• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant Ugh New 570, New Problems!

Christian @ 2CT Media

Is this happening when media is attached to TUR? If so run a test without TUR and see what happens.

Either way something is definitely out of whack. Misalignment on infeed/outfeed, nip pressure or a combination.

Would love to be a fly on the wall to see how the techs attack the issue.
It happens before the TUR is engaged and is exacerbated once the TUR is engaged. From early measurements it looks like something is off on the leg measurements/alignment. They have a top tier tech involved and action/replace plan in place for today.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Strange, we do long runs and don't get any skew on our 570 or 560's. I have heard of the issue but we have not been able to replicate it on our units. Good luck! Does it do it on all the media?
Our first 570 is great, tracks relatively straight all the way through a 300' roll end to end, this one looks like a manufacturing defect in some way. So far it has done it on SAV, Banner, and HP Matte Poly Pro

rjssigns

It happens before the TUR is engaged and is exacerbated once the TUR is engaged. From early measurements it looks like something is off on the leg measurements/alignment. They have a top tier tech involved and action/replace plan in place for today.
Sounds like you're on the road to recovery. Please let us know what the tech finds and how it was corrected.

rjssigns

HP has decided to RMA the machine... they cannot diagnose on site so they are sending a replacement machine to get us running properly. At least after all we went through we are getting taken care of quickly on this one.

Nice! Kudos to HP.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Well these machines we now think they are not really meant for heavy production at all.

So our 1st machine is now down. Heater cores and ink pump system failed.

And now today the new machine that was just swapped out 1 week ago is down, ink pump not working. It wont pump ink from the black box to the sub cart, same problem as the first machine.

6 rolls left on this project and now 2 down machines. Good thing we have a brand new 365 to carry the load but geez. Oh well our HP tech who is amazing will be out again Monday to finish working on the first machine and start on the second.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Sounds like HP printer repairman is one job that will be automation-proof for the for the foreseeable future.
Might be time to do some cross training.

wayne k
guam usa

rjssigns

Well these machines we now think they are not really meant for heavy production at all.

So our 1st machine is now down. Heater cores and ink pump system failed.

And now today the new machine that was just swapped out 1 week ago is down, ink pump not working. It wont pump ink from the black box to the sub cart, same problem as the first machine.

6 rolls left on this project and now 2 down machines. Good thing we have a brand new 365 to carry the load but geez. Oh well our HP tech who is amazing will be out again Monday to finish working on the first machine and start on the second.

Yikes! Three rigs down and one is brand new. Makes me wonder about the overall build quality and QC process.

Now for somethng completely different: Are you still going to get the Colorado 1640?

Johnny Best

I am having a rough time keeping up with this story. Two new printers down during a big job you outbid someone on. Your other 500 series is working good and you went with new 300s and they are breaking down. Years ago I had a HP5500PS printer and swore I would never buy a HP again. I know people love them. Like a boat, the two happy days where the day I bought it and the day I sold it.
But getting back to your story, good luck with your printers and getting the work completed. You need a nice vacation.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Yikes! Three rigs down and one is brand new. Makes me wonder about the overall build quality and QC process.

Now for somethng completely different: Are you still going to get the Colorado 1640?
We are still talking with them about the Colorado. They are working out kinks and bugs on their end and is supposed to be getting us a sample we can test on vehicles. They are also going to give us a solid comparison to our HP by printing the exact same print and we can compare speed and quality directly.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I am having a rough time keeping up with this story. Two new printers down during a big job you outbid someone on. Your other 500 series is working good and you went with new 300s and they are breaking down. Years ago I had a HP5500PS printer and swore I would never buy a HP again. I know people love them. Like a boat, the two happy days where the day I bought it and the day I sold it.
But getting back to your story, good luck with your printers and getting the work completed. You need a nice vacation.
We are down to 3 machines, 2 570s and 1 365. The 365 is brand new, HP replaced our 360 with it as they couldn't repair the 360 for nearly 5 weeks. The 1 570 is only 8 weeks old and then we bought a 570 about 4 weeks ago and that one was defective. On June 29th they replaced the defective 570 with a new one.

So our 8 week old 570 the heating modules and ink pump system went out on July 3rd. Then on July 7th the brand new 570 the ink pump is no longer working.

With this job we are pushing these machines very hard and testing their limits, well we certainly found them. I just hope HP uses this as a primer to make another level of machine priced between $25k and $180k for those of us that would gain little benefit from the 1500 but need something designed to take abuse.

rjssigns

Quite some time ago Roland had an issue with pumps. I remember them sending a large pump, bracket, lines etc... No issues since. Could be just a bad batch or undersize for the workload you're giving them.
Now my question is what is the designed life of the printer? How many square meters before it is not worth fixing?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Quite some time ago Roland had an issue with pumps. I remember them sending a large pump, bracket, lines etc... No issues since. Could be just a bad batch or undersize for the workload you're giving them.
Now my question is what is the designed life of the printer? How many square meters before it is not worth fixing?
Well after reading a few things online, I found a troubleshooting guide from someone with a 370. They said to go in to the service menu and reprime the system. I restarted the machine and did that and the pump is working again. So I'm running a print now and so far so good!

Chase

New Printers for Christmas!
Good to see some life coming back! I had two heater issues pop up last week. Here is the error message. Similar to your issue on the heater??

Attachments

• IMG_5913.jpg
    IMG_5913.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 165

Christian @ 2CT Media

You have the opposite of ours... We have low voltage errors. Yours might need to be recalibrated, our second 570 needed the fans adjusted and the heater voltage calibrated.