• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thick vinyl for stickers

chip

I'll try some of this Optima PromoPerm and let you guys know how it goes. It is priced much better than the Substance stuff.

Thanks for the ideas!

MCP486

It's priced better....because it isn't the same stuff. Totally different application, definitely not apples to apples.

skdave

I sell a 5 mil gloss for $0.12 a sq.ft that may work for that.
Just got the roll on Monday Josh. It prints very nicely and does not curl on the edges when we print a bleed. Thanks and looking forward to the skid shipment.

Bill Modzel

I'm just using the standard vinyl profile on my rip, (Poster Jet), and on my HP9000. Have had no color issues. Just keep the temps down to prevent head skids.

chip

Yep, I got it working with a standard profile as well. I guess I was just over-thinking it :p

It makes great stickers! Very textured and matte--- a cool look if that's what you're going for. Very rigid as well.

The backing paper is a much lower quality than the Substance material I tried--- but you get what you pay for!

The adhesive is "pressure sensitive" but it doesn't seem to require much pressure at all like standard vinyl. Lays down more like you'd expect a sticker to.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Just got the roll on Monday Josh. It prints very nicely and does not curl on the edges when we print a bleed. Thanks and looking forward to the skid shipment.

Right on glad you liked it, everyone who has gotten it has really enjoyed it.

gnatt66

Bigfish's 5mil is AWESOME for decals! got a roll this week. perfect stuff for this application and def an improvement from 3164.

try some!!!

rja360

Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone! I'm having a great deal of difficulty finding these products in sizes less than 54"--- I only have 30" printer. Does anyone have experience with "Substance Ultracurve 600LSE"? It seems to have all of the attributes I want for a reasonable price. A permanent adhesive such as this would not damage the surface it is applied to, correct? If it is calendared, it just might take some extra work to remove as the adhesive may separate from the vinyl?

This material works great......nice and thick and sticks good...you can also try arlon dpf800(?) which is pretty thick....

Sashatronics

I'll try some of this Optima PromoPerm and let you guys know how it goes. It is priced much better than the Substance stuff.

Thanks for the ideas!

So how did you guys like this stuff? Got epson gs6000 and looking to print on this vinyl. Any sample pics?

dtdm

I'm using the optima 6 mil.
Mixed results. Still haven't got it dialed in.
What temperature settings are you guys running?

Bill Modzel

Pretty low, I just printed 3, 32" x 48" prints a few minutes ago. Ran them at 38.
You have to start low when you do your first print to avoid tunneling of the vinyl. Once it's running you can tweak it up a few degrees.

boxerbay

does laminating right after and then kiss cut or cutting helps?

not a good idea trapping the solvent under the lam. it may de-laminate.
let the solvent air out before laminating or cutting it.

some media I found curls regardless like RTAPE vinyl efx metallic vinyl. after about three day - no lam - they just begin to curl off the backer.

dtdm

Okay, Just noticed the opti to curl around the edges!! YIKES! Its been 2 weeks and all the sudden. BAM!

Is this ink saturation? I'm worried about other jobs that I have printed now... I can't afford to reprint everything.

Thanks

Bill Modzel

Is it mounted or still on the backing paper?
I have prints around the shop on gatorfoam printed edge to edge. The only one I had an issue with had been sitting in front of a south facing window baking in the sun for months.