• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

To My Friends and Family here...

Bigdawg

Just Me
Life hasn't been so great lately -yet I am more than thankful for the things that are good.. the things that let me be okay for a few more minutes... the sometimes very small pleasures in life.

My Bigdawg is going in for a defibrillator on Monday. He was supposed to have it almost a month ago but when some test came back they were worse than we thought... so even though it had been approved - it had to be changed from a single-chamber to a double chamber because of the deterioration in his health. It all takes time. He is down to 25% heart function.

About six weeks ago the doctor told my husband that it is a miracle every day he is alive. It is. The defib is a last-ditch effort to keep him alive longer. While most people get one to regulate their heart beat and in case their heart slows too much or speeds up too much the defib can shock the rate back to where it's supposed be. With my husband it's because there is a huge risk his heart will just stop. He'll get tired one day and it will just stop and the defib may be able to stop it from being the last time.

I didn't handle the news too well.... actually I spent the better part of a week crying when they told me he will never get any better but they can try to keep him alive as long as possible. But no guarantees on how long.

My husband is everything to me.... the most important part of my life. I realized I couldn't function working away from home... all I could think of is the urgent need to be with him. To make sure he is okay. I offered my resignation at work... but my boss is a terrific guy. We talked it over and I am still employed - but on a part time schedule with a ton of flexibility.

The real Bigdawg is Superman. Seriously is Superman. He is the toughest SOB I know and he is fighting every day... we haven't given up any kind of hope... but we've had some real hard doses of reality here lately.

You guys are my friends... my family... I've always loved that we are like one on here - dysfunction and all. I share this because you are. I'm scared. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers and understand why I'm not on here much lately. He is my number one priority.

signage

Sorry to here Jeff isn't doing well, Let all hope he get the defib. and take a turn for the better and proves the doctors wrong!

geb

I know personally how hard it is to care for a loved one when they have had serious health issues. It is amazing how resilient one can be and keep moving forward. Enjoy every day Stacy, as I have been, some are better, some are worse, but they are still here and that is all that matters. My mom and your husband are very strong people, how they have pushed through all that has happened is unbelievable, but being there is the most important thing, which we are, and I will be thinking of you both and wish you all the luck with everything going forward.

George

10sacer

My grandmother had one "installed" when she was 75 and she lived an active life til 93...

You're "buying time" - but every day sounds like it would be worth it for you.

Good luck.

hightop

Sending prayers and good thoughts for you and your Bigdawg!! Take care of him and take care of yourself, too.

randya

Enjoy every day Stacy, as I have been, some are better, some are worse, but they are still here and that is all that matters.
George

This,

and keep LOVE in your heart
(try not to let fear overcome your love)

Best Wishes...

BobM

My prayers and thoughts are with you and I wish you the strength to carry you each day.

Baz

Well .... That's a sad situation ... I'm hoping everything goes well for your husband Stacy and that the defib. will work miracles and continue to keep you two together! Sending good thoughts your way. :smile: