• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

To My Friends and Family here...

OldPaint

tell jeff i said getting one of those things....will put lead in his pencil))))))))))) i posted on your facebook page:
no more electric arc welding, workin on cars with the motor running. when he goes to the doctors after its installed, they hook you up to a computer!!!!! no kiddin. the thing that bugs me, is that modem sorta thing they have you put on near the bed. its connected to the hospital. and they can monitor you at any time. i was talking to a 64 year old guy, who has the implant for near 20 years!!!!!!! also have another friend who is in his 40's, getting his 1st one replaced after bout 10 years, they do work. its been bout 8 weeks since ive had mine. sorta getting used to it. hes gona be ok.

Zazzess

My prayers are with you !
Your love is so strong.
It is an example to us all.
Please be strong !

xox

Isabelle

OneUpTenn

Wow tears filled my eyes as I read your post. You and your husband will be thought about and prayed for alot. Never underestimate the power of prayer.

Strolls down memory lane are so good for the soul.

Rodi

Stacy,
am and have been praying for Jeff & you.

It really is so abstract, this life of ours. The doctors say one thing, miracles happen. Perfect health and one drops dead at 44. Who knows, right? No one knows with 100% certainty how life turns out, that is why you have put such a high priority on Jeff and that is the best thing you can do. Love, it should bring a smile and tear to each of us.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Again - thank you everyone.

His surgery was yesterday - everything went pretty good. They gave him a LOT of anesthesia so he was out most of the day - which was a good thing.

Got there this morning and he was ornery as ever. Which is also a good thing. If he ain't complaining when he's at the hospital I know he's hurting bad... and believe me - he was ready to go.

We'll find out in the next couple of months how much this will do for him. I am breathing easier now that the procedure is done and the defib is in place. I have to say I was having some serious concerns (as was he) that we'd get to this point.

So healing is the next step - they'll adjust the defib and hopefully we'll get to see a lil improvement in how he feels. Now let's see if he can actually be good for the next six weeks... we'll see :smile:

Tim Kingston

Here's hoping that everything works out the way you wish. I think having you by his side, just being there as much as possible, adds a tremendous amount of strength and comfort. Get to know the nurses, they are the ones who can support his recovery best and provide you with good information on his condition when you aren't there in the hospital. We are rootin' for you guys. Tim

OldPaint

get yourself one of those wrist BLOOD PRESURE/PULSE monitors. seriously. they put my difb in april 30th and sent me home the next day. i have one of these bp/pulse things and was having problems with the pulse falling below 60!!!! any pulse below 60 or more like 55 or less, puts you into BRADICARDIA. is the resting heart rate of under 60 beats per minute, though it is seldom symptomatic until the rate drops below 50 beat/min. It may cause cardiac arrest in some patients.
mine after the difb was put in was 38-45!!!!!! i went to E.R. bout 3-4 nites later with a stomach ache, and the admitting nurse, put the BP cup on me, tried it 3 different time, she got this look on her face and said, HES GOT TO IN RIGHT NOW!!!! no waiting!!! they got my pulse stable and called the difb tech. she came in bout an hour later, with her computer and hooked me up and started to run stripes. she run 5-6 and said, ok, we missed when we put in the difb that you had BI-GEMINAL heartbeat. means i had 2 beats instead of 1, and the difb wasnt workin on the right one. or something like that. she set the low pulse rate at 45, the high at 90. so i go either side of those numbers the pacemaker part will step in to regulate heatneat back to norm. tell him i said when they say 6-8 WEEKS RECOVERY.....BELIEVE THEM!!!!! my 3rd week i tried climbing a ladder. DUMB MOVE!!!!!! for 3 days i was sore. i strained my right arm. mine is on the right side as iam left handed. they said i would not be able to lift over 10 pound with the arm closest to difb. that thing is embedded in the chest muscle, so any physical stuff that uses that muscle.....is outa the question. glad hes doin good. he or you can call anytime(that i aint sleeping)))))))))

Bigdawg

Just Me
That was the original ongoing problem Joe - his heartbeat was down to 45 - 50 max.... just couldn't put out any more. I was damn near dancing in the hallways when I saw it hitting 60 after the defib was in. If his heart can handle 60, in a couple of months they'll try increasing it a little. I'm just excited for this much. I slept like a log last night for the first time in what felt like forever.

We have a blood pressure / heartbeat monitor at home.. thanks though for mentioning it. We've had to monitor for a long time now. And I told him I'll kick his butt if he tries to do anything for 6 weeks. I live in the family neighborhood and they'll call me and tell on him if he does :smile: