• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Think of it this way....

Andy D

Where do you find this stuff? No normal dermatologist or dr would ever get behind this. The only thing that has been shown is susnscreen showing up in the blood but they have not seen any negative effects from it. The damage and cancers that are caused from lack of sun protection are real and extremely common.
A lot of this far out conspiracy stuff is paying these people that make it a pile of money.
Are you always so sure of your opinion
that you make definitive statements without even looking into it?
No, it's not a conspiracy theory...
"When wearing sunscreen, you will absolutely prevent the synthesis of vitamin D -- even more so than you will prevent skin cancer," says Cedric Garland, DPH, professor of family and preventative medicine at the University of California at San Diego School of Medicine.

In this week's British Medical Journal, he writes that avoiding sun exposure is a bad strategy for overall cancer prevention. When weather permits, he recommends getting at least 10 to 15 minutes of sunlight each day on bare shoulders, arms, and legs -- without using sunscreen.

https://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/20031120/could-too-little-sun-cause-cancer?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/how-to-get-vitamin-d-from-sunlight/

Last edited:

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
It still is not definitive and doesnt mention anything about sunscreen causing deformities, depression or itself causing cancer. Its saying that it could explain them seeing low vitamin D levels in people. That also can be attributed to people working inside and not spending as much time outdoors now. Also diet is a huge factor. It also says to wear sunscreen and if youre concerned then take a vitamin D supplement.
Im not always sure on my opinions but have been reading on this stuff for a while because I wear sunscreen almost every day. Maybe I took what you said the wrong way but it seemed like you said doctors are now saying sunscreen is bad and dont use it because it causes cancer, deformities etc. Thats not what doctors and derms are saying.

Andy D

It still is not definitive and doesnt mention anything about sunscreen causing deformities, depression or itself causing cancer. Its saying that it could explain them seeing low vitamin D levels in people. That also can be attributed to people working inside and not spending as much time outdoors now. Also diet is a huge factor. It also says to wear sunscreen and if youre concerned then take a vitamin D supplement.
Im not always sure on my opinions but have been reading on this stuff for a while because I wear sunscreen almost every day. Maybe I took what you said the wrong way but it seemed like you said doctors are now saying sunscreen is bad and dont use it because it causes cancer, deformities etc. Thats not what doctors and derms are saying.

Who said it was the sunscreen itself?
What I said is; because the "experts"
told people to always wear sunscreen when outdoors, without even considering the unintended negative results, it is likely causing many adverse health problems.

Andy D

It's the same thing as when the experts told Americans to severely limit fats in the Seventies... What I have read is there is strong evidence a low fat diet harms your brain & is contributing to rising alzheimer cases. From what I understand, many physicians who deal with Alzheimer patients, are now putting them on diets with very high levels of fats..
Including the "unhealthy" animal fats.

Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
It is all relative to the situation you are in.
Having survived the virus in Wuhan, masking up and washing your hands might be way down on the priorities list as you are downstream from the 3G dam that appears to be moving closer to your village.

Notarealsignguy

It's the same thing as when the experts told Americans to severely limit fats in the Seventies... What I have read is there is strong evidence a low fat diet harms your brian & is contributing to rising alzheimer cases. From what I understand, many physicians who deal with Alzheimer patients, are now putting them on diets with very high levels of fats..
Including the "unhealthy" animal fats.
Yeah I feel like the low carb and keto diets will end up being in this same boat sometime in the future. My wife works in neurology and said she hasnt heard of that but I think that I read something similar at some point related to fats. It would seem that any off balance diet over the long term wouldnt be good for you. Portion control is the way to go.

visual800

Ill say this. Im not a mask wearer and I refuse to put one on. I think its stupid and pointless BUT if you love it and you feel like you need it then by all means wear your mask, I dont care.

Ive been to Lowes, 2 home depots, Publix with fiance and did not wear a mask and was not even questioned or asked to leave. IF masks are the magical fabric to not spreading this why the hell do we still have to stay 6' apart? How many of those Antifa idiots came down with Rona since their peaceful nationwide tour of destroying cities?

