• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

There, They're, Their

player

Look over THERE.
THERE is a way to do this.

Have you seen them? THEY'RE over here.
THEY'RE going to have to pay full price.

That's THEIR problem.
I am driving them back to THEIR house.

I hope this helps clear things up.

netsol

3 things are going on here

(1) our schools, which have been turned over to illiterates to begin with, have confused their mission statement. when NYC closed the schools, everyone asked "how will the children get their 2 meals a day.

(2) horrible spell check programs CORRECTLY SPELL THE WRONG WORD

(3) people use "Bixby" and whatever the IOS program for voice recognition is. the questionable accomplishment of the software development teams

netsol

3 things are going on here

(1) our schools, which have been turned over to illiterates to begin with, have confused their mission statement. when NYC closed the schools, everyone asked "how will the children get their 2 meals a day.

(2) horrible spell check programs CORRECTLY SPELL THE WRONG WORD

(3) people use "Bixby" and whatever the IOS program for voice recognition is. the questionable accomplishment of the software development teams is never more evident than "there, they're & their

Johnny Best

There, there, there, it's going to be alright. Relax, we have been stuck inside for awhile and it will be over soon. See, I looked and there is no Boogyman under your bed.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's nice to see someone care about this problem, since we are afterall, communicators..... it would be nice if we could communicate with each other. However, trying to figure out what people are asking, saying or thinking is just as much fun as the people,writing this crap, cause most of the time, they can't make a sentence, so what's it really matter ??

neutrinocv

People who can't spell right should have a green light pass through them or be injected with disinfectant; that would bring them back to decent litteracy...

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Yall realise some of us are on this site with our phone and do talk to text? I don't put much affort into making shore it does types things correctly. Sometimes I see an error and figure, "We'll theyel get the gyest of it." Its the internet, I don't give a fuck its perfect. Sometimes it takes my accent and litterer type what I said, like "wanna". It has a mind of its own.

John Miller

up next is your and you’re!
Don't forget to, two, & too. My wife is an high school English teacher and says some of her 9th grade students are reading on 4th & 5th grade levels. How are they allowed to graduate.
Definition of graduate: a person who has successfully completed a course of study or training.

neutrinocv

Yall realise some of us are on this site with our phone and do talk to text? I don't put much affort into making shore it does types things correctly. Sometimes I see an error and figure, "We'll theyel get the gyest of it." Its the internet, I don't give a **** its perfect. Sometimes it takes my accent and litterer type what I said, like "wanna". It has a mind of its own.
Just pass your phone under a green light and inject it with disinfectant; that solves any problem apparently. In the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding, the father of the bride was using Windex... I guess that would work as well !!!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
That a native English speaker is confused by there/they're/their, to/too/two, or a host of other curiosities of the language is prima facie evidence that they're a semi-literate lout who has somehow learned not to make messes in the house.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Its informal casual writing. It isnt always about not knowing the difference, not everybody is ultra attentive when they type in conversational format. Not a big deal.