• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Third Issue With Our L560

ironchef

You guys are making me regret buying the 570, just got the pre install checklist today. Working on getting an electrician to come hook us up

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jayhawksigns

You guys are making me regret buying the 570, just got the pre install checklist today. Working on getting an electrician to come hook us up

Just read the install guide and be sure your installer follows it, HP wrote it the way it is for a reason. And don't update the firmware before the inks and printheads are installed and be sure it's the right firmware for your printer.

Of course that'll only get you setup. There's a reason we kept with this printer though, it's great when it's not having it's gremlins.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

jayhawksigns

So, new printer is in. And we uncrated it per the instructions, basically. Since we have had issues with the stupid metal plate thing HP thinks was great for raising and lowering the printer, we just had two guys lift an end and someone else pull out the block. Example 1 of the stupid metal plate.
0303aac6437aca9147cdce30d88e4c06.jpg

Well, we were rolling it into a holding position in our lobby since there is absolutely no room for three of these in our print room and it seems like there was more foam on this unit then the other two. They update things so sure. Then I went back to our garage to move the crate out of the way and I saw this. Example 2 of the revised metal lifting thingy.
b86a43a25546508b0e4c5f4d115ad38e.jpg

Looks like HP must of wised up and fixed a few things with their crating of these guys. You can see in the first pic where the bolt literally walked itself off the plate. Waiting to hear when it will be setup, problem is I only have a day and a half left in the office this week and I honestly don't have time to have our production stopped to setup this unit.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

ironchef

Quick question, you had to buy the 3 liter inks right? What about the smaller 775ml ones? Those come included with the 570?

AKwrapguy

We just picked up two of the 570's and haven't really had any issues except a few error codes. Biggest thing to look out for is the heat setting to make sure the material doesn't bubble up on you. Other than that it's a work horse of a machine with great quality and color. As far as the inks you you do have to buy the 3 liter ink boxes but the other tanks come with it.

ironchef

Got it, thanks guys. I also read on another post here that a 360 was having issues with light color/gradients coming out grainy. Do you guys have the same issues?

jayhawksigns

The issue for the 5x0 is that they only have one LM/LC head. So at high speeds there is a chance of ink starvation in those colors. For me, all of my 8 pass or lower print modes are CMYK only. For the jobs I run at those speeds I have no problem with the output and honestly don't think that the prints are too grainy for use. If you want to get closer to photo quality then you probably want to print at a slower speed and have the light channels used, but then higher quality always comes at some cost.

dypinc

Got it, thanks guys. I also read on another post here that a 360 was having issues with light color/gradients coming out grainy. Do you guys have the same issues?

I couple things can cause that.

CMYK mode

Too high or too low Latex optimizer settings.

Lower passes.

Black generation in your profile for CMYKcm mode where black start is at 0 or low percentages. I like to use 30% if I want to avoid graininess.

ironchef

Awesome, I'll save all this info on a new hp latex notebook. It's my first latex, coming from the mimaki world

jayhawksigns

Awesome, I'll save all this info on a new hp latex notebook. It's my first latex, coming from the mimaki world

We did the same with our L25500. You are jumping to a far superior machine, and I don't miss the maintenance from our old JV3,

TomK

I couple things can cause that.

CMYK mode

Too high or too low Latex optimizer settings.

Lower passes.

Black generation in your profile for CMYKcm mode where black start is at 0 or low percentages. I like to use 30% if I want to avoid graininess.
How does this overcome the issue of the ink droplet size being 12 picoliters which is the cause of some of the grainy issues with lighter colors on the HP latex machines. This is not me saying this but HP senior techs saying this, just FYI.

dypinc

How does this overcome the issue of the ink droplet size being 12 picoliters which is the cause of some of the grainy issues with lighter colors on the HP latex machines. This is not me saying this but HP senior techs saying this, just FYI.

It doesn't but it overcomes all other cause short of media dot gain or lack there of.

ironchef

I'm confused with this poco liters thing. I saw a you tube video from hp saying that the latex printers can produce much smaller ink dots per Sq. Inch then a solvent

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
If you find yourself worrying about the 2 feet or so of material that is coming out of the machine you're not charging enough !!!!!!

No machine we have had in the past 14 years has this been an issue and when you are printing on $2200 rolls of 3M 680 CR reflective, every foot counts. At least for me anyways. I'm not too fond of tossing $14+ per linear foot of material in the garbage just cause...

Glad to hear some of ya'll are getting things worked out though. When your primary (or only) machine goes down that is really hard for a business like ours. Had that happen a few months back. Bad roll of 3M 180MC (had some edges that were mangled) caused a catastrophic jam that literally bunched up so much material under the head that it destroyed the head. That machine was down for over a week waiting on parts which hurt pretty bad. I think that is outstanding what BigFish said about them doing all the printing for one of their customers while the customers machine was down. That is some dealer support there!

ironchef

jayhawksigns

We have the new printer up and working. Went through all the paperwork that wasn't done the first time as well. Now to hammer it and see if everything keeps working like it should.

jayhawksigns

I *bleep* you not, it just happened again. Setup the printer up this morning, did one print while the tech was here (he's still in the area till tomorrow) and several calibrations. Got some files prepped to print this afternoon and went to start the first one and bam, same issue.

So either L560s just can't operate at our location or its something else. The one item that hasn't changed is also our RIP, Flexi.

euronymous

I used to work in a shop with a 360. Nonstop issues, when the boss told me he was buying a second HP i almost walked out lol. HP was always very prompt to try to help and get a tech out to us but the problems were seemingly infinite and by the time one issue was solved there were 3 more we were back on the phone about. Don't miss working with those things

dypinc

I *bleep* you not, it just happened again. Setup the printer up this morning, did one print while the tech was here (he's still in the area till tomorrow) and several calibrations. Got some files prepped to print this afternoon and went to start the first one and bam, same issue.

So either L560s just can't operate at our location or its something else. The one item that hasn't changed is also our RIP, Flexi.

You seem to have had many issues, so which one is it this time?