• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts on this???

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyborn

"Blend in" was a comment to you about your short stay here in our community.
Quit trying to stand out, you already stand out as a freakin asshat, and nobody wants to help you. Get it?
...so I said blend in, chill out & shut up, because maybe you can learn to belong to a community. Otherwise we have no use for you, & besides, whatever it is you want, you will not get & you will leave anyway, unless you learn to get along with others. ...not that I got that all figger'd out either... but at least I'm workin' on it. You might want to work on it to!

Speaking of work, have you happened to notice that almost nobody on the planet has the amount of work they used to? This is a serious recession bub, and the lack of cash flowing around the world is cut waaaaay back... so don't puff yourself up too much with that ego of yours, thinking you found some elusive secret everyone else is too dumb to think of. Your business sense is naive & shallow.

The "work" you're getting is work we don't want anyway. A lot of us are spending more time on marketing this year. We could fill our days with busy work at factory wages, but I'd just go work for the man if i thought that made sense.

:goodpost:

Craig Sjoquist

Be fine for MENS barber shop, but a salon & tanning means to me women
I'd change the color of brown and font more deco fonts maybe

Jillbeans

I think the font is dated but not in a historic way, I used that a lot doing hand rendered mock-ups in art school in 1980.
You have stretched the name and the kerning is odd.
If they are HDU why outline them?
Everything is ran right out to the edges, there is no breathing room.
The "The" has too much importance.
The colors are kind of pukey together.
Using Hair in the name is enough, using it in the subcopy is redundant.
As are the outlines, which hurt rather than enhance contrast.
The square thingies in the corners look like the postage on a letter to nowhere.
Here's a quick suggestion.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 126

Marlene

the font is forced and crunched and doesn't work well with the large/small cap. the colors are nice. the band with the lettering looks nice. I like the little details in the corners.

Printhead

I don't like the red outlines. They serve no purpose and are tiring for the eye.
Also, don't distort your fonts. Try and find another font that will fit better in the space. Distorting fonts is a dire mistake, in my opinion.

my thoughts on this one.

my thoughts are MOSH YOU DO NOT DESERVE THE THOUGHTS OR HELP OF ANYONE ON THIS FORUM...

those are my thoughts and all the help i would offer

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Although no one here seems to have a liking or kindling for one of our newest members, we still have a member who is a legitimate sign shop and even though we don’t agree with any of his business procedures from pricing down to layout… why are we all flaming him for a simple question about design ??

Sure, we don’t have to do squat for him out in the ‘Peanut Gallery’, but that’s still no reason to punish the guy just because we don’t agree with him on anything.

There are quite a few people on here [and with more intelligence than administering], that are taking cheap shots at this guy, when in fact…. you could simply ignore him and move on. Adding fuel to this fire serves no one except him and as someone pointed out… that probably is one of his main goals…. ATTENTION…. but I think he sincerely tried to create a good post for a change and we just started beating him up because that’s what we do best and he reverted back to his old self.

Telling someone what to do or how to post is far smaller than someone defending themselves. The guy came in wrong… now let’s give him a chance to see how the rest of the place works and see if he can fit in. If not….. just ignore him. Let’s just be the bigger of the two in this party.

signguy 55

$1600 for a 3x 8 mdo sign with vinyl letters? Why didn't you just charge $1500 for the same type of sign, you'd have still gotten the job and it would have been a whole lot less work. There was no need to upsell.

JR's

Gino :thumb::thumb:
Isign what is a asshat. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

mosh the sign is crowding the borders a little.

JR

ddarlak

Go Bills!
why are we all flaming him for a simple question about design ??

maybe because we sense that this is really going nowhere except some twistewd little game mosh is playing.

he has started chit before where the entire thread was deleted, i'm assuming because the admins saw through his ruse

is this another one of the mosh games? probably...

Mosh

Thanks for all the help. Just met with the customer, it is a go. She decided to just do just vinyl on alumacore, so the final selling price $250.00

Gino you say the guy came in here 'wrong'..you are correct, but he has maintained the same tone since that moment.

You also say he is a legitimate sign company...one of the definitions of legitimate is lawful and by his own admission he is not.

Pat Whatley

Thanks for all the help. Just met with the customer, it is a go. She decided to just do just vinyl on alumacore, so the final selling price $250.00

What the hell? Vinyl on MDO is $1600....vinyl on a more expensive substrate is $250?

Status
Not open for further replies.