• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

thinking about going to the apple side

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Wow there are a lot of PC fanboys on here. I used to be one of them, But when I went to college and was forced onto a Mac I hated it. But now I don't think I could ever make a Windows system my daily driver again. Wanna know how many times I reset my Mac in the last year? 4 times and all for updates... It doesn't crash on me, it doesn't get insanely slow and I get 7 hours of battery life as advertised. I can't find a PC laptop out there that even comes close. Not to mention the well designed keyboard, giant trackpad, and magsafe connector. No PC maker puts half the love into a system that Apple puts in theirs and you have to pay for that. Not to mention the customer service, what PC manufacturer would overnight your system to the repair shop and then overnight it back to you? The longest I've waited for a repair in my history with Apple was 5 days and most of that was because of a snow storm... Heck they just replaced the logic board, battery and hard drive on my last Macbook Pro for free and it went out of warranty back in June. My first intel Mac had some issue with the USB ports and they tried twice to fix it, so when that didn't work rather then keep putting me through the repair process, they decided to upgrade me to a brand new Macbook Pro and all I had to do was pay for any upgrades I wanted. I've never dealt with a company that has customer service like Apple, that is something you have to factor into the price when you buy an Apple. You also have to think about the fact that Macs run windows now if you want and all you have to do is restart the system to switch, so really if something you do can't been done in OS X then just restart into windows and away you go. Bad mouth them all you want, but they are doing something right or their stock wouldn't have gone from $13 a share to $392 a share in less than 10 years...

No question that Apple makes nice hardware.

But, you say, you've waited up to five days for repairs?

My goodness, I've never waited for repairs on my PC. I do them myself. Because I can.

Sublimefly

No question that Apple makes nice hardware.

But, you say, you've waited up to five days for repairs?

My goodness, I've never waited for repairs on my PC. I do them myself. Because I can.

I'm not saying I don't have a windows box. Its a custom built system I use as an HTPC at home. But I don't bother repairing my Mac since they do it for free. Also when I say waiting for 5 days, I mean it took 5 days for them to repair and return the system from across the country. Also I hate working on Laptops.

oldgoatroper

I'm not saying I don't have a windows box. Its a custom built system I use as an HTPC at home. But I don't bother repairing my Mac since they do it for free. Also when I say waiting for 5 days, I mean it took 5 days for them to repair and return the system from across the country. Also I hate working on Laptops.

So, because you hate working on (repairing) laptops, this somehow translates into Macs are better?

Just asking...

I, myself, do not relish working on (repairing) laptops, either, but that has never led me to think that PCs are better than Macs...

oldgoatroper

Meh I could have gone back and edited that long thought, but this is a forum post not a novel...

Good attitude. You want people to read and understand what you say? Then organize it with the device called a paragraph, so it can be easily understood and absorbed.

Otherwise, people, including myself, will just gloss over or skip reading it entirely, making any of your points "mute".

Joe Diaz

Wow there are a lot of PC fanboys on here.

There is no such thing as "PC fanboys". Unless you are a fan of everything except one certain brand. Perhaps what you think is a PC fanboy is actually just someone that for what ever reason doesn't believe the mac hype. So technically they wouldn't be a fanboy of something, you could say there are a lot of anti-Mac fanboys. That would make more sense.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think this should settle it......

:rolleyes:

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• 461_30_Barack-Obama-using-his-Mac-and-Blackberry.jpeg
    461_30_Barack-Obama-using-his-Mac-and-Blackberry.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 98

Sublimefly

Okay point taken. I'm terrible with punctuation and organization of my thoughts.

Now I wouldn't really say Mac's are better and if I did say that I'm sorry. I don't know if better really works in a conversation about computer manufacturer choice. They are different and in some ways I personally like them more than say a Lenovo or Acer system. The OS is by far a better written piece of software, but that doesn't mean its the right choice for everyone. I mean come on, if your a computer lover how can you not like a Unix based OS? Its rock solid and I can't remember the last time I had an actual virus scare.

But Apple certainly has better customer service than any company I've ever dealt with in my life. The reason I tell people to buy a Mac usually is because once they do I know I'll rarely if ever have to troubleshoot that persons computer again.

Now all that aside what's up with people on here not being as helpful and instead just bashing each other back and forth so much lately? People used to politely point out grammar errors and such or design mistakes. Now it just feels like I'm on an old Digg page... I'm not saying everyone on here is like that, but there just seems to be more people on here getting out of hand and forgetting that their replying to an actual person.

racershawn

wow ... I have been out of town racing in the Snowball and then to the NASCAR banquet last week....Now i come back and everyone is pack on my first question... Well there is no dought that like... no love my iMac much more then my kick butt PC... I have slowly worked my way into it though... lots of info to swap over...and I need some help on a few things... anyone using Fusion? also i have some font isues/questions... could use the help of someone that has dne this already.... thank everyone!

2NinerNiner2

Yep, currently running the latest VMware Fusion 4.1.1 on my MacBook Pro.

I have 3 VMs at the moment: Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit which is the import from my Acer laptop, Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit, fresh, store-bought install and Ubuntu 11.04.

The majority of my work these days are FileMaker Pro databases so I need to have both Win and Mac platforms readily available.

Last edited: