• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This may be one of the "Noobiest" questions ever asked ;-)

BIGLETTERS

Do yourself a favour & save a pile of cash. Assuming you are in PC format get Corel 12 (For some reason even versions of Corel function much better than odd numbers) & get Sign Tools 3. The whole package should cost about $500 & will offer you simple installation, set up & very user friendly. Corel now has one of the best autotrace functions which you will frequently need & the set up & cut functions of Sign Tools 3 will match any of the higher priced dedicated programs.

Bogie

I've been using Corel since it came out.

Why?

Fast text manipulation. I usually don't "draw" with the thing, but if I'm throwing a logo together for someone, it's a killer app... And I've used darn near everything out there.

What do I hate? Quark...

dswanson

Do yourself a favour & save a pile of cash. Assuming you are in PC format get Corel 12 (For some reason even versions of Corel function much better than odd numbers).

I;ve been using Corel since version 5 X3 can not be compared to any of them it would be foolish to buy a older version

ignoredthoughts

my only grudge against Corel is the mousewheel zooming in and out instead of going up and down. I switch between Flexi and Corel a lot and manage to keep getting my boxers in a bunch having to use the scroll bars on the god forsaken program of Corel. I was born and raised on Adobe, will love it forever and ever, even if it cheats on me and tries to kill me when i'm older for my life insurance. Point being, my opinion on Corel is that it's like comparing Mac to PC(or even linux).... Yeah neat, user friendly.... but it's still like dealing with a retarded step-child. Not yours and NO FUN

StitchWerks

I have LXI Master and love it. It has been flawless so far. But I did purchase Corel X3 for additional uses. Corel X3's trace feature is awesome. I have found that a combination use of both seems to work great for me.
As far as upgrades with LXI, they don't seem to happen all that often and if you call SW they will tell you if the most recent update will help you at all. I thought the cost to update was in the couple hundred dollar range when I asked them.