• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts on this???

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR's

You must not have liked my first suggestion.
Here's one more geared to a $250 budget.
Attached Thumbnails
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

where do I get a job application, yuck

JR

Charlie J

So you're a farmer with a sign-making hobby. And you pride yourself in undercutting your competition with stupidly low prices.

I've never met a farmer that I liked.

Mosh

Been making signs for 21 years, only started farming 5 years ago. I only own 790 acres so two weeks to plant in the spring and one week to harvest in the fall. So I guess farming is the hobby. We got 170 bus. per acre this year.

iSign

Been making signs for 21 years, only started farming 5 years ago. I only own 790 acres so two weeks to plant in the spring and one week to harvest in the fall. So I guess farming is the hobby. We got 170 bus. per acrea this year.

I I I I I I I I... oops, a chink in the armor.. he said "we" got 170 bus... hmm, must be the sugar momma maybe? or daddy? ... someone around there had some business sense... and we know who it ain't... we just don't know how much power he has to lose it all with his mad skillz

Mosh

Me and my wife and kids. 170 bushels of corn per acre. Corn is up to $5 per bushel so do the math on 790 acres.

signguy 55

Why don't you send us a pic of your menu, I mean sign pricing board. I would
LOVE to see that, hopefully you won't mind me making one for myself. I'm totally serious, instead of having to quote each job as custom and trying to upsell, I could just point out the cheapest and easiest way out.

10 jobs @ $50 = 1 custom / portfolio job @ $500. I understand you probably need to keep the employees busy.

Border

Hi, you all suck and you're stupid too. But I value your opinions and would like some help with this design so that I can try to lowball you out of business.

This is either total BS or a real display of the worst people skills ever.
Either way, your reasons for being here seem to be totally self-serving.
Maybe you're really just a disgruntled employee who's bent on giving that shop a bad name? "your" website already shows a sign for the Hair Factory in "your" portfolio...so if they are an existing customer, why were they out shopping for a much more expensive sign from someone else?

Yep, I call BS

signguy 55

Man, farmers down here have to work 52 weeks a year and then some. They would love to only have to work 3 weeks a year. What do farmers in the midwest do the other 49 weeks?

Mosh

New owners of the Hair place. As far as my menu I just use the Signcraft price guide to make my menu.

Mosh

Man, farmers down here have to work 52 weeks a year and then some. They would love to only have to work 3 weeks a year. What do farmers in the midwest do the other 49 weeks?

We grow corn. The only other thing is spraying in the summer, but I hire that out. Oh and turning on the irrigation when needed.
Not like feeding cows everyday or that type of farming.

the rest of the time I come on here, and make some signs.

If I didn't own several farms that would have been my income. Corn is up around $5 so I plan on making just under $175K.

jeez and you are bragging about how little you pay your mexicans....raking in the money like this you should be paying them all top dollar with a healthy benefits package to boot, happy employees will only make you more money.

it all makes sense to me now (not really but i'll play along) i know a sign company that by all appearances is 'professional' they collect all of the newest machinery, beautiful building and they operate consistently at a loss...his 'idea' is to collect all of the equipment he will ever need and then when the other well runs dry he has the sign business all stocked and equiped (as well as a paid off building in a prime location) to fall back on.

excuse me i have to run to the restroom and take a moshterd and wipe my cappy.

the only problem is that he has killed his local market with his low ball prices...maybe he read the same book as the Moshter...

OK Ginorino you gave him the benefit of the doubt and you're a good man for doing so...but look what it led to and in record time.

i'm not going to say Moshter is good for nothing because it wouldn't be true..because he sure is good for a laugh...and no Moshter we're not laughing with you we're laughing at you.

Marlene

your little girl's photos are really good. she has a good eye for composition and interesting content. I love the old barn photos and the flowers

Mosh

when the other well runs dry

I think there will always be a demand for corn.
Why are you guys so mean to me. I started this thread just wanting an opinion. Now I have to explain how I make a living to a bunch of complete strangers, only to get run down?

Circleville Signs

I think there will always be a demand for corn.
Why are you guys so mean to me. I started this thread just wanting an opinion. Now I have to explain how I make a living to a bunch of complete strangers, only to get run down?

I have pretty much stayed away from interacting with this assclown, but this last post I simply couldn't ignore.

So, as my grandad used to say "Here's the straight edge, boy".

Mosh, people are mean to you because you are one of those people who either as a) no ability to interact with others, and learn from past interactions or b)no DESIRE to do either of those things.

You call everyone here who charges a fair amount for their work "greedy". You constantly post ridiculously low prices in the public forum.
You talk about things that you KNOW NOTHING ABOUT, and anyone who DOES know anything about them can see that (i.e.-farming).
You have no desire to hear when people are trying to help you.
You obviously know it all.

THAT is why people are mean to you.

Also, NO, you do NOT have to tell anyone how you make a living. No one asked you, and no one cares. You DO tell people those things because you mistakenly believe that it will impress all of us.

It doesn't.

Gary

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Haha Dan, I do believe you’re correct on this one and EVERYBODY ELSE TOO !!
He’s probably taking us on a wild goose chase, but what I had written earlier doesn’t have to be limited to Mo here… this could go for all of the newbie posters that don’t know their way around and we brow beat them into leaving. Many people here don’t have a clue sometimes as to what they’re saying, but just jump on the band wagon and go along with the mob.

Mo tends to be genuine at what he does… I just won’t say what that specialty is. This guy has managed to hang himself in record time. The bit about farming could be true and I for one think it is….. but only because he could say he has ten thousand members in a Flea Circus and I’d have to believe him… or at least say I do.

Anyway, like I said, I don’t think we need to re-invent the method of introductions or asking questions down to a science…. but we could be more considerate of someone’s unknowing ways about signs101 and help show them around. If I’m no mistaken, this was just a hot issue a few days or a week ago and it continues to be a top seller here. Why don’t we give a new person 50 posts before we run ‘em out of Dodge. Giving someone the rope to do it on their own just works too fast for some.

Should we start a new thread on newbie etiquette ??. Or answering newbie etiquette ??​

Status
Not open for further replies.