• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Too high for me!

sar bossier

Ok - SERIOUS fear of heights ... I did not even open it, and my hands and feet are sweating just reading ths posts. SERIOUS wimp here, I freely admit it ...

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Seeeeeerious pucker factor here...serious. I saw this a few months ago and still get wooozy just watching.

JB

letterman7

I only started to pucker when they said "only 60 more feet to the top"....

and really, crash helmets aren't going to help you in that job...

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
and really, crash helmets aren't going to help you in that job...

Look at the guys below the first climber. They're right in the path of dropped tools...crash helmets WILL help them...so long as they aren't looking up when said tool begins its descent.

JB

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I couldn't even watch the whole thing - gave up halfway through. That is one seriously fearless dude. I remember seeing an old black and white film clip of a tower like that being winched up into place years ago. There were six guys riding it up. The cable snapped when it was almost vertical. You could see the black dots of six guys falling to their deaths. No way, for all the money in the world, could I ever attempt that.

SignManiac

The only way you would get me up there is to guarantee me I wouldn't get arrested for jumping off of it. They frown on base jumps in most places....

MikesSigns

Have a friend who does this for a living. Major big buck- a- roos. No thanks. He says the towers actually move back and forth, like a skyscraper, constantly. He would like to para-glide down but its not allowed. Nauseous just watching.

WrapperX

I hope the tool he drops isn't a BMFH, cause even with a helmet that could be deadly;-)

My knees tingled and palms burst into sweats watching that - I couldn't finish it. I stopped at the 5 minute mark. He wasn't even saftey cabled in for 90% of his climb - I know - they explained why but WTF!?!

At 1768' what he dropped would reach terminal velocity so it wouldn't matter if you were wearing a helmet or not - it would tear through what ever it hit like a bullet!

I wonder if these guys do base jumps off of these towers to get down.

copythat

I'm Scared of heights now!

How the hell did they continued to mount those pieces together without scaffolding?

Mike F

That's about the sketchiest damn job I've ever seen, I'd rather wrestle bears professionally than be that guy.