• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Shop Truck

tonywhittier

I take criticism very well actually and appreciate all the input people have...but I see it time and time again on this forum. Some people made it clear that they hated it and of course some will as it's not like every other wrap. As far as getting work it's only been on the road a day and already has landed me a job so apparently it's working. Again I appreciate what people have to say...just gotta put my .02 in every now and then

Marlene

you know, there have been many threads with designs posted and the OP has taken the suggestions and re-worked in their own style and have come up with designs that are great. you are not one of those guys. you love what you did so there isn't much hope as you don't have the very basic sense of how to compose a design. why did you bother to even post what you had in mind to do? did you just want a pat on the back for a job well done? have a nice day

tonywhittier

I've posted plenty of designs and if you back and see I started with one and went in a completely different direction after feedback on here. You however just plain hate it and that's fine that you do I respect that. I on the other hand like if and majority of the people do.....I can't please everyone

jkdbjj

Was this what you needed that stuff for Tony? Glad it worked out. Good luck with the vehicle, stop by again sometime.

tsgstl

Like what some have said with dark text with dark outline.
I don't like the no hood wrap. Either wrap the hood or contour it at the end of the graphic. It will always have a unfinished look the way it sits. I would have opted for a site on the side.
The back is a perfect example of why I lay most of my text after the wrap. The web addy is way crooked and would bug the heck out of me every time I saw it.

All in all I think it appeals to a part of the market that digs this. 20-30 gear heads. I have no doubt this will land you jobs no matter what some of us in the biz think.

Edit: your response to Marlene was tacky and uncalled for

tonywhittier

Like what some have said with dark text with dark outline.
I don't like the no hood wrap. Either wrap the hood or contour it at the end of the graphic. It will always have a unfinished look the way it sits. I would have opted for a site on the side.
The back is a perfect example of why I lay most of my text after the wrap. The web addy is way crooked and would bug the heck out of me every time I saw it.

All in all I think it appeals to a part of the market that digs this. 20-30 gear heads. I have no doubt this will land you jobs no matter what some of us in the biz think.

I agree 100% on the back and have already started the working the design as it did come out crooked because of the door handle...the back design looked better on the layout but didn't come out how I wanted it too on the vehicle...but ya live and ya learn

401Graphics

I also dont like the website with the blue text. I didnt even notice the website until I went back to the pic to look again after reading complaints about it.

Pat Whatley

Too many people thinking about design from the standpoint of impressing other designers. Design to impress the people who will potentially pay you. If your design is working for you, and you're making money because of it, then why care what anyone else thinks?

CP Signs

I agree with Pat. Where I am it doesn't take much too impress the town folks and your truck would bring a lot of attention.

Jillbeans

The execution looks OK but as has been said to death BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
(which is how I think you read any and all tweak suggestions to the design, perhaps in a Charlie Brown teacher voice)
I think your response towards Marlene is classless, kinda like your logo, have a nice life.
*ignore list*

SignManiac

The overall design has got attention getting appeal and could have been perfect. However you missed the mark on execution by ignoring a lot of great advice that would have tweaked your design to perfection.

Classic case of wanting praise regardless of the truth. Attention all newbies would be a good read for you. I just don't get settling for good enough as is? Goes against everything about building a great business on pride, quality and reputation.

And nobody is ganging up on you. They were all trying to earnestly help you.

HulkSmash

The execution looks OK but as has been said to death BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
(which is how I think you read any and all tweak suggestions to the design, perhaps in a Charlie Brown teacher voice)
I think your response towards Marlene is classless, kinda like your logo, have a nice life.
*ignore list*

Hold on. I'm not taking sides here, but if I recall, Marlene was being sarcastic and rude in the same manner. Which doesn't really phase me, but his response was just a reaction to what was said. The fact you said "ignore list" is almost as classless.

As for his logo, it could use some minor tweaking, but he specifically said he wasn't changing it, and asked people to focus on the wrap more then the logo... besides his logo is possibly better then about 89% of the people who are on this site.

just sayin.

tsgstl

Hold on. I'm not taking sides here, but if I recall, Marlene was being sarcastic and rude in the same manner.

I believe it's bed time in the nursing home so see ya

does not equal

it was my way of trying to be kind and not tell the OP that it is hidious, poorly composed, hard to read with black outlines on dark blue letters and messy looking.

Saying Jill is "almost as classless" coming from you explains a lot. Giving someone their honest opinion is a far cry from personally attacking someone based on appearance.

HulkSmash

I believe it's bed time in the nursing home so see ya

does not equal

it was my way of trying to be kind and not tell the OP that it is hidious, poorly composed, hard to read with black outlines on dark blue letters and messy looking.

Saying Jill is "almost as classless" coming from you explains a lot. Giving someone their honest opinion is a far cry from personally attacking someone based on appearance.

oh no, I've been explained.

Honestly, Marlene was sarcastic she she said wow that's something..

and if you're going to block someone - telling them is just going to cause more drama.

This site is getting dumb, people like to throw stones, but when they're thrown back, all hell is unleashed.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Which is why you won't see me sticking photos of stuff on here and asking everyone's opinion. It's just begging for drama. Posting photos is one thing. Asking for opinions is another because by golly...everyone's got an opinion and there are only so many ways of telling someone you don't like their work without being rude. But hay...he asked...soo...