• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thinking of buying the SignWarehouse Vehicle Wrap Kit

Don Mills

So, my company is considering buying the WRAPEXPRESS vehicle wrap kit, which is around $17k. It comes with the following...

Mutoh PrismJet VJ 48"
54" Q54 Vinyl Express Q-Series Cutter w/ARMS Registration Mark Sensor
54" EnduraLAM Laminator

We are not a vinyl company, but we want to use this equipment to provide promotional wraps. We will be wrapping ATV's, snowmobiles, motorcycles, not large vehicles. However we still would like to wrap our own vehicles, do interior & exterior vinyl work, banners, misc stickers, etc. So my questions are...

1) Are these 3 all quality machines?
2) Will they be suitable for our needs, specifically the 48" print width? Or will we be wanting more after we buy it?
3) Signwarehouse swears by the separate printer/cutter for efficiency. True?

Now as far as cost goes. Signwarehouse tells me it's going to cost about $2.00 a square foot to print these high quality, full color, laminated, durable outdoor wraps. Is that a true cost estimate?

Because these are promotional wraps (discounted or free), it's important we have an accurate materials cost prior to investing in this equipment. If our $2.00 sqft turns into $4.00, we'll be hurting. I believe she quoted me this for oracal orijet 3951 cast vinyl. Good stuff?

She also quoted me for....

Banners/Decals - $0.50 sqft
Indoor wall vinyl - $0.38 sqft
See through window vinyl - $1.09-$2.50 sqft

I just want to go into this fully informed, so any advice or info is appreciated.

we have bought the same package you are looking at. We have had several issues and trying to get technical help is like pulling teeth. I would to do over I would use a company that has a several year technical help assistance, and I would get a printer that prints and cuts your vinyl wrap not like I bought it is a huge problem dealing with trying to get everything lined up perfect it just doesn’t work as good as they say. Right now my printer is down and my cutter is down ( it needs a new board $800) mr printer is on its second maintenance station and we have had several issues printing ( like a new head , new dampers ,etc). Bottom line ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK .