• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Update- Changed the heads, now having a differnt problem....

OK so I changed the heads, dampers, etc. on my Falcon outdoor 62 now I am having a difficult time with trying to set the parameters on this thing... I am so confused here! I lookid into having a service tech come and look at it but it's like $500 just for them to show up and then $250 per hour. I am a very small operation and I just can't afford that right now. Anyone have any suggestions or maybe someone in NJ want to help a guy out and come by here to give me a hand?

Mutoh's service prices suck! Roland rocks in the service dept. Thats why a little research will go a long way before buying a piece of equipment.

Best thing to do is keep checking right here, somebody here has been in the same situation as you before and can offer some insight on what to do, don't give up.

randya

Mutoh's service prices suck! Roland rocks in the service dept. Thats why a little research will go a long way before buying a piece of equipment.

Best thing to do is keep checking right here, somebody here has been in the same situation as you before and can offer some insight on what to do, don't give up.

I am interested, what are Rolands service call rates for out of warranty printers?

Graphics2u

It doesn't matter what printer you have, they are expensive to have a tech come out and work on them.

OK so I changed the heads, dampers, etc. on my Falcon outdoor 62 now I am having a difficult time with trying to set the parameters on this thing...
What kind of problem exactly do you neeed help with? You have a manual?

jiarby

I recently racked up 1K in costs for a tech to come and replace a capping station. Print head will be next, probably later this year.

I wasn't being funny when I said "raise your prices".

Printers are expensive.
Maintenance is expensive.

Many people base their prices mostly on the cost of the substrates and then they whine & moan about how expensive it is to keep their machine running.

I don't mean this to attack the OP.... this is a common post here.

If you are charging prices that more accurately reflect the cost of running your business rather than simply the cost of vinyl & coro then when it comes time to peel off 1-2K you just do it.

Printer maintenance expenses should not be an expense that suddenly pops up and suprises you. It's GONNA happen.

If $500 to $1000 cracks you then you had it coming.

randya

OK so I changed the heads, dampers, etc. on my Falcon outdoor 62 now I am having a difficult time with trying to set the parameters on this thing... I am so confused here! I lookid into having a service tech come and look at it but it's like $500 just for them to show up and then $250 per hour. I am a very small operation and I just can't afford that right now. Anyone have any suggestions or maybe someone in NJ want to help a guy out and come by here to give me a hand?

If you could be more specific about which parameters and what your are seeing, it would be easier to suggest ways you can try and do it yourself.

Well, I thought that I set the perameters correctly but apperantly I did something wrong. when the heads go over to the postition over the capping station they do not go all the way over the capping station. The printer says plot ok but when I try to rip a simple text test file Flexi says that it is printing but the printer does nothing but say receiving port.

zgraphics

I have the same printer... I feel for you... I'm still a rookie in printing..
how are you sending you files to print USB or LPT? Maybe change the port?
Does it print when you print the color chart and the lines? How old is your printer..

randya

if the dampers are about half full, check the head fuses.

If you dont have ink in the dampers, none will get out of the head.

What does your nozzle check look like?