• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This makes me sick to my stomach

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Quite clever, they are. They're watching everything you say about them and using it against you.

This is..... ahh, was one of my points for years. You have to be careful what you say and quote here, because it can be used against you in 'Open Forums'.

I think they are great...... just lookie at what they did for me......

cheap banners.jpg

I'm sure they have written permission to use authorized use only logos that you can just click on for no extra cost.

I can only imagine that if they want to quote members here for their own advertisement push, it's only fair for anyone here to report their possible misuse of copyrighted materials and logos.

There was one on there of Marilyn Monroe, that I know has been around for a long time. I had to pay to use that particular picture many years ago. I highly doubt it suddenly became a freebie.

bayshore... I think you really stumbled onto a real fraud of a site.

Any takers on any odds how long this website will remain up and running after the authorities check into this ??​

Techman

This type of marketing does not work all that well.
Not to worry. This bizz model is proven not be the most effective. He may be getting work yes,, But not in the volum he could if the wording was different.

A

Aaron SDF

Every time someone comments, he changes his site for the better (minus the main ad page). We are helping him create a legal, and possibly more profitable site.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I do believe they are already scrabbling.

Lotsa damage control to take of............

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
HAhahahaha! And the Disney stuff is now gone! Shocker...

pops_blinking.gif
So is he. I just banned him. If for no other reason than copyright violation.

All Content Copyright © 2003 to 2010 Signs101.com. All rights reserved

There is a lesson here. Posting a thread such as this gets him a lot of new exposure which he is well aware of since he then entered the thread and stirred the pot.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Also worth mentioning that if this had been in the premium section... or even an NHB rant, he'd never have seen it to begin with...

SignosaurusRex

pops_blinking.gif

All Content Copyright © 2003 to 2010 Signs101.com. All rights reserved

There is a lesson here. Posting a thread such as this gets him a lot of new exposure which he is well aware of since he then entered the thread and stirred the pot.

:thumb:

Joe Diaz

Ooooo I hope they quote this on their ad:

One thing business owners should keep in mind when investing in their business's image (including purchasing signs and banners) is that paying too little is sometimes worst then paying too much.

Let me explain: When you pay too much but purchase a high quality product you might be out a few extra dollars, but a well made high quality product well quickly make up for that extra expense by going the distance and doing the job it was purchased to do for a longer period of time, and it will look better doing it.

On the flip side, when you pay too little, chances are the low costs are due to cheaper materials used to make that product. That product won't go the distance and can actually be less valuable then the material it was created with. This is why shops that sell low priced products never talk about service or quality.

Having the ability to design your own sign or banner may seem like a perk, but the same rules apply here. Professional sign designers design advertisements for a living. They do it every day. The eat, drink and sleep design. Their expertise is an extremely valuable tool. When you pay for their services you can be certain that the signs they design will reach more people and portray the correct message to your clients.

Your time is money. You can spend more time then it would take a professional to do the job right, but if you don't have the experience that these professionals do, you could damage your image which will cost you business far more than a high priced sign or banner.

In the business world your image is everything. The professionals know this and want to help you. Sure you can save money now by purchasing a lesser product, but wouldn't you rather have more business that would result from a professionally created advertising campaign for many years to come?

Remember you are buying a sign to get more business. What good is a sign if it can't accomplish that?

Some shops may try to convince you that their "competition" gripes about extremely low prices because they somehow want to overcharge for their services. But YOU know better. You know that the "competition" actually want's to spend the time needed to do the job right and build the best product they can. That is value.

Circleville Signs

Joe makes the best point in this thread - the site is question is a "design your own" site.

They aren't my competition. They are where I send all the morons who don't want to make use of the expertise that we bring to the table.

Ignore them - they will go away.

Craig Sjoquist

gees well it happened when vinyl came in ... they slammed us painters till there price was so low hand lettering was unprofitable , now you printers are getting hit with low ball prices, that vinyl will be to highly priced and a print will be very competitive that printers will start shutting doors,and it will not matter how much ya know, it will be who gets the job.

Of course the downside is businesses will fail, communities will fail. and all will cost us more.

The upside is when the low ballers fail, those who are the best will still be here

JR's

pops_blinking.gif

All Content Copyright © 2003 to 2010 Signs.com. All rights reserved

thanks Fred,
this stuff is still scary, it takes away bread and butter work, and you still have the customers that don't believe you that you have top of the line materials, layouts, and skills.

JR