• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

There here....

trakers

Sad when a guy gets excited over a dang printer. But I am. :rolleyes:
Hope I still feel this good about it a couple years from now.

Attachments

• hbd.jpg
    hbd.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 98

petepaz

nice
i remember my first days
good times
still good times to this day because
as long as those printers are running that = $$$$$$$

briderx

Heard digital printers are best left in the boxes.. :)

You have nothing to be worried about, we all get that way about things.. Looking back, I tore open my new fish finder last year while sitting in the parking lot of the store I bought it from..

SignManiac

Congrats on the new printer. Printing is as close to counterfeiting as you can get!

I'm still in complete awe of my new Iphone. I swore I would never need it but as a business tool I couldn't imagine being without it.

Voice controlled google search internet in your pocket. My entire sign portfolio at my finger tips. 4,000 songs. Accurate live GPS of every golf course in my area. Every single outlook contact in my pocket. Up to the minute email no matter where I'm at.

And best of all 100 hot lingerie models to enjoy when ever I get bored! Now if I can only get this iphone to print wide format!

Craig Sjoquist

wow those boxes look good ..bet they stack up nicely geee and so many too ...
I still enjoy getting a new brush
... 2 weeks ago I got a refurbished laptop .. last year said no way will I, what a waste of good money, lol
... got friends that would buy a computer a couple of years ago lol now they email

wow this new age is fun ...

trakers

Yes in 2 WEEKS though they are coming for install/training. I have it all mounted on the stand and ready to go. They say this is the busiest they have ever been training wise.

AAMOF the printer shipped directly from Mutoh because the vendor had no stock to ship.

I imagine selling the thing now for $4K less than it is listed in their Fall 2008 catalog has something to do with it. It dropped $1K just a few days ago and you still get the 2nd year warranty. Of course now that I have one I hope they go back up instead of down even more.

Thanks for the link.

poslive

If you can wait 2 weeks before firing that puppy up you're a better man than me.
Congrats on the new toy!:toasting:

Jim Doggett

Yeah; seems like a lot of delayed satisfaction. Maybe you can get them on the phone to walk you through setup ... albeit it might be a manpower issue. In the current economy, a lot of non-revenue generating staff have been cut to the bare minimum and then some.

Good luck, and congrats! The prints are amazing with Mutoh's Wave Printing ... and stupid fast. Maybe two weeks isn't a killer. You'll catch up fast.

Best,

Jim

anotherdog

It would drive me nuts having to wait.
Congrats on the new baby. Now you just have to feed it and empty its drain bottle.

joeutut

I am looking at that same printer. Its a toss up between Muthoh 1304 & Roland RS series 54"
What made you go with that particular one over the others?

and Good luck, have fun

trakers

Waiting the 2 weeks sucks and I could fire it up myself, however by letting them take care of it “cradle to grave” so to speak the full responsibility then sits in their lap, so I’ll wait.

In as far as getting caught up, little shop here so that is not an issue. I do actually have one customer waiting for it to go live.
Mutoh over Roland, my reason? None that really jump out. To be honest I didn’t even really look at Roland. My primary supply vendor, Fellers, carries the Mutoh.

I researched the sh*t out of the 1304 and came to the conclusion that is appears to be a high-quality, solid machine. If anything pushed me over the edge it would have been the onsite setup and training and supplies bundle that Fellers offers. In combination with the no charge 2nd year onsite warranty Mutoh is currently offering made it a pretty good buy I think. When Fellers lowered the price another $1,000 this month, that didn’t hurt either.

I received quotes from two other prominent vendors.

Vendor #1 was charging $2,300 more, had double the shipping cost and was offering $1,000 less in included supplies. They offered training but I had to spend another $1,000 in transportation and lodging to take advantage of their training.

Vendor #2 was $3,000 higher, also has double the shipping cost and was offering $800 less in included supplies. They also offered no installation or training of any kind.

I spoke with the Fellers tech support folks a couple times. I was impressed with their knowledge. Once the salesman had made the sale you sometimes expect things to go downhill. Gary Hunt, the Equipment Manager at Fellers is outstanding. He is a genuine fella and answered all my questions sincerely.

Probably the only negative so far is the cost of future replacement items. It just really smokes my gourd that Fellers charges, for instance, $32 for 5 little sponges. WTF is up with that??

I am looking at that same printer. Its a toss up between Muthoh 1304 & Roland RS series 54"
What made you go with that particular one over the others?

and Good luck, have fun

joeutut

Thsi si what my Fellers Rep sent me for a quote: is it any different than yours?

1 MUTOH 1304 VALUEJET 54" PRINTER $14,595.00
1 SEAL 54 BASE LAMINATOR $7,700.00
1 GRAPHTEC FC8000 MK2 54" PLOTTER $5,300.00
4 CLEANING CARTRIDGES FREE
2 SETS OF 4 COLORS 220ML INKS FREE
1 CLEANING KIT FREE
1 WASATCH RIP - FELLERS EDITION FREE
1 MEDIA START UP PACKAGE FREE
1 INSTALL & ONSITE TRAINING FREE
1 2nd Year Manf Warranity FREE

This is the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger:
Today on msn.com - "Obama says it will be a long recovery"

I wish he would keep that to himself

trakers

I swear she is whispering to me now. I named her Rachel. Her coming out party is in 9 days.

Attachments

• whisper.jpg
    whisper.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 94