• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts on this???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosh

let me guess you own it now....
No I just bought his tractor and a grain wagon at the sale.
The guy on the other side of him bought the land, only 80 acres and it is wymore soil (not too good)

The guy I bought out is still renting the place from me, and is still drunk every afternoon by 3.

Last edited:

BobM

I did buy the farm out that is next to us, does that count?
The guy was a drunk and was in over his head, so I bought him out for pennies on the dollar. I used to drink with him all the time so I guess I was part of his problem.

My daughter in our new tractor.

First: You bought the farm out................Then: You bought a tractor and something????at the auction of the farm you just bought out.........?????????????????

Mosh

The guy I bought out is still renting the place from me, and is still drunk every afternoon by 3.

Two different farms. I bought one farm and the other one, where Jim killed himself in a bin I got a tractor and a wagon.

Mosh

What is a Mosh Pit? Is that a dance they do at those acid metal show? If so I am down with that! I like the band Mountain Goats and a band called Iron & Wine. Not much Mosh Pitting there.

Jillbeans

Thank you tcorn.
I should have known better than to cast pearls before swine.
And Mosh, your callousness about your neighbor's suicide is far more disturbing than your stupidity about pricing, your cut-throat attitude toward your fellow sign makers, and your lack of design skill.
No wonder nobody here likes you.

BobM

Thank you tcorn.
And Mosh, your callousness about your neighbor's suicide is far more disturbing than your stupidity about pricing, your cut-throat attitude toward your fellow sign makers, and your lack of design skill.

:clapping: Thank you Jill.:goodpost:

Mosh

We were good friends. I used to stop over in his shed and have a beer 3-4 times a weeks with him. I guess I should have said something to him, but I guess I drink as much as him, and I don't have a problem.

Thank you tcorn.

thank you Jill..

love Dan :)

Mosh

I have never said anything bad about anyone on this site. Just cause I come on here, have a few drinks and post people get all bent out of shape. Look how my post have been twisted into a conversation about my friend who impailed himself cause he was embarrased he couldn't make a go of it farming his families place (that was in his family for 100 or so years.)

Makes me feels sad how I am being treated.

MachServTech

Moshing isn't fun for everyone, Pearl Jam doesn't like it too.

Attachments

• 450px-No_moshing.jpg
    450px-No_moshing.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 145

njsigns

If I didn't own several farms that would have been my income. Corn is up around $5 so I plan on making just under $175K.

Me and my wife and kids. 170 bushels of corn per acre. Corn is up to $5 per bushel so do the math on 790 acres.

I did the math - did you? 170 bushels of corn per acre @ 790 acres is 134,300 bushels @ $5 a bushel = $671,500 - you plan on making just under $175,000? What happens to the other $496,500? Is this why you grossly under charge on signs? Are you lacking basic math skills? If it's lost to operation costs, why bother?

I think you're lucky many of us don't possess the power of the "ban button".

Keep on keepin' on - :thumb:

Gene

Mosh

I did the math - did you? 170 bushels of corn per acre @ 790 acres is 134,300 bushels @ $5 a bushel = $671,500 - you plan on making just under $175,000? What happens to the other $496,500? Is this why you grossly under charge on signs? Are you lacking basic math skills? If it's lost to operation costs, why bother?

I think you're lucky many of us don't possess the power of the "ban button".

Keep on keepin' on - :thumb:

Gene

I have property to pay for, taxes, a $250K combine to pay for, seed corn, fuel, all the chemicals we put on. We end up with about $175K left when it is all done.

We have 790 acres and paid $5,400 an acre for most of them. Do the math on that. That is where the rest goes to.

SignManiac

Mosh has the thickest skin of anyone who has ever participated on this site. Reminds me of one of those inflatable clown punching bags, knock him over and he comes right back up!

njsigns

I have property to pay for, taxes, a $250K combine to pay for, seed corn, fuel, all the chemicals we put on. We end up with about $175K left when it is all done.

Do you calculate costs the same way for your sign business?

Gene

Mosh

4:20 here. I am going to go drive around and have a few beers.
Thanks for hi-jacking my post people!

Status
Not open for further replies.