• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tragedy Strikes

Rodi

You may have seen the reports on the news of the beer distributor killings. Well, that is my home town.

A beer truck driver was caught on video stealing beer. He was about to be fired and or forced to quit. He kills 8 others then himself. He killed the local union president, his own rep.

It is so sad. I have done little bit water label jobs for these guys and they were pretty nice, funny even. The vice president is in his thirties, he was shot in the face and neck, and survived. He said himself it is only Gods grace that he survived. The gunman killed 8 people 49-6x in age. Who can make sense of this?

Life is beautiful, remember that when you see your kids, when a spouse annoys a friend who is on the outs. We can all be dead so soon, without our "Consent."

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I've seen it all over the news. He even called his mom before he blew himself away and told her he was a victim of racial crimes or discriminatory types and that he loved her. What a whack job. Get caught stealing.... and kill the innocent ones around you.

marcsitkin

I just talked with a friend in Manchester, and it has really affected the psyche of the town. It's a shame that this happened. I understand that the company is well regarded and had been considered a nice place to work.

I'm from that neck of the woods, and it's really not the type of news I like to hear. I have lots of friends their, and many good memories. Condolences to all involved.

David Wright

Until we defeat racism this will always continue. He said they had painted pictures of nooses and racial epithets around the place.

He was driven to it pure and simple, poor man. His only outlet was to occasionally take some beer for himself and they tried to deny that to him.

Marlene

way too many of these killings happening. employee gets ticked off and kills on the job site. it is scary. so sorry for all the innocent families and for their losses.

Until we defeat racism this will always continue. He said they had painted pictures of nooses and racial epithets around the place.

He was driven to it pure and simple, poor man. His only outlet was to occasionally take some beer for himself and they tried to deny that to him.

I'm sorry, but bulls*$t to that. he was not driven to kill, that was his own selfish choice. this "poor man" has forever changed the lives of all those families. that "poor man" never filled a complaint or did anything to deal with this until he decided to kill, that was how he handled it. his only outlet was to steal from the copy he worked for????? again, bulls*$t.

Marlene

Like Marlene did?

yes. I guess I was just upset by this and thougth that there are people out there who will think like that and missed the sarcasm in Dave's post. yesterday was filled with some awful news. the 6 kids who died in the river, this and that little two year who they now think is missing due to foul play. sorry Dave!

my daughter is working for a company that has a nut case who targeted my daughter as the source of her problems at work. the woman got on a PA system and told the plant that she was going to kill herself and listed people who would be responsible for doing this and my child was on her list. she then left work and they found her sitting by the side of the road crying. believe it or notm she is back on the job and I live in fear that this nut will become another case like what happened in Manchester so I think that too added to my missing the sarcasm in the post because it is such a fear

Techman

This guy killed because he got caught. Simple as that.
The town, the company and the workers are the victims of his anger by his hand.

Sorry for your loss Rodi.

TheSnowman

Sad sad story. Just another reason that I always say nothing good comes of alcohol. I know it could have happened to anyone that was whacked out...but ugh...I hate hearing these kinds of stories.

SignManiac

Sad to say but I think we will be seeing a lot more of this happening in the coming years. Times are hard for a lot of people and I don't see things getting better in this country. People are being pushed to the ends of their limits. It won't take much for a nut case to crack.

DarbySign

I live and work in Manchester. Everyone at least knows someone who knows someone who works there, so it's definitely casting a shadow over the town.

GoodPeopleFlags

my daughter is working for a company that has a nut case who targeted my daughter as the source of her problems at work. the woman got on a PA system and told the plant that she was going to kill herself and listed people who would be responsible for doing this and my child was on her list. she then left work and they found her sitting by the side of the road crying. believe it or notm she is back on the job and I live in fear that this nut will become another case like what happened in Manchester so I think that too added to my missing the sarcasm in the post because it is such a fear

Marlene, that is so scary. When that crazy B goes on a killing spree, it's not like they can say they didn't see it coming. Like that crazy B here at UAH who killed 4 - 5 people back in Feburary. There were all kinds of red flags. If I was your daughter, I'd be looking for another job. Or at least a way to get that crazy person out of there.

GypsyGraphics

Seriously dude... you better be F'n kidding me with this BS!!!

Off himself and he's a poor thief, playing the race card. Take anyone with you and who gives a flying f**k what drove you to it... ya F'n murder!

David Wright

Well what good is decent sarcasm if you don't play it for all it's worth?
Anyways it was funny to see those that take it at first glance. No problem.

What's not funny is this story and so many like it, but you know their are many out there that won't be kidding and not just the race hustlers.

GypsyGraphics

yes. I guess I was just upset by this and thougth that there are people out there who will think like that and missed the sarcasm in Dave's post. yesterday was filled with some awful news. the 6 kids who died in the river, this and that little two year who they now think is missing due to foul play. sorry Dave!

oops... me too. i couldn't even control myself long enough to finish reading the thread.

okay... can i go off again???? WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE! That company has a responsibility to provide a safe work environment! Is everyone so concerned with being politically correct that they are more concerned with protecting the wack-jobs over their victims! :frustrated:

Marlene, go to the newspapers with that information. Scream it from the rooftops till someone listens!

Now i'm gonna worry about your daughter everyday too! i better leave this thread, i can't take the heat.

Last edited:

Steve C.

Guess I'm with Marlene and Gypsy...sarcasm went right over my head.
Sadly, because there really are some who believe that way.