'm sorry YOU don't like it and really could care less if MARLENE from signs101 likes it. Majority of the people like it minus some small stuff which can be fixed...I believe it's bed time in the nursing home so see ya :)

19. HulkSmash

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

ok i'm done.

20. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    If you never take criticism, you will never improve. You have a half a** layout, I'm sorry. What you DO have, is a good flow, good colors, and it does pop pretty good! But you're only halfway there, because your logo BUTCHERS the text very horribly. That style is cool and catchy, it just needs better execution.

Same goes for the back website. Making it blue, thumbs up. Making it THAT dark of a blue, thumbs down.

Overall bro, I think you need to take some criticism, and if you do, you could be cranking out some very sick stuff. Take your style and flair, work on the technicality of it, and I'd say you're golden.

That's my $0.02, and not given to you to make myself look good, but to hopefully help a bro out. Best of luck man.

21. xxaxx

xxaxx Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    Haha thats the right attitude ... Just wait til the phone calls start rolling in and see who was right.