How come when all this happened we could go to Lowes and buy pine straw but not go to church? Nothing made sense during this whole list of rules and can and cannot do. Either shut it all down or open it all back up

rossmosh

Ill say this. Im not a mask wearer and I refuse to put one on. I think its stupid and pointless BUT if you love it and you feel like you need it then by all means wear your mask, I dont care.

Ive been to Lowes, 2 home depots, Publix with fiance and did not wear a mask and was not even questioned or asked to leave. IF masks are the magical fabric to not spreading this why the hell do we still have to stay 6' apart? How many of those Antifa idiots came down with Rona since their peaceful nationwide tour of destroying cities?

How come when all this happened we could go to Lowes and buy pine straw but not go to church? Nothing made sense during this whole list of rules and can and cannot do. Either shut it all down or open it all back up

And this sums up why we'll be one of the last countries to recover from Corona virus.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

There was a good video demonstrating what a cough looks like in mid air. Coughing without a mask can propel up to 18'. In fact most of the time the cough was just as strong at 6' as it is at 1'. When you wear a mask, it blows out in all directions and barley passes 2-3'.

Notarealsignguy

Its basic respect for others. Even if you dont believe it, its not always about you. You never know who has health conditions that make them susceptible to dying from this and many people are very scared. It could be someone on dialysis, in chemo or maybe their kid? They have to go out in public too which is extremely stressful and anxiety producing. It wont hurt you to put one on for someone else.
I curse a lot but if Im around children or someone that is very religious I watch my mouth. Yes I can cuss all I want, its not my problem that your kid is with you but its disrespectful. Same as a mask

Andy D

Yeah I feel like the low carb and keto diets will end up being in this same boat sometime in the future. My wife works in neurology and said she hasnt heard of that but I think that I read something similar at some point related to fats. It would seem that any off balance diet over the long term wouldnt be good for you. Portion control is the way to go.
It's not as conclusive..

"The brain thrives on a fat-rich, low-carbohydrate diet, which unfortunately is relatively uncommon in human populations today," he says. Carbohydrates typically thought of as healthy, even brown rice, 100 percent whole grain bread, or quinoa—mainstays of many of the most health-conscious kitchens—cause disorders like dementia, ADHD, chronic headaches, and Alzheimer’s, over a lifetime of consumption."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...lthy-diet-could-be-quietly-killing-your-brain

binki

I don't agree with your analysis. It is a static look at a point in time. It needs to be a dynamic analysis such as each infected person infects so many more per day. At that rate we are now talking about an order of magnitude. That is the discussion. It will take far less time to spread. If you want to get fancy then add in mutations to the virus, which it will do. Its job is to spread so it will adapt to that and not kill as many as fast because it can't spread if it kills too fast. Looking on the bright side, it mutates to be less deadly and spread faster. Our bodies will adapt, at least those that survive, and at some point it won't matter..... the problem will be solved either way.

Last edited:

ikarasu

I've learned you can't argue with idiots. You can try to show them the studies on how masks help, but some people are so dead set in their ways that they refuse to follow it.

Trump even started to wear masks and recommend them - And there are still people claiming the democrats forced trump to say it, or he only recommended it to mock them, etc.

theres just a certain type of people that believe the world is out to get them. I used to enjoy watching all the freakout videos of people crying how businesses are breaking the constitution. Now ive noticed they all seem to have a Camera handy... and they start recording before even being told to not wear a mask. It's all attention seekers.

Hopefully the majority of users wearing one helps you guys get things on track! And it's good to see business's stepping up even when cities don't. Mcdonalds, Walmart, Target, costco... etc. Hopefully we slow it down until a vaccine is made.

Johnny Best

Wearing masks, concerned about getting Covid. There are more important things out there to worry about. Taylor Swift just released a new album, Folklore!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
So I dont wear a mask IM THE REASON this disease will last forever, but no one mentions the rioters? Miles of rioters shoulder to shoulder for days tearing crap up?

And now there is this huge surge in America from young people. All I hear people in the media blaming it on is the Memorial Day July 4th holidays... guess it couldn't of been from all those rioting crowds.... no one wants to touch that subjet.

I will say, I was surprised to see the Cubs on yesterday and so many fans in the stadium... thought we weren't supposed to do that.