• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Shop Truck

Marlene

Honestly, Marlene was sarcastic she she said wow that's something..

yes I was. I was disapointed in what I saw when the OP posted the finished wrap. it looked worse in real life then in the design stage. it was sad to see. and when I said, wow that is something, it was the reaction I had when I looked at it. it isn't a matter of differences in style it all comes down to the very basic knowledge of layout and design. Bob said it well as we all were earnestly trying to help you. posting Jill's site with "that's all I'm going to say"? really what was that about? take a good long look at your design and really, you think it is good? it looks like an example of what not to do and when people cared enough to try to help you, you turned on them and called them names. enjoy your wrap and I'm sure we will soon see threads from you whinning that all you get are calls for cheap stuff and price shoppers because that is the message you are sending. have a nice day

tonywhittier

yes I was. I was disapointed in what I saw when the OP posted the finished wrap. it looked worse in real life then in the design stage. it was sad to see. and when I said, wow that is something, it was the reaction I had when I looked at it. it isn't a matter of differences in style it all comes down to the very basic knowledge of layout and design. Bob said it well as we all were earnestly trying to help you. posting Jill's site with "that's all I'm going to say"? really what was that about? take a good long look at your design and really, you think it is good? it looks like an example of what not to do and when people cared enough to try to help you, you turned on them and called them names. enjoy your wrap and I'm sure we will soon see threads from you whinning that all you get are calls for cheap stuff and price shoppers because that is the message you are sending. have a nice day

But see your like the only person that has said the design is hideous...most people do like the design. Instead of trying to help which you clearly didn't you just bashed the design. I think what your forgetting is that we are in two totally different market areas. Maybe in Vermont this design would be considered hideous and cheesy looking, but here in Charlotte, NC in the heart of "NASCAR" this is what sells in my opinion. I respect your opinion and apologize for the earlier comments. Have a nice day as well!

Joe Diaz

I don't think the design is hideous, but I don't think the design is as good as it could have been either. You had some really great tips, not just opinions. You had the knowledge in hand on how to take this design to the next level and you choose to settle. That's your choice, it's just not one I would have made though.

I already stated in the last thread that the logo in this layout is the main anchor pulling this design down and stopping it from reaching greatness. The problem with that is it's going to have the same effect on all your marketing material. The funny thing is, all you have to do is just make some minor tweaks and it would be really powerful.

Like I said it's not hideous, but it is a disappointment when you consider what it could have been, because it's sooo close. I wish you luck though!

Marlene

I think you are totally missing the point. there are design skills and personal style. the trick is putting the two together. I've loved some designs posted on the site that were totally not anything I would personally like because the person put those skills into the design and it worked. the key is knowing how to compose a design and then putting your own style into it. you now have a sense yourself of what I am talking about as you said yourself the back needed to be redone the black outline on the dark blue didn't work. when I say is was horrid it is because of all the technical errors. there are just too many to ignore. you can do something that is directed at a market like NASCAR but do it with the skills of a designer and have a personal style. I don't think you did that. I think you used elements to fill space, not to enhance or convey a message. the copy doesn't have the look of being part of the design but shoved in in places like trying to put something into an area that is over stuffed. I really was bummed when I saw the finished design as it could have been better. you had advice from some of the best designers on the site and I thought you could do better but just pounded out what you like, not a design there's a difference and it is knowing that that makes or breaks a design.

GP

Here's one of ours.

Matte Black with Like a Gloss Metallic Blue overlay print on top of the matte.
A Real head turner, and trust me it is getting a ton of attention.

It's all about what's going to bring the business in. I see people taking pictures of the wrap as they're driving by daily.

Damn Colorado - that is sweet.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Personally, I really like the color combination.

Other than that, the placement of many of the elements look like you tried to figure out where you could squeeze them in and get them somewhat large, without any regards to how the overall flow is. The paisley didn't turn out near as good as I thought it would. For me, that's a bummer. Working on your logo, well to me, that's a personal preference thing. There's no right or wrong. Just what you have to look at each and every day.

My biggest beef with the overall appearance is that everything.... and I mean everything.... is in the foreground, which tends to be overload on the viewer's eye. You have no background components, therefore your eye gets tired almost instantly due to the amount you see in less than a second. You don't know what to look at or where to look next. The amount of tension built in with your composition style is on a level of someone being engulfed by flames. You're really on fire all at once. If you had chosen some warm colors, this thing would never work. Blue is a very soothing color and for that, you have a chance of turning heads, but not always for the right reason.

Anyway, like they say..... ya gotta start somewhere. :thumb:

As for all the arguing and name calling, see.... we ALL do it. :popcorn